Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel someone tried to put him and the box in the woods just a little bit and in a hurry. I don't think anyone would have thought the box was out of place or anything or looked suspicious.The box was apparently with other garbage and in a place the locals used as a sort dump site.

What I feel happened is our boy was put in the truck of a car with the blanket around him. There was motor oil on one part of the blanket. I feel they brought him out concealed in the blanket and brought to the back of the car trunk.Then went back in to the house or somewhere else to get the box.Not far from where the bassinet was bought.I don't think the box fit in the trunk.I think it might have been put in the back seat of the car.Just like what the cold case show thought happened. They? took a long ride from around where the box was bought or the closet I think would be St Vincent's Tacony.Not far from where he was found.But I was thinking our boy was from St John's Orphanage.Not far from where the bassinet was bought.But I don't know where they would have gotten the box.A dumpster near there?A church or a near by neighborhood?They did not take in babies.There was only one orphanage that took in babies and children.The Lutheran home for orphans and aged.But it wasn't close to any of the clues found at all.

Can people please call and find out what's going on in his case.I feel if enough people call and keep calling we will find out some answers for this little boy. I think they need to share more of the information they have to find out who our boy is.This has gone on way too long.I feel they need to keep people updated on what's going on again.Maybe use the america unknown child website to do so.Do more newspaper articles ect...to try and generate more leads.I believe the answers are out there.They need to please start doing something again to help find out who he his.At least do SOMETHING.This makes me very sad for him.

I hadn't seen the photos before and they are quite interesting. I agree with wondering why the box was pretty much left out in the open when there were thicker wooded areas nearby. It's a brazen move on the abuser's part. Could they have felt confident because they knew that no one ever cleaned up the debris right there. Or were they driving towards the woods but got nervous for some reason and decided to get rid of the body quickly. Was the vehicle driving towards or away from the Good Shepard School?

This is what makes me think that it was not the killer that left them there. To me the killer would have buried him somewhere or hidden him. But it seems to me that someone wanted him found and thought maybe in some way it would help them in their own hell too..

I always hope that some missing child will pop up that fits his description.

Has anyone ever concentrated on missing teen girls or women that would have been missing when he was born? Maybe she ran away pregnant and lived on the sly with the dad?

I have always wondered if there is a woman out there that is connected. A body, missing, something.

I've looked at all of these,Missing women,missing dad's,missing siblings,missing family,Missing large family,missing boy ect....Even up to when he was born.I've looked for if he was put up for adoption at any time.Adoption registries,moms,dads,siblings looking for their brother or son ect...I have looked every where to find out who this sweet little boy is.I will continue to look.I won't quit looking to find him his real name and put his real name on his grave.I promised him that.I'm still alive.I can do that for him.I have emailed and called many times in the years,turning my leads in to LE and through other people. writing my leads here and else where.I have never heard anything back from any one.

I wrote awhile back that I read somewhere there was a man who committed suicide? and found in another field near where our boy was found.I believe it was a few months before our boy was found.The boy that found our boy first John Powroznik brother found that man.I found it very interesting two people from one family found two people in that area Dead.If any one finds out more about this and who that man was please tell me?I'm very interested in that.

https://books.google.com/books?id=F...&q=John Powroznik The boy in the box&f=false

from America's Unknown
child's website.

John Powroznik - an 18-year-old youth who told police that he had discovered the body of the murdered boy in Fox Chase on the weekend of February 22-23, 1957, but was afraid to tell anyone about it. John Powroznik's home was located on Pine road near Susquehanna road, a short distance from the spot where police found the boy's body. Powroznik told detectives that on either Saturday, February 23, or Sunday, February 24, he sighted the box, with the body, while returning home from a basketball game. Powroznik was not sure of the day but said it was drizzling at the time (the Weather Bureau reported a light rain about 1 P.M. on Saturday.) Powroznik was so horrified and frightened by what he had seen that he ran home and said nothing about it to his parents. Powroznik claimed ownership of a number of muskrat traps in the vicinity.

Yes, That is why I did not say it was him. But rather this. A child taken from another state and then kept for awhile, rather than a child from Philly.

I wrote awhile back that I read somewhere there was a man who committed suicide? and found in another field near where our boy was found.I believe it was a few months before our boy was found.The boy that found our boy first John Powroznik brother found that man.I found it very interesting two people from one family found two people in that area Dead.If any one finds out more about this and who that man was please tell me?I'm very interested in that.

from America's Unknown
child's website.

John Powroznik - an 18-year-old youth who told police that he had discovered the body of the murdered boy in Fox Chase on the weekend of February 22-23, 1957, but was afraid to tell anyone about it. John Powroznik's home was located on Pine road near Susquehanna road, a short distance from the spot where police found the boy's body. Powroznik told detectives that on either Saturday, February 23, or Sunday, February 24, he sighted the box, with the body, while returning home from a basketball game. Powroznik was not sure of the day but said it was drizzling at the time (the Weather Bureau reported a light rain about 1 P.M. on Saturday.) Powroznik was so horrified and frightened by what he had seen that he ran home and said nothing about it to his parents. Powroznik claimed ownership of a number of muskrat traps in the vicinity.
Ok.I found what I was looking for.Who was this man?
https://books.google.com/books?id=F...&q=John Powroznik The boy in the box&f=false

For me the thing that keeps me from staying on the unidentified cases is that it is just so heartbreaking that these people were just lost and no one seemed to come looking for them too hard.

I wish there was something new in this case.

I've just today heard about and caught up with this thread as much as I can. Reading this has broken my heart, thinking that for all these years this gorgeous little boy still has no identity.

I find his age very confusing though. From the front, he looks much older than estimated yet from the side he looks almost like a toddler.

I've just today heard about and caught up with this thread as much as I can. Reading this has broken my heart, thinking that for all these years this gorgeous little boy still has no identity.

I find his age very confusing though. From the front, he looks much older than estimated yet from the side he looks almost like a toddler.

I just wanted to say Welcome.I'm glad your here with us.

I still feel there is a small chance my folks knew who this poor boy belonged to. They rented out our small row-home to some out-of-towners who took off right at the same time the boy was found. Though my folks DID call the authorities, and they did come out, I feel they may have not completed a thorough investigation. My folks both died long ago, and both thought (mostly my mother) that the ball was dropped. It might not be a high percentage that they were right, but I feel it is worth it to turn every stone over. Things have gone as far as this: I tracked down the family that DID rent from us (after 14 years, they're from the deep south) and someone who believed my family's suspicions went on his own dime, and got DNA from a POSSIBLE relation to the boy from the family that rented from us. The PPD doesn't seemed able to use this un-professional retrieved DNA. They know about the family I think, but everything seems at a stand still. I don't feel it's a strong enough chance, or case, for me to make noise and push the PPD, but it is frustrating to be so close but so far! You can check back using "Rutt" filtered - if you wanna see more of my details over the past 2 or 3 years here on this site.

May God's will be done, not mine. I trust in the Lord and I know our boy is with Him!

Rutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member