PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it now, since I did a blog on it. I thought the show was too incredibly biased toward walkaway.

JJ, I have been reading the other threads but everyine stopped posting. Where is everyone posting now? TIA

JJ, I have been reading the other threads but everyine stopped posting. Where is everyone posting now? TIA

On this site, this is it.

One other site, if you are are interested in people constantly posting "It must be murder." It's kind of the flip side of the NG show, but without evidence.

I actually had one person tonight, that was someone who insisted that the police didn't find anything wrong in Mr. Gricar's finances after this was posted:

According to Tony Gricar, the one thing that never made sense to police was his uncle's financial situation.

"He was making a fair amount of money; but, at least from a forensic accounting standpoint, the thought is there that there should have been more cash," he said.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/25/ca...affles-police/

New article, with some new information, that was related to previous topics:

According to Tony Gricar, the one thing that never made sense to police was his uncle's financial situation.

"He was making a fair amount of money; but, at least from a forensic accounting standpoint, the thought is there that there should have been more cash," he said. "But, for somebody from his generation, which [preferred to] deal in cash, what is the appropriate amount that should be sitting in an account?"

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/25/case-of-missing-pa-district-attorney-ray-gricar-baffles-police/

From what I have hear, directly from people who knew RFG, he used his credit card for most purchases.
From the article you posted. I forgot all about this.
In May 1996, Roy J. Gricar -- Ray Gricar's brother and Tony Gricar's dad -- disappeared in Dayton, Ohio. His car was found abandoned across the street from the office where his son worked. A search of the area was conducted, but authorities found no trace of Roy Gricar.

Tony Gricar admits the similarities between his dad's case and that of his uncle are eerie.

This is eerie...

"When we got the phone call our uncle was missing, we headed down," he said. "When we got there it was exactly the same scenario in terms of proximity of the vehicles to the water. Geographically speaking, it was identical. It was, in fact, a mirror opposite as far as what side of the bridge the car was found."

You nailed it on the finances, J.J. in Phila.

Just some notes to remember:

According to this article the laptop was located in the river lodged against a support under the bridge. The laptop, while obviously severely damaged by exposure to the water, was complete--minus the hard drive.

Two months after Gricar's laptop was recovered, the hard drive was located. It was near a railroad bridge, about a half a mile from the parking lot where Gricar's Mini Cooper was recovered.

In April 2009, investigators revealed that context of Internet searches from Gricar's home computer reflect various ways of destroying computer hard drives in the weeks leading up to Gricar's disappearance.

Question: Did the shared home computer require no password or was a password required and whose password was used?

Question: Did the shared home computer require no password or was a password required and whose password was used?

To the specific password question, that has never been released.

The police however, did release that they occurred within the 30 days prior to his disappearance; that would mean they had the times of the searches.

In that period, RFG had been going home for naps. I'm guessing a bit, but LE could have looked at the times and matched them to a point when RFG was home alone.

From the article you posted. I forgot all about this.
In May 1996, Roy J. Gricar -- Ray Gricar's brother and Tony Gricar's dad -- disappeared in Dayton, Ohio. His car was found abandoned across the street from the office where his son worked. A search of the area was conducted, but authorities found no trace of Roy Gricar.

Tony Gricar admits the similarities between his dad's case and that of his uncle are eerie.

This is eerie...

"When we got the phone call our uncle was missing, we headed down," he said. "When we got there it was exactly the same scenario in terms of proximity of the vehicles to the water. Geographically speaking, it was identical. It was, in fact, a mirror opposite as far as what side of the bridge the car was found."

His "mirror image" comment is new, but there are some notable differences, including a third bridge at the Ohio site.

Lewisburg has more than one bridge, a river, and the car was in a parking lot; those are the similarities.

You nailed it on the finances, J.J. in Phila.

It doesn't tell us how much money there "should" be.

Even if we found out there was a lot of unaccounted for assets it would not prove that RFG walked away. It would strengthen voluntary departure a bit, but not a lot.

The Mini was put in PEF's name. RFG said that was to protect it in case he was sued. It is possible, though a bit unlikely, that he was sheltering assets someplace for that reason. That could be the reason for unaccounted for assets.

