PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dmvpenn said:
Also, given that another Dogde truck was stolen off of south street, in all likelihood it is not Richard's.
Was there definitely another?

In the video, they mentioned a truck missing from South Street but then said "hopefully it's not that truck" (or something similar). If that was merely a stolen vehicle, I don't think that they would be hoping it wasn't that truck. I got the impression that they were talking about Richard's truck and hoping it wasn't his for the obvious reasons.

Folks,

I need some email power. I just learned on the radio that the aforementioned water search will not commence until next saturday due to weather conditions. I think this is just absurd.

If anyone feels comfortable, please email the police and Feds and demand that the search resume immediately. Truth be told, the police have claimed that they had conduct extensive water searches for Richard's truck in the past. I say, if it was so dang extensive, how is is that they over looked a KNOWN Spot for car dumping and did not find all of these other vehicles months ago. I can tell you, I don't think they did any extensive searches and the earlier stages of this investigation have hinder a ton of progress.

It is nothing sort of torture of us to have to wait a week to learn if this is Richard's truck.

dmv

Police denied reports yesterday that a crew was dredging the Delaware River in search of a vehicle belonging to Richard Petrone Jr., who with his girlfriend disappeared from the vicinity of a Philadelphia bar six months ago.

Nine vehicles were pulled out of the river yesterday, police said. Three to five remained in the murky water, but police said none was known to be a Dodge Dakota.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/12503313.htm

I live in Philadelphia and have frequented both the restaurant and area (South Street) this couple went missing from. For those of you unfamiliar with this area, it is a particularly crowded "in-place" comparable to "The Village" in New York City. The restaurant is somewhere around 5th and South Streets, not too distant to the Delaware River. It is possible that after departing the restaurant, the driver accidentally or purposely drove the car into the Delaware River. :twocents: :twocents:

JerseyGirl said:
CBS 3: Couple Missing For Weeks

Couple Missing For Weeks

Mar 3, 2005 9:46 am US/Eastern
PHILADELPHIA (AP) Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a couple whose families said disappeared more than a week ago.

Richard Petrone, 35, of South Philadelphia, and his girlfriend, Danielle Imbo, 34, of Mount Laurel, N.J., were last seen Feb. 19 as they got into Petrone’s truck on South Street after leaving the Abilene bar and restaurant, Philadelphia police Chief Inspector Joseph Fox said Wednesday.

Airport parking lots, bus facilities, railroad stations and hospitals have been searched and there has been no activity on either Petrone’s or Imbo’s credit cards or cell phones, Fox said.

Investigators also have not located Petrone’s black 2001 Dodge Dakota truck, with Pennsylvania tags YFH-2319.

Anyone with information is asked to call police.

EFYV said:
I live in Philadelphia and have frequented both the restaurant and area (South Street) this couple went missing from. For those of you unfamiliar with this area, it is a particularly crowded "in-place" comparable to "The Village" in New York City. The restaurant is somewhere around 5th and South Streets, not too distant to the Delaware River. It is possible that after departing the restaurant, the driver accidentally or purposely drove the car into the Delaware River. :twocents: :twocents:
It's true that you can drive the car into the river but I can't think of anyplace near the river that doesn't have some sort of fence or guard-rail or something that would take damage, making it obvious that a car went in. There might be some spot like that but I can't think of any.

IT IS Absolutely impossible that this was the situation, for more reasons then one. I have lived in Philadelphia all my life. If you survey any point, any access point to water, it is evident that there is NO WAY the driver, my cousin, drove into the river. There would have been evidence that along any of these points that truck went into the river. The path too and from the delawre have been search by independent search efforts and some to include the police.

I am a very practical person, and everything in my mind is a consideration in seeking the truth. That said, Richard had no motive or incentive to drive into the river. He was not that in love or obbessed with this girl, truth be told. Richard did not have emotional problems and was not violent.

The person that did this, knew where danielle was, had planned disposal of the the vehicle with the help of people who know how to get rid of cars. The car my friend, is an ash tray or a tiny piece of medal some where.

EFYV said:

Hey Jersey Girl,

Where have you been? Hoping you are ok and just settling the kids into school. I want to talk with about a structuring a march to washington that would include other groups and orgs that advocate for the missing.

Let me know when you can come up for air. :croc:

dmv

I'm here, dmv. No school until the 6th. So we're just enjoying our last week of summer together. Let me know what your plans are - I'm definitely interested. I'm going to be working on the upcoming governor's campaign but it most likely won't be 7 days a week for me this year, (I did that during the presidential campaign, and it was a bit exhausting). But even if I do go 7 days a week, I can take a day off here and there if and when you need me to.

JG,

Ok sweat pea... here is the deal, I will be traveling over the next week. I just found out I need to be in NY till next sat. Yuk. In any event, I will outline the structure of what I want to accomplish. I will get some legal help to address the law and what I am demanding!

take care.. have a great holiday

Old article explains why they searched the river in the first place:

CourierPostOnline - South Jersey's Web Site

... An insurance company on Saturday had divers searching for cars in the river off the Kensington section of Philadelphia, FBI spokeswoman Jerri Williams said.

They found several, and rumors circulated for most of the day Sunday that one of them resembled a black 2001 Dodge Dakota in which Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone, a Philadelphia resident, were last seen.

"It's a false alarm. It's all unfounded," Williams said Sunday night. "There apparently was no car that was even similar to the missing vehicle."

JG,

Thanks for updating for me. Still now real progress to report on our end.:furious:

But I believe we are going to see some TV exposure soon. Hopefully, a stool pigieon will turn in a rat and we can start connecting the dots.

take care:)

hiya JG! How is my buddy doing?

Yeah still nothing. :banghead: like I said, we need a stool pigion hemerage the truth. But Richard and Danielle, no doubt are in heaven. Maybe someday they will be able to make the sign to us more obvious.

How is life treating you?

Life's been okay, DMV. Nothing outstanding going on but nothing bad either.

How are you? Anything going on with the case media-wise?

I just heard something about the case taking a dramatic turn on my local news. The story will be coming up soon. Hopefully they finally have some answers for the families!!!!

I must have heard something wrong. My local news just announced that the FBI is searching the country for the couple and they have no more answers then the day they disappeared. At least they are talking about them on the news again and hopefully someone will come forward.

This case feels personal to me. They disappeared the day that I got married and I think about them every month when my hubby and I celebrate our monthly anniversaries (we are still newlyweds LOL). I usually get really into a case and I just can't with them. I hope they are found but honestly, they haven't tried to contact anyone and that looks really bad.

Rachael said:
At least they are talking about them on the news again and hopefully someone will come forward.
I'm glad that someone is still talking about them. I just can't believe how crazy this is. Over seven months ago when this first started, we had no idea that all this time would pass with nothing. And with the lack of clues, there's not even much to talk about. It's so frustrating! :( :( :( :( :(

I was watching this show on tv last night, and during a commercial break, they had a picture of Danielle, asking, has anyone seen this person. I thought at the next commerical, they would show Richard (or even right after showing Danielle), but nothing..............but I was happy they at least showed her...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88