PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dmvpenn said:
oh sorry.:doh:
No, no, no ... you're exactly where you should be. If I'm not mistaken, on the information and support threads, we post information, articles, and support for those close to the missing. You certainly qualify, dmvpenn! I'm not a moderator or administrator or anything important here ... just a registered user. I just didn't want the rest of us to start discussing theories & clutter up the thread that's here for you to use to ask for help. I said "family" earlier when I should have said for family & friends. :)

dmvpenn, I was just at your website. Like I said, I don't really know what advice to offer regarding what posters should be allowed to say and what they shouldn't. I did notice, however, that your site allows people to post as guests. I wonder if it might be better if you require people to register in order to discuss? Although that might prevent people with real ideas or tips from posting.

Is there anyone here that can give dmvpenn some good advice? Maybe it would be good to just limit discussion to what you're comfortable with. I'm not sure how web forums work or how many moderators you have. But perhaps you could make a forum for tips, one for memories, one for well-wishes ... and then you could refer posters to another site, (like this one), if they would like to discuss their possible theories on the case. While some people might give you a lot of grief for not letting them say what's on their minds, I would hope that most people would understand if you're not comfortable having your site turn into debates about Danielle's estranged husband and so on.

What purposes would you like the site to serve, and maybe that will give us some better ideas on how to help you. Obviously you want to find Richard & Danielle but are you upset with the speculation? Would you like to keep it supportive only? Are you looking mainly for tips? Or would you like to keep it interactive in order to keep people involved with the case?

I look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully one of our wise WS'ers will jump in with some great advice for you. My heart goes out to you.

Thank you for your thoughts.

My initial intention behind the site was to give a more postitive portrayal
of Richie as well as have the search focused on both of them missing, not Danielle. I don't want to get into the details, but suffice is to say that some of us in the family and friends of Richie requested changes on the site that we felt were inappropriate.

So, we felt we need a forum where Richie's friends and family could go to have a community of support, where we could maybe mobilized and organize efforts, as well as to share memories and offer prayer.

Initially, I did want the daily lives of Richie and Danielle to come to the surface because I felt strongly that if people were free to talk it would lead to something or a tip or a motive. But then I got concerned the comments that were coming through could infact hurt police efforts.

The reality is the police are doing a great job, and the people on the site are really looking to vent there frustration in the not knowing. It is sad. I just don't want the site to get blamed for slander or defamation.

Ya know?

I don't know anything about how slander or defamation works. Maybe it would be enough for you to post a disclaimer on the site stating that opinions posted are not necessarily the opinions of the Webmaster or something like that? And if there's anything that seems completely over the top, you might have to delete it based on your own judgement. That's why I think it's a good idea to make people register. At least if the same user continues to make inappropriate statements, that person could be banned.

I am happy to see that there is a site for Richard. I agree that it's good for his friends & family and even interested citizens to be able to have somewhere to go to talk about both him & Danielle. I went to South Street just this past weekend, and couldn't stop thinking about them. I can't even imagine how pervasive that must be to those of you that know him personally & just want to see him come home already.

dmvpenn, please let me know if there's anything I can do for you. It seems that you guys have a pretty well-organized effort going but if there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm just over the bridge in South Jersey.

You are very sweet to say that.

it is so that the petrone's have many many contacts in the media and in high places that have help the effort. I do believe that Danielle's website as help people pound the media and the more the merry.

I think what I would like to ask the folks on this site is if they know of any companies that actually help in the physcial search efforts. We could pay them through the donations we receive. Where should I post that kind of question.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I feel like my head is going to explode.

PS. here is a good front page story. www.southphillyreview.com

dmvpenn said:
I think what I would like to ask the folks on this site is if they know of any companies that actually help in the physcial search efforts. We could pay them through the donations we receive. Where should I post that kind of question.
I'm not sure where you could post it - I haven't searched this site much; I usually only come on for stories that have touched me but haven't looked around beyond that. In addition to having posted it on this thread, perhaps you could send a private message to one of the administrators or moderators. I don't know who they all are or if they are listed somewhere separately but try Tricia, Jeana (DP), Timex, or WindChime, (off the top of my head). Perhaps you could also p.m. WasBlind as I believe she does help with missing people. There seem to be a lot of people here with experience in this area and I think that one of the people I listed can point you in the right direction.

