PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No real news on the anniversary, but I didn't expect too much.

The review board might yield some results.

There is a new blog up on the May 27, 2005 sighting of Mr. Gricar in Southfield, MI. It does not contain any new details from the witnesses, though there was not a lot of commentary on the sighting; it may be new to you (it was to me).

The is some new information on the setting.

I've posted new odds for anyone that is interested:

Voluntary Departure (Walkaway): 50% likely. +2

Victim of Foul Play (Primarily Murder): 41% likely. -1

Suicide: 8% likely. -1

Something else: 1% likely.

It was some of the circumstances around the Southfield, MI sighting.

There is a blog up on the legacy of Mr. Gricar as district attorney. I thought some of might like it.

There is no info yet on gender, approx age, or ethnicity

Could this be Ray?

Newport PA is 65 miles from Bellefonte PA (connected almost entirely by Hwy 322).

http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap?articleID=5306561

Here is another article:

http://www.pennlive.com/perry-count...e_investigation_on_roue_322_near_newport.html

Probably not. It is about a 45 mile drive from his car, and in the opposite direction from where the 4/18 witnesses reported seeing him.

The body was found on the westbound side, so it likely to have been someone driving from the east.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/09/authorities_find_human_skeleta.html

It isn't near the river either.

Still, it is one I'm keeping an eye on; I keep an eye on all of them.

There is no info yet on gender, approx age, or ethnicity

Could this be Ray?

Newport PA is 65 miles from Bellefonte PA (connected almost entirely by Hwy 322).

http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap?articleID=5306561

Here is another article:

http://www.pennlive.com/perry-count...e_investigation_on_roue_322_near_newport.html

Some of the comments on the previously cited story indicated that LE "thinks" it was a woman and possibly 3-4 weeks old.

The link is here: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...ities_find_human_skeleta/3032/comments-2.html

That would rule out RFG, if correct.

Is it true that his first wife was with him when he disappeared and went to a ballgame in ohio without telling anyone?
Did his first wife also take a lie dectector test with the questions asking her if she helped him go away, or did she know he was going to go away, or did she have any reason to know why he left?
Just what was the reason they divorced in the first place?
Was it the same reason he divorced his second wife?
Why won't his second wife talk about him until he is found?
What does she know about him that could be hurtful to him?

What kind of setup did he and his first wife have when it got down to how to care for his adopted daughter should something happen to him? How did that change after they divorced?

I guess what I'm getting at here is, if he put money away in a different name from let's say twenty yrs. ago thinking he may need that in the future for some reason and he knew he was going to do this leaving thing in the future wouldn't he also know that if he wasn't found , he would be considered legally dead in 7 yrs. and his daughter would automaticly get his retirement and any monies he left behind.

On everything I've read so far he seems like he was a womanizer to some extent, is that true? Did he like to ride horses, was he a cowboy tpye of person? Just trying to figure out what type of guy he really was.

I've always wondered if he didn't get caught up in some online scam, in which a woman lures a man to meet her somewhere, and then robs/murders the man.....and/or......if he met someone online and split to start a new life elsewhere..............??

p.s. I think Ray's computer hard drive in the river is key in this investigation.........of course, I'm stating the obvious, right?

Yes that looks like the obvious alright! So, just what do you think could be on that hard drive?

I just wonder if perhaps (a) the computer's hard drive contained info about stuff Ray was involved in that he shouldn't have been and so he trashed it or
(b) it contained things that might have incriminated a possible perpetrator in his disappearance. Without knowing him, I just can't tell if he was someone who might respond to an ad for a "female companion" or -- if he was someone who was just tired of his life and ended it or left for new horizons.

I read a story once of a successful lawyer with a lovely family who responded to one of those ads -- he disappeared and they found him murdered. The murderer was a woman who enticed him to another locale for an illicit liason, then, along with an accomplice (her boyfriend) robbed and murdered him. Family and community members were shocked the nice family man would ever engage in such behavior

The Cleveland trip was real. A close friend, Sloane, confirmed it. It was while he was with wife #2. He didn't tell her, or anyone at the office; he was gone for about a day and a half.

The first wife, Barbara Gray, was cooperative. She didn't object to a polygraph, but LE didn't give her one. #2 (I'm withholding her name), said she hadn't heard from RFG since the divorce and will only talk after the case is solved.

The breakup with Gray was civil, in part because she was his daughter's mother. From what I've gathered, the second divorce was not. I've heard two separate reasons for the breakup, and I'd prefer not to post either.

What kind of setup did he and his first wife have when it got down to how to care for his adopted daughter should something happen to him? How did that change after they divorced?

Lara lived with her mother. Gray was the principle wage earner at the time. RFG was a part time DA.

I guess what I'm getting at here is, if he put money away in a different name from let's say twenty yrs. ago thinking he may need that in the future for some reason and he knew he was going to do this leaving thing in the future wouldn't he also know that if he wasn't found , he would be considered legally dead in 7 yrs. and his daughter would automaticly get his retirement and any monies he left behind.

That would depend on his will, but he had joint accounts with her for slightly more than $100 K. It is assumed that she'd get his pension (in excess of $300 K).

You don't have to wait 7 years; the family could file tomorrow.

On everything I've read so far he seems like he was a womanizer to some extent, is that true? Did he like to ride horses, was he a cowboy tpye of person? Just trying to figure out what type of guy he really was.

No horses, but there were numerous rumors of him not being celibate. One of the witnesses in Lewisburg believed he was there with a woman.

Montour County DA Bob Buehner, how also knew RFG well, and in unofficial settings, actually suggested checking area motels for female registrants. Buehner thinks it was murder. That a relatively close friend, who knew RFG in social settings, and who thinks it's murder says that tells you something.

Yes that looks like the obvious alright! So, just what do you think could be on that hard drive?

Maybe not. He talked to people a year or more prior to disappearing about how to destroy the data on a computer, and he didn't have a desk top at the time.

The was something on his hard drive that he never wanted to see the light of day. It might have been something as innocent as his credit card number. It may not be related to his disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces