PA - Michael, 50, & Cathryn Borden, 50, shot to death, 13 Nov 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm watching them check her out on MSNBC- she's obviously cuffed as well...

A man wanted in a Pennsylvania double homicide and abduction of 14-year-old girl was captured Monday after a car he was driving crashed in central Indiana following a police pursuit, the Indiana State Police said.

State Police 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten said David Ludwig, 18, was apprehended about 12:30 p.m. after a car he was driving crashed in Hendricks County about 20 miles west of Indianapolis following a pursuit by State Police.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/5322232/detail.html

Picture of the crashed car and handcuffed Ludwig at link.
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4115792

As rude as this may sound, almost every picture of Kara on her website looks to me like she is trying to look all seducitve and sexy.

I was trying to access the story where that someoen posted on the thread in the missing forum where the housekeeper said she was "boy crazy". I am starting to not be surprised the more I am looking at all these pictures with the sucked in cheeks and the eyes looking up and stuff ... Society is resorting teens to this stuff, in my opinion.
It's everywhere. It's certainly all over myspace.com.
That place may be a hang out for people on the net to have fun and post, but it's certianly filthy, too in my opinion.

These decisions these children made to stay out past curfew and argue with her parents is going to haunt them for the rest of their lives.
It's a shame :(
All for what? Puppy love? :doh:

What a tragic story ... I pray that Kara wasn't involved in her parents' murders. I just couldn't imagine. :(

Mr. E said:
Somebody asked where David got the gun. He was a hunter. He probably had access.

I guess what I was wondering is if he brought the gun to the confrontation which would show premeditation.

PrayersForMaura said:
As rude as this may sound, almost every picture of Kara on her website looks to me like she is trying to look all seducitve and sexy.

I was trying to access the story where that someoen posted on the thread in the missing forum where the housekeeper said she was "boy crazy". I am starting to not be surprised the more I am looking at all these pictures with the sucked in cheeks and the eyes looking up and stuff ... Society is resorting teens to this stuff, in my opinion.
It's everywhere. It's certainly all over myspace.com.
That place may be a hang out for people on the net to have fun and post, but it's certianly filthy, too in my opinion.

These decisions these children made to stay out past curfew and argue with her parents is going to haunt them for the rest of their lives.
It's a shame :(
All for what? Puppy love? :doh:
I kind of felt bad for her until I read that they had been out all night and they started arguing with her parents. HELLO...she's 14 years old. I know when I was younger I pushed my boundaries like every kid does but I was not staying out all night when I was 14 years old. I'm wondering if this was a regular occurance with her. Her parents had every right to be mad and I do not feel bad for this girl what so ever, especially after seeing her provocative pictures on myspace. I really feel bad for her siblings, who now have to grow up without parents because of her irresponsibility.

Paradise said:
I kind of felt bad for her until I read that they had been out all night and they started arguing with her parents. HELLO...she's 14 years old. I know when I was younger I pushed my boundaries like every kid does but I was not staying out all night when I was 14 years old. I'm wondering if this was a regular occurance with her. Her parents had every right to be mad and I do not feel bad for this girl what so ever, especially after seeing her provocative pictures on myspace. I really feel bad for her siblings, who now have to grow up without parents because of her irresponsibility.
I read they were out LATE on Saturday night and the girl's parents asked him to come back the next morning to talk about being out past curfew. To the poster above that would mean he came back to the parent's house with a gun....unless the gun was already in the vehicle but I think it was a hand gun used not a hunting rifle....IMO

I am wondering why we have not heard a thing about his family....no statement from his parents? I'm sure they are in complete shock, but I would have expected a plea or something on their behalf when both were still missing. :confused:

The article said that the police are questioning the pair. I hope this is not true with respect to Kara. She is a juvenile and the police have no right to question her without permission from a parent or guardian. Her parents are dead and there is likely no court appointed guardian at this point. I sincerely hope that any guardian retains legal representation for Kara before she is questioned, as LE is undoubtedly out to get her. LE will say she had an opportunity, at some point, to escape but she didn’t seize the opportunity. They will try to use this against her to say she was complicit, or an accessory, in her boyfriend’s actions. They will try to make her squirm without any regard for her emotional state or condition. She should say nothing at this point as LE will twist anything she says and use it against her. She is only guilty of belligerence in her relationship with her parents, and that is not a crime. LE has no compassion in cases like this. The child is only 14 and just lost both of her parents. She is clearly not responsible and they should leave her alone.

IndyGal said:
I am wondering why we have not heard a thing about his family....no statement from his parents? I'm sure they are in complete shock, but I would have expected a plea or something on their behalf when both were still missing. :confused:
Wait and see, they will blame Kara at some point.

netsleuth said:
The article said that the police are questioning the pair. I hope this is not true with respect to Kara. She is a juvenile and the police have no right to question her without permission from a parent or guardian. Her parents are dead and there is likely no court appointed guardian at this point. I sincerely hope that any guardian retains legal representation for Kara before she is questioned, as LE is undoubtedly out to get her. LE will say she had an opportunity, at some point, to escape but she didn’t seize the opportunity. They will try to use this against her to say she was complicit, or an accessory, in her boyfriend’s actions. They will try to make her squirm without any regard for her emotional state or condition. She should say nothing at this point as LE will twist anything she says and use it against her. She is only guilty of belligerence in her relationship with her parents, and that is not a crime. LE has no compassion in cases like this. The child is only 14 and just lost both of her parents. She is clearly not responsible and they should leave her alone.
Updated news link...cannot question Kara as you posted..unless parent, guardian or attorney..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051114/ap_on_re_us/parents_slain_abduction;_ylt=Am6VOUBjCPnPBWo_U39mhmSs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

Are their websites still up? If so does anyone have the links? This case is just a horror.

nightowl said:
Are their websites still up? If so does anyone have the links? This case is just a horror.
I followed a link to her myspace earlier today but it's been made private, so you have to be on her friend list to view her site, not sure about xanga or his web pages

joanofarc said:
I read they were out LATE on Saturday night and the girl's parents asked him to come back the next morning to talk about being out past curfew. To the poster above that would mean he came back to the parent's house with a gun....unless the gun was already in the vehicle but I think it was a hand gun used not a hunting rifle....IMO
:doh: I guess I misunderstood. I thought they had been out ALL night and he brought her home and a fight ensued.

what the heck is up with pennsylvania?? does anyone remember the case about a year or 2 ago, near wilkes-barre, where the uncle of a young girl killed the girl's parents & kidnapped her? supposedly he was obsessed with her. i don't remember the media ever giving any follow-up, other than she was found safe.
but in THIS case, you gotta wonder, can't a parent even do their job anymore without getting murdered for it???

i also wonder if this kid's involvement with hunting made it easy to kill someone. not that hunting makes people murderers per se, but i think for the more feeble-minded among us, it makes it all the more easier to cross that line.

how ironic,, they home-schooled their daughter to protect her from the evils of the world and the public school system-- and yet the evil still came to them!

Paradise said:
:doh: I guess I misunderstood. I thought they had been out ALL night and he brought her home and a fight ensued.
Sorry, Paradise it's sounding more on Nancy Grace tonight that perhaps you were right. It was early morning when the parents confronted the couple as they were coming home.

However, the boy was asked to leave Kara's house whereby he left and went & got two guns and went back (that's why premeditation). His home was full of guns as the boy's family collected them.....

The mom was shot in another room. She was found sitting on a chair with a blanket over her legs :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back