Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57 #2 - Joseph Augustus Zarelli

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for being the party pooper, but, fellow sleuths, why are you posting info and obituaries about people who have not been named as Joseph's parents? Just because you feel it's them, you shouldn't post these details at this point. I get it, it's probably them, but it's way too early to keep adding this info.

SSN was not required until you started work back then.
SSNs for newborns were required sometime starting in the 1990s if you wanted to claim the child on your tax return as a dependent.

Philadelphia police identify child known as the 'Boy in the Box' as Joseph Augustus Zarelli​

Joseph Augustus Zarelli was born on January 13, 1953, and is believed to be from West Philadelphia.

Last week there was a statement that this case was connected to a "prominent" family-anyone locally who can detail or confirm this?
I don't see anything that leads me to think that Zarelli is or was a prominent family (but could be wrong), so perhaps it's the other parent that was from a prominent family.

You can do alot with an exact birthdate.
Sorry, I don't subscribe to paid sources.
And it looks like PA doesn't have birth certificate info in my "free" source.
But I do enough genealogy to know that you can get alot of info with an exact birthdate.

However, I wonder if authorities may have the right to "remove" vital stats records from public databases?
I keep hearing these ads on the radio for a service that removes them from public databases.

Sorry- I forgot this bit of info- was the father on the birth certificate, or found through DNA? If it's the latter I have a theory, if not I'm stumped
The mother was found through DNA; the father’s identity was found on the birth certificate after subpoena of all birth certificates in that time frame with her listed as the mother. (One of the siblings on the father’s side confirmed with DNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue