PA - Mass shooting, five adults & unborn child dead, Wilkinsburg, March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sources say they are looking at the possibility those two men were sent to Wilkinsburg to carry out what’s being described as an alleged “revenge killing,” potentially targeting Lamont Powell, who is now in UPMC Mercy Hospital in critical condition from the shooting.

According to sources, there is information in the case that points to a fatal shooting in Pittsburgh that Powell may have been involved in. Sources say the alleged promise may have been to take the lives of Powell and his family.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...in-wilkinsburg-mass-shooting-2-gunmen-sought/

Sources say they are looking at the possibility those two men were sent to Wilkinsburg to carry out what’s being described as an alleged “revenge killing,” potentially targeting Lamont Powell, who is now in UPMC Mercy Hospital in critical condition from the shooting.

According to sources, there is information in the case that points to a fatal shooting in Pittsburgh that Powell may have been involved in. Sources say the alleged promise may have been to take the lives of Powell and his family.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...in-wilkinsburg-mass-shooting-2-gunmen-sought/

Thanks so much, popsicle.

I had seen in a couple of earlier articles the possibility that Lamont was the target, as well as the notion that the massacre was Retaliation.

This news gives me even more encouragement than I felt late last night that the suspects will be apprehended soon. I hope if they try a shoot-out vs LE that they are the only ones down.

So sad, all of this...lives lost and others damaged forever.

~jmo~

Just a cautionary note:

A few hours ago, I pulled-up an article on case at mashable. The article itself is from AP and as such is well-sourced/written. The close-up photo of the porch at the top of the page could be more disturbing to some than to others.

Suggestion: Avoid if you are sensitive to crime-scene photos that display blood, etc.

~jmo~

Amazing info Pop!! Ty! Wow!

Just chilling -- and explains the evident hatred.....vile act

“They funneled them onto the porch and then just lit them up,” Agent Taylor said. “It was like a military [operation], like when I was in the Marines. That’s totally what it looked like. They were funneling them. It made them an easy target. Then once the first guy died, he blocked the door and the girls were stuck on the porch and buh-buh-buh-buh, they’re all down there behind him. Thank God the kids were all right.”

31 from an AK-47 and 18 from the handgun.

Agent Taylor said the use of the assault rifle at such close range meant some of the shots passed through one victim and into another. One woman had 50 bullet holes in her body, counting entry and exit wounds, he said.
this was like what the Soviet army used to use.

“We haven’t seen something like this for quite some time — if we’ve ever seen this type of planning in terms of planning for taking life,” said Mr. Zappala, who visited the scene Thursday morning. “We think one, maybe two people were targeted. The rest of the people would be fairly characterized as innocent. This was an ambush.”

Lamont Powell, was among those wounded at the cookout. He was shot four times,

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/east/2016/03/10/Multiple-people-shot-in-Wilkinsburg/stories/201603100136

http://www.tjcnewspaper.com/5-shot-dead-3-wounded-at-backyard-party-in-pa-319542/

Thanks so much, popsicle.

I had seen in a couple of earlier articles the possibility that Lamont was the target, as well as the notion that the massacre was Retaliation.

This news gives me even more encouragement than I felt late last night that the suspects will be apprehended soon. I hope if they try a shoot-out vs LE that they are the only ones down.

So sad, all of this...lives lost and others damaged forever.

~jmo~

Or, sorry, it could mean they are pros and long gone ...............

Which in a way after Pops post sounds more and more like that was deal, just by the fact that nothing has really happened in terms of suspects

apprently though (linked earlier) there is a peice of physical evidence INSide the house that cops think will lead them
to one of them

never had a chance........to get away

and boy oh boy - if this is what happened the poor family is gonna have to deal with "that" (Lament may have had some role in causing the event )compnent of this tradegy

Complicated stuff emerging..............

It wont let me add to a past post!!

March 1, 2000: Ronald Taylor shot five men, three fatally, at an apartment building and two fast-food restaurants in Wilkinsburg. Taylor is black; his victims were all white.
— April 28, 2000: Richard S. Baumhammers, 46, killed five people on a 20-mile route spanning two counties, the 72-minute rampage. He is on death row.
— Jan. 25, 2002: Andra Crisswalle and William Thompson, wearing masks, burst into Mr. Tommy’s Sandwich Shop in Homewood. They fired a barrage of bullets that killed Parrish Freeman, 35, and Freeman’s 8-year-old daughter, Taylor Coles, who were eating supper, and Thomas Mitchell III, a rival drug dealer .......
— April 4, 2009: Armed with an AK-47 assault rifle, Richard Poplawski killed three Pittsburgh police officers after they responded to a domestic disturbance call f

exchanged hundreds of rounds of gunfire with SWAT officers before he surrendered. Poplawski was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death.

