Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't followed this case closely, but it haunts me. Has anyone ever done an age-progressed image of him? It might help identify siblings? I realize that's something of a long-shot and may not be doable, but I've noticed a lot of people tend to look like their parents or siblings as they age, and it might be worth a shot.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/inve...-370843191.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

New Theory in Decades-Old 'Boy in the Box' Cold Case

The two authors – one from Los Angeles, and another from outside New York, say they believe they’ve traced the boy’s family to Memphis, Tennessee and need his DNA to prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh, I pray this leads somewhere.

I will never understand all the throw away children and adults in this world. So very sad.

Oh gosh, I pray this leads somewhere.

I will never understand all the throw away children and adults in this world. So very sad.

If you watch the video; LE says they can't use the DNA sample, they need to get their own. I am clueless why the brothers didn't enter the boy in NamUs to get the sample that way. Philly LE say they have never cases they have to work 1st and don't know if they're going to chase this lead

If you watch the video; LE says they can't use the DNA sample, they need to get their own. I am clueless why the brothers didn't enter the boy in NamUs to get the sample that way. Philly LE say they have never cases they have to work 1st and don't know if they're going to chase this lead

I was on my laptop and unable to hear the video, so, I read the article.
I just watched the video and it doesn't all match up.
I don't know what to think, though I want to throw poo on someone in Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! This is my first post and this boy has haunted me since I first heard about him last year. I've spent the last two days reading through this thread and I must say it's awesome that there are so many people who care about this boy. I pray that one day his identity will be known. Suzanne, your dedication to this boy is inspiring. I would like to address a comment that was made several years ago about the shape of the back of his head. It's possible it was completely normal and not due to his beating. My eldest son had a similar shape to the back of his head when he was younger. You couldn't tell when his hair was long, but when it was very short, like our boy, it was very pronounced. Now that he is older, his skull has stretched enough that he has no protrusions anymore.

Stories about unidentified bodies years, even decades, after they were found always haunt, disgust and terrify me. Ones about children just send a chill down my spine. I really hope he'll be identified sometime. It's unlikely his parents (and possible perpetrators) are no longer around, but maybe his siblings or even nephews and nieces might be. This just makes me want to cry.

Hello! This is my first post and this boy has haunted me since I first heard about him last year. I've spent the last two days reading through this thread and I must say it's awesome that there are so many people who care about this boy. I pray that one day his identity will be known. Suzanne, your dedication to this boy is inspiring. I would like to address a comment that was made several years ago about the shape of the back of his head. It's possible it was completely normal and not due to his beating. My eldest son had a similar shape to the back of his head when he was younger. You couldn't tell when his hair was long, but when it was very short, like our boy, it was very pronounced. Now that he is older, his skull has stretched enough that he has no protrusions anymore.

Welcome to Websleuths MrsLynnlee. :greetings:

I'm happy your here and your explanation about the back of his head is interesting and quite plausible.

:fireworks: :wagon: :fireworks:

:great:

Yes.I'm looking for maybe one of his siblings still looking for him.Possibly adopted out or someone said he was adopted out.

Yes.I'm looking for maybe one of his siblings still looking for him.Possibly adopted out or someone said he was adopted out.

Ms Suzanne, I think doing an age progression on him may help and jog someones memory of a sibling somewhere.
I do believe that is what LE is aiming for, long lost siblings who once had a brother and he went poof, never to be seen again.

Foster homes, adoption and/or he was sold to someone.

What a shame not being wanted or loved, it's just horrible and heartbreaking. He deserved so much more than what he got.

There is someone out there who knows and are probably alive, at least we can hope. There is always hope.

I think an age progression would be fabulous. I wonder if CMEC would do one since they just released the new sketch of the boy. There is another company that does them as well. They did the Madeleine McCann age progression, but you have to pay to have it done.

I please need help to see if they are looking into this lead I turned in to NAMUS and the Philadelphia Police Department tip line.NAMUS emailed me she did forward it to the medical examiner and it is up to him to look into it further.I just please need help pushing this lead with the the police and medical examiner.
I turned them in over a month ago.This is a lead for the boy in the box (Unidentified little boy found on February 25th 1957) with a Thomas Paul Watkins.I do think it is a very good lead.I want to know if it's being ruled in or out or if they are even looking at it.----Adoptee Birth Date: 11-9-1953
Adoptee Gender: Male
Adoptee Birth Race: Caucasion
Name given to Adoptee by Birth Parents: Thomas Paul Watkins
Adoptee Birth City: Carlisle, PA
Adoptee Birth County: Cumberland County
Adoptee Birth State: Pennsylvania
Adoptee Birth Country: USA
Adoptee Birth Mothers Name: Betty Watkins
Adoptee Birth Mothers Maiden Name: Shrum
Adoptee Birth Mothers Race: Caucasion
Adoptee Birth Fathers Name: Fred Watkins
Adoptee Birth Fathers Race: Caucasion
Adoptee Birth Hospital: Carlisle Hospital
Adoption Agency or Attorney: Cumberland Court House
Age of Adoptee when Adopted: Around 4 years old ?
Name given to Adoptee by Adoptive Parents: ?
City adoption took place: Carlisle, PA
County adoption took place: Cumberland County
State adoption took place: Pennsylvania
Country Adoption took place: USA
Adoptive Mothers Name: ?
Adoptive Mothers Maiden Name: ?
Adoptive Fathers Name: ?
Searching For: Adoptee, Birth Brothers
All Other Information: Searching for two birth brothers. this is the oldest one birth family of 6 children. Two were adopted out and the others went to foster care. This happened around ?-?-1957. It is my understanding that this birth brother lives in Carlisle but not sure.
Date Received: 12-24-2015
Date Posted: 12-24-2015
Last Updated: 12-24-2015

Ms. suzanne,
I know you have been the one to study the boys case and really be the his earth angel.what do you think of this new lead
Does this mean the ohio womans story might be true

Hi Thank You.I do not believe the Ohio woman at all.They really did already rule her story out as another dead end.If I may please say off the record and in my honest oppinion and with no disrespect to anyone.No I really do not think this other new lead will pan out.It just doesn't add up.They should do the DNA on this to rule it in or out.
Ms. suzanne,
I know you have been the one to study the boys case and really be the his earth angel.what do you think of this new lead
Does this mean the ohio womans story might be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member