PA - Penn State student dies after fall into trash chute, 10 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s difficult to accidentally enter a trash chute. Hallucinations - the terrifying, panic-inducing ones - would explain it. JMO as someone who attended a few Phish concerts back in the day - seems so quaint compared to today’s substances.

I made a lot of Widespread Panic runs years ago and still will but I’ve never known of anything like this. Her tox came back as pot and booze, nothing hidden in there. I don’t see how anybody accidentally falls into one of these.

People get too intoxicated and do objectively deadly things all the time it's just over 9,000x more likely to be driving a car than it is to be jumping down a trash chute so a story like this gains a lot more traction. Bottom line is that people should do a better job of looking after other people.

“State College police later showed [the mother] a sequence of surveillance videos in which Justine is first seen entering /the seventh-floor apartment. She is seen leaving about 40 minutes later with a man, walking unsteadily with a water bottle and rubbing her face.

The video next shows Justine and the man on the 10th floor. But instead of dropping Justine off at her apartment, the man leaves her in the hallway. The video sequence next shows Justine on the 11th floor, barefoot and alone as she rushes into the chute room and is not seen again, according to the mother.”

Police rule out foul play in death of N.J. college student who fell down trash chute

“Justine’s flip-flops, cell phone and wallet with all her credit cards were later found on the stairwell, which the mother thinks suggests that her daughter was being chased.

Adding to the mystery is a text that Justine sent to her room mate at 11:22 p.m., just minutes before the plunge down the chute. “Something just happened,” Justine wrote.”

Police rule out foul play in death of N.J. college student who fell down trash chute

So she’s in the hallway/stairwell, texts a friend, sets down/removes wallet & shoes, respectively, then rushes into the chute room?

I'm trying to think of what would cause her to "rush" into the chute room. Where is the chute room in relation to the nearest toilet? Could she have needed to vomit? "Walking unsteadily" could indicate a high level of alcohol intoxication.

I'm trying to think of what would cause her to "rush" into the chute room. Where is the chute room in relation to the nearest toilet? Could she have needed to vomit? "Walking unsteadily" could indicate a high level of alcohol intoxication.
Sham, I just don't know? Why text her roomier? Why'd the guy not walk her all the way?

Heartbreaking.

"Francoise was told by the coroner’s office that tissue samples taken from her daughter’s liver showed traces of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, and an “elevated” level of alcohol. She and Justine’s father asked for a copy of the report, but were told it would cost them $700."

What in the world???
Charging the victims $700 for a tox report?
Sorry, but I do not feel very confident in this "investigation." Sounds highly suspicious to me. I feel so bad for the parents.

"Francoise was told by the coroner’s office that tissue samples taken from her daughter’s liver showed traces of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, and an “elevated” level of alcohol. She and Justine’s father asked for a copy of the report, but were told it would cost them $700."

What in the world???
Charging the victims $700 for a tox report?
Sorry, but I do not feel very confident in this "investigation." Sounds highly suspicious to me. I feel so bad for the parents.

I agree. Something just seems off. The tox also said “trace amounts” of THC. Even at Olympic sized doses, pot doesn’t make people jump from high places. Even that amount of booze doesn’t sound like a major cause for concern either. I mentioned above about this Dixie mafia connection and wondering just how far they can track this guy back that confessed. I’m suspicious that he could be repeating jailhouse legends.
NC also wrapped up the Outlaws Murder mystery in Charlotte without much explanation and I wish we had a thread on that one as I have some observati9ns.

Please disregard my probably confusing post above. Half of it is related to a completely separate case and I don’t know where my mind was. I’m sorry for that.

Please disregard my probably confusing post above. Half of it is related to a completely separate case and I don’t know where my mind was. I’m sorry for that.

Oh, I was a bit confused by parts of the post, but I figured I hadn't caught up totally on the case and the Dixie mafia part was something I just hadn't read about. But makes more sense that it's unrelated. :)

Oh, I was a bit confused by parts of the post, but I figured I hadn't caught up totally on the case and the Dixie mafia part was something I just hadn't read about. But makes more sense that it's unrelated. :)

I didn’t even notice when I reread before posting and when @SH.87221B posted above, I read a few comments back to refresh and confused myself. I’ve done this before on here. I guess it’s good that I’m not a real investigator handling cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back