GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, based on news info, Nalani was already dead when SN left her in the park. It would have been much easier to carry just Nalani (and not as odd if someone saw SN carrying Nalani), and dump the carseat elsewhere, which makes me think RM had already set in. I am quite sure LEO would have told Nancy being charged with kidnapping was far less of an offense than being charged with murder. I believe she was sticking to her tale of kidnappers, hoping they wouldn't find Nalani for awhile because she knew she was dead.

BBM above. Based on the facts as LEO has relayed them, RM was not possible. They were seen at Kennywood and Nalani was alive prior to SN driving off. There is not enough of a gap for her to die and RM set in, IMO

BBM above. Based on the facts as LEO has relayed them, RM was not possible. They were seen at Kennywood and Nalani was alive prior to SN driving off. There is not enough of a gap for her to die and RM set in, IMO
Is there a video of Nalani at Kennywood, alive? I must have missed LE confirming she was alive and well there. I am sure that is the case, but I was just wondering if there was proof of it yet.

We know that an argument ensued in the vehicle about 5 p.m. and that it was significant enough for Nalani's father and JR to exit the vehicle. Unfortunately, we don't know what the argument was about. MOO
it probably never occurred to them she would drive off with the baby before they could undo the seat belt? JMO

Apparently not. In hindsight, one of them should have stayed put until Nalani was out of the vehicle. :( MOO
Agree, but who would ever expect someone to take off with your child and then leave her deceased at a park like that? To make matters worse, she was brazen enough to come back into town, talking to her husband on the phone, like nothing was amiss. Just a regular day for her. Frightening thought. It makes you wonder how she was when she was on the phone with her husband- did he pick up any signs of distress from her? Did she act unusual or emotional?

NALANI JOHNSON: District attorney addresses question of death penalty in toddler's kidnapping case

District attorney addresses question of death penalty in Nalani Johnson kidnapping case

“When asked if he would pursue the death penalty, Zappala said, "I don't know enough about her. I think the last time we talked, it just -- there's nothing rational about what happened here.”

“The child was, what, 10 days away from her second birthday? I mean, how do you hurt a child that's 2 years old? I don't get that."

https://twitter.com/GabriellaDeLuca/status/1171517607779790848
BUILDING THEIR CASE: Many questions remain, but technology is helping in the investigation into Nalani Johnson’s death. The DA tells @WPXIRickEarle about what has been used so far -- on #WPXI Channel 11 News @ 5. https://on.wpxi.com/300EvX6
EEIRDRtUUAAXi6u.jpg

4:15 PM - 10 Sep 2019

NALANI JOHNSON: Technology helping investigators build case against suspect in toddler's abduction, death 
Many questions remain in the abduction and death of a Penn Hills toddler, but Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala said Tuesday technology is helping investigators build their case against the suspect.

Zappala said various technologies helped authorities track suspect Sharena Nancy and ultimately find the body of Nalani Johnson, who was still strapped in a car seat, in a park in Indiana County Sept. 3.

[...]

I’m struggling to understand how a woman who is essentially a stranger to this poor baby girl could kidnap her, and leave her strapped into her car seat in a park to die...did she think she would be found and everything would be ok??? Or was it her intent for her to never be found???
RIP Nalani
One article quoted the DA stating that it was obvious the killer hoped she would never be found by where her body was located.

This case definitely has me scratching my head in regards to motive...was she that upset/angry about the argument with Nalani’s father that this was her way of getting him back?
Surely there has to be way more to this story

I wonder if she had further plans but was unable to carry them out such as selling the child herself as she accused the father of doing? He started calling her right away and when he stopped, perhaps she feared he had called 911, etc. Maybe she even was with him with an intent to get hi child...?

Or she was in that much of an instant rage, she killed the child to get at him and then as we know, tried to pin the blame on him... The other motive would be flat out jealousy of his child (and often a child's mother/former gf) which is not uncommon sadly but often manifests as abuse rather than murder.

All of these things are incomprehensible to the rest of us but then when do most crimes ever make sense when we try to understand what was in the perp's head..?

Jmo/speculation.

I wonder if she had further plans but was unable to carry them out such as selling the child herself as she accused the father of doing? He started calling her right away and when he stopped, perhaps she feared he had called 911, etc. Maybe she even was with him with an intent to get hi child...?

Or she was in that much of an instant rage, she killed the child to get at him and then as we know, tried to pin the blame on him... The other motive would be flat out jealousy of his child (and often a child's mother/former gf) which is not uncommon sadly but often manifests as abuse rather than murder.

All of these things are incomprehensible to the rest of us but then when do most crimes ever make sense when we try to understand what was in the perp's head..?

Jmo/speculation.

An earlier poster mentioned that she stopped at a couple of Sheetz stores and wondered if SN was maybe looking to meet someone but wasn’t sure which one. A neighbor said SN was desperate for money also.

Hard to even guess at what was going on in this sick woman’s mind.

An earlier poster mentioned that she stopped at a couple of Sheetz stores and wondered if SN was maybe looking to meet someone but wasn’t sure which one. A neighbor said SN was desperate for money also.

Hard to even guess at what was going on in this sick woman’s mind.

A couple of Sheetz stores? I thought it was just the one in Murrysville.

This case definitely has me scratching my head in regards to motive...was she that upset/angry about the argument with Nalani’s father that this was her way of getting him back?
Surely there has to be way more to this story
Couldn’t have said it better, every day I check this thread to see if there’s even a tiny shred of clarity to her actions and what actually went down..

A couple of Sheetz stores? I thought it was just the one in Murrysville.

I misspoke. She was caught on camera only at the Murrysville Sheetz. It was theorized that she may have been trying to stop at other Sheetz stores along the way, since there was others along her route.

Post 525 on Thread 1:

Jethro4WS said:
Well she was seen at the Sheetz in Murrysville around 5:30 (I have seen 5:23 reported). And then she was known to be near Chestnut Ridge Resort (Golf) in or just east of Blairsville. That is about 35 minutes or so and that doesn't really leave any time to be anywhere else but driving to that area. The same is true of when she left the location where this started at around 5PM and getting to the Sheetz in Murrysville.

Whatever happened, it seems it occurred after getting to Blairsville.

I will make this observation. In each of the locations law enforcement gave out - there is a Sheetz. It seems like she was going to each of the Sheetz along the way. While it is true that Sheetz is a big player in the convenience/gas station business and should be expected in those locations there could be something to it. I would like to know if law enforcement has her or the vehicle on camera at the Sheetz in New Alexandria or either of the Sheetz in Blairsville (in town and near Chestnut Ridge Golf Course).

PommyMommy said:
Interesting. It almost seems like she was supposed to meet someone at a Sheetz but had trouble finding the right one? MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back