It is enough to add some weight to the possibility of voluntary departure, but not a lot of weight.

To any Police Officer or someone in the know with connections such as a PI who may be reading. Can you check from PA into another state with plate# which would give description of car and owners name and address etc.? Is there a way for a citizen to do this? This would have to go back years or present.

To any Police Officer or someone in the know with connections such as a PI who may be reading. Can you check from PA into another state with plate# which would give description of car and owners name and address etc.? Is there a way for a citizen to do this? This would have to go back years or present.

I really wanted someone on the QT

Car purchases in Pennsylvania are registered with the state.

While the general public does not have access, LE does. It has been suggested.

JJ, I am referring to (not PA) an out of state registration.

In the state, yes and I'd guess the police in PA could access each state's records.

The question would be, how could RFG disappear in Lewisburg, but buy a car in another state?

I am interested, however, in where you are going with it. Are you seeing something I'm not?

JJ, In reference to post #392
Going nowhere, just askng if they checked other states like Vermont where he vacationed (IIRC) or surrounding New England States.

I do enjoy your wording on certain questions and statements in your blog and other threads. You have insight. Brings a smile to my face.

Do you know if PF still owns the mini cooper? If not, did she trade it in or a private sale?
I would ask what color the PA state plates are but I will google just to send a certain few into shock. lol

Going nowhere, just askng if they checked other states like Vermont where he vacationed (IIRC) or surrounding New England States.

I do enjoy your wording on certain questions and statements in your blog and other threads. You have insight. Brings a smile to my face.

Do you know if PF still owns the mini cooper? If not, did she trade it in or a private sale?
I would ask what color the PA state plates are but I will google just to send a certain few into shock. lol
I'm confused by your last sentence, jamesdoe. Aren't there more than one version of PA plates?
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/license_plates/index.shtml

I think that would be accessible by the local police. One problem is, what if RFG was using a different name? If he were to buy a car under the name of John Doe (your brother), it wouldn't show up.

Thanks, but shortly after the case is solved beyond a reasonable doubt, the blog will vanish.

I don't know, but I do know she had a car of her own.

Blue on the top, white in the center, yellow (tannish) on the bottom. The plate on the Mini was PFO

I still read here quite often...but don't post much because I don't have much to add.

This case has always intrigued me and I would love to know what happened to RG. What could have been his reasons for walking away....and if he met foul play, who could have benefited from his demise? It seems very unlikely to me that he would harm himself, primarily because of the computer and hard drive discoveries.

Wow, I just watched Haunting Evidence regarding Ray Gricar. I was always 50/50 foul play or walkaway with the family alerted after a certain time. Now, I believe it is foul play. I have always been open minded to the paranormal. The only thing that bothers me is they have yet to find his body even with the leads given. Considering the way this case has been handled which is very strange to me did they investigate that shipping business? They should search for blood in every bay area!

Now I understand the posts from certain other posters. What the heck is going on. eek: JMO

I still read here quite often...but don't post much because I don't have much to add.

This case has always intrigued me and I would love to know what happened to RG. What could have been his reasons for walking away....and if he met foul play, who could have benefited from his demise? It seems very unlikely to me that he would harm himself, primarily because of the computer and hard drive discoveries.

In terms of monetary benefit, no one. RFG is, legally, still alive. His daughter could not inherit. She was already on the accounts, so on 4/14/05, she had about the same level of assets. The Mini was in PEF's name, solely, and while RFG paid off her mortgage, the house was always in her name. He may have paid some of her other bills, so his disappearance might have hurt her financially.

The "big drug case?" Neither RFG nor the DA's Office was handling the case; the State AG's office was. The main defendant was in jail.

A murder case (shaken baby)? At the time, RFG disappeared, the trial had not been scheduled and he said he wouldn't be able to argue the case in October. The case hadn't even gone to the point where there would be a hearing where to see if the charges would hold; the hearing was actually delayed because RFG disappeared. When it did, the judge dismissed the the death penalty part; the case was later resolved with a manslaughter conviction and time served as a penalty. The hearing was actually delayed be

Basically, nobody benefits from killing RFG and not finding the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck