Still Missing PA - Matthew James Branning & co-worker, Michael Allen Stark (arrested), Perkasie Boro, 15 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was recently informed that Stark has been arrested on unrelated charges. I believe that is stemming from a failure to appear warrant and not anything to do with this case. At the moment I have no other information on where he was arrested. And I haven’t been able to find any other information online concerning his arrest. If any other further news comes too light I’ll be sure to post it here.

I was recently informed that Stark has been arrested on unrelated charges. I believe that is stemming from a failure to appear warrant and not anything to do with this case. At the moment I have no other information on where he was arrested. And I haven’t been able to find any other information online concerning his arrest. If any other further news comes too light I’ll be sure to post it here.

EDIT - I should add that this shows the prior outstanding chargers and warrant for Stark in Monroe County and also that he was in Monroe County jail this past July, but then in Bucks County jail at the end of August. It’s Bucks County LE that has been investigating Mr. Branning’s disappearance.

Last edited:
There’s a late August FB post (apparently on Matthew’s birthday) from a close relative of Matt’s saying Happy first birthday in heaven. The same relative posted a picture of her and Matt on August 15 and a post the next day essentially indicating she was up all night and couldn’t sleep. The timing of those posts and the apparent arrest of Stark in late July and move to Bucks County prison in August may suggest that the arrest did lead to info and that it may not be much longer before there’s an LE update/chargers filed.

Looks like Stark is in the Bucks County jail. Apparently he was booked into jail on August 30.

Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Feb **, ****
ID Number133***
Custody Status Date Sep 02, 2022 01:23 PM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Bucks County Correctional Facility
Book Date Aug 30, 2022 12:55 PM EDT

1730 S Easton Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
(215) 345-3700
REPORTING AGENCY
Bucks County Correctional Facility
1730 S Easton Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
(215) 345-3700

Michael Stark, a 49-year-old resident of Royersford, Pa., has been charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping, robbery and related offenses for the death of 50-year-old Matthew Branning.
He was charged with the murder on Thursday and is being held without bail.

He is charged with related charges!

I’m glad there will be some justice for Matthew. I wonder if Stark will ever tell what he did. I believe Matthew’s body was left in South Jersey. Unfortunately, he really could be anywhere.

This investigation, aided by tips from the public, concluded that Stark kidnapped Branning at the end of his work shift on Oct. 15, 2021, forced him to withdraw money from a nearby ATM, and then fled into New Jersey in the victim’s vehicle. At some point during the encounter, Stark killed Branning and disposed of his body. The victim’s body has yet to be recovered.

There has been no official confirmation, but sources close said that a body was found somewhere in Maryland in the last couple of weeks. From what I am told it is presumed to be Matt.
It is unknown at this time why this hasn’t been released to the general public yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back