— Aug. 4, 2009: George Sodini of Scott shot more than three dozen rounds during a crowded aerobics class at an LA Fitness Center in Collier, killing three women and injuring nine others.
— March 8, 2012: John Shick, a schizophrenic former graduate student, opened fire with two handguns in the lobby of Western Psych, killing one and injuring five before a police officer fatally shot him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/r...notorious-mass-shootings/stories/201603110134

http://old.post-gazette.com/regionstate/20010512baumhammers1.asp

Oh CARIIS.. This is so awful isn't it? I haven't been able to post until now. A family should be safe enjoying beautiful weather with loved ones. Backyard gatherings should be safe from this kind of horror.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I Ninj

The more I learn the more messed up it gets. It is like a old Chicago gang land ...sign on the bottom line purchase order for some "murders"

It is really gross and quite upsetting. I realized I have spent hours today, kinda unconcs looking for the "why"

I then realized that even if we get some sort of "why" we will still be asking "Why"...............

Troubling indeed..................my dear

they have been saying : gunmen appeared to have targeted one or two of the victims, all day and all day I have tried to figure out how they could tell that --- so many folks were shot a lot more than Lamar any ideas guys??

Thanks, Cariis, you're digging up some pretty important stuff that is helping me understand this case a little better.

Or, sorry, it could mean they are pros and long gone ...............

Which in a way after Pops post sounds more and more like that was deal, just by the fact that nothing has really happened in terms of suspects

apprently though (linked earlier) there is a peice of physical evidence INSide the house that cops think will lead them
to one of them

never had a chance........to get away

I think gangstas and street ****s just get lucky when they get away, for whatever reasons not necessarily related to their supposed 'cleverness'. I don't regard them as pros at all. Geniuses they are not.

In this case, I believe people are talking, and the names of the perps may well be known already by LE. The piece of physical evidence as reported today will not just lead LE to them but also serve to convict them if tried.

I hope I am right...tick-tock.

~jmo~

ETA: oops, sorry...I did not realize that a term for horrible hooligans that is common in the vernacular was restricted here :-/

and boy oh boy - if this is what happened the poor family is gonna have to deal with "that" (Lament may have had some role in causing the event )compnent of this tradegy

Complicated stuff emerging..............

Yes, I agree. I worried as soon as I saw Lamont's name mentioned as a possible target. His poor Mother, with all of the losses she is having to endure.

He didn't 'cause' this, however. The killers did. Retaliation...for just what?

Lamont faces surgery tomorrow, after being shot in the neck and more and kept in an induced coma since, facedown.

I think his survival chances, along with the other male in critical care, are iffy.

I can't imagine the pain Jessica Shelton is having to shoulder.

~jmo~

Wow this is so sad. They all look like a fun loving bunch! I hope they find the killers, just sickening that this happened and someone is evil enough to do this to a family who was doing nothing but having a good time.

In their own backyard. Minding their own business.

All of the victims were hit by shots from the rifle, and none from gunfire from the pistol, which "looked like a distraction almost,

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gunmen-1-with-rifle-worked-as-team-to-kill-6-at-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-cookout/

Witnesses Urged to Come Forward in Deadly Cookout Ambush

Police have no suspects and a county executive urged witnesses to come forward.

Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said providing any information "can be our first step to stopping the violence in our communities."

"As a community, we must say enough is enough," he said.

All of the victims were hit by shots from the rifle, and none from gunfire from the pistol, which "looked like a distraction almost," said agent Chris Taylor, of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. He said 49 shots were fired in total, 31 from the rifle.

~jmo~

A very brutal and calculated shooting, no doubt. This was very much a carefully planned event, essentially drawing them into one area with the handgun and then firing at the isolated crowd with the rifle.

Your average gang banger might use a hand gun in situations like this, but a rifle is quite unusual.

There's no mention of return fire, so either the party goers were unarmed or it was just sheer chaos and perhaps no one close by saw where the shots were coming from. Either way it must have been full scale panic as soon as the rifle starting firing.

There was definitely a lot of hate here, so it's not surprising this could be a retaliation of sorts.

Nothing has changed in more than 35 years in Wilkinsburg. I used to drive there to take a friend home back in the 70's when I attended college and it was bad then and has only gotten worse. I was cautioned then as a young white woman, to not drive thru there at night or during the day. Keep your doors locked, don't stay at a light if someone is approaching your car, just get out of there. So now they are gangs killing gangs and the drugs are more rampant than ever. I got out of Pittsburgh in 2000, so glad I did.

Listening to the mom talk was so hard. I can't even imagine the pain she is going through along with the children. The children were inside, what a relief. Wednesday was such a beautiful day, I can see them sitting outside enjoying a few rounds of cards. Has the three men that were at the party come forward or are they indeed the shooters?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation
Back