In the top right corner of your page, it says "Welcome dmvpenn". If your private message function is on, click the link in that box, and send the private message(s) from there. If not, you will have to edit your options to turn on the private message function. I hope this helps.

dmvpenn said:
Yes, he is being questioned. but no physical evidence. nothing. no truck. If you look at our site under media discussions in a report link, the police said this had to be planned and organized. :doh:

I would like to try to learn if there are certain types of discussions that should be kept off of the site so that it dosen't interfere with police investigations.

Any one have any thoughts?
If you are concerned about what is being discussed and if that would harm an investigation, have law enforcement take a look at the website and monitor what's being said.

Or at the very least, ask them what should be kept out. In my experience with LE is that they are very willing to tell you what they need kept out of public discussion.

Edit: I've been thinking about Danielle and Richard a lot since I saw the story on AMW. What a terrible time this must be for you and your family. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

dmvpenn said:
You are very sweet to say that.

it is so that the petrone's have many many contacts in the media and in high places that have help the effort. I do believe that Danielle's website as help people pound the media and the more the merry.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I feel like my head is going to explode.

PS. here is a good front page story. www.southphillyreview.com

dmv: I would definitely suggest that you contact WasBlind. She is a great resource and I am sure she can direct you towards search organizations. She truly has a heart for the missing. You can PM her by clicking on "Members List" at the top of the page, then click on "w", then scroll down to Wasblind and click. The "contact info" will direct you how to PM her.

Best of luck. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

on Saturday there was coverage about the case starting with their mysterious disappearance and what has been done to data to try and locate them. Richard's daughter made a plea for anyone with info to come forward to "bring her Daddy home"(it was gut wrenching to see her). And someone from Richard's family(might have been his Dad) indicated that he felt that LE should be looking at "Steve"-Daniele's ex. He indicated that threats of an unspecified nature had been made by this person and that he felt this was not being explored closely enough. Did anyone else see the piece? It was on about 10:45pm.

gatetrekker44 said:
on Saturday there was coverage about the case starting with their mysterious disappearance and what has been done to data to try and locate them. Richard's daughter made a plea for anyone with info to come forward to "bring her Daddy home"(it was gut wrenching to see her). And someone from Richard's family(might have been his Dad) indicated that he felt that LE should be looking at "Steve"-Daniele's ex. He indicated that threats of an unspecified nature had been made by this person and that he felt this was not being explored closely enough. Did anyone else see the piece? It was on about 10:45pm.
yes, i did see the piece. I have latest articles that relate to the piece on our site www.richardanddaneille.com as well as www.richardpetrone.com

Was there something specific about the piece that you want me to share with you?

Juliana said:
dmv: I would definitely suggest that you contact WasBlind. She is a great resource and I am sure she can direct you towards search organizations. She truly has a heart for the missing. You can PM her by clicking on "Members List" at the top of the page, then click on "w", then scroll down to Wasblind and click. The "contact info" will direct you how to PM her.

Best of luck. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much!! I will get right on it now.

All of these suggestions confirm that there are angels!:angel:

"I have seen in any great undertaking

it is not enough for a man to depend

simply upon himself."

Telon Sioux

We are seeking help for our Search party effort in PA for the missing Couple Richard Petrone Jr and Daneille IMBO.

We need help with supplies for the search like water and paper for flyers. And of course, send Volunteers our way.

For more details, please visit us at www.richardpetrone.com
www.richardanddanielle.com

Thank you!!

We are seeking help for our Search party effort in PA for the missing Couple Richard Petrone Jr and Daneille IMBO.

We need help with supplies for the search like water and paper for flyers. And of course, send Volunteers our way.

For more details, please visit us at www.richardpetrone.com
www.richardanddanielle.com

Thank you!!

Richard Petrone, Sr./father: "They literally stepped through the doors of Abilene's and vanished into thin air."​
It has been four months of dread for two families. Thirty-five-year old Richard Petrone, Jr. and his girlfriend, 34-year-old Danielle Imbo disappeared February 19th. The couple was last seen leaving Abilene Bar on South Street around 11:45pm. Since then, there has been no sign of Richard's black 2001 Dodge pick-up truck. There has been no activity on any of their cell phones or credit cards. Police have searched land, air and water. Family members say Danielle would never stay away from her toddler son, nor would Richard abandon his 14-year-old daughter.

Richard Petrone, Sr./father: "I know my son well enough to know, I can't imagine anything on Earth keeping him away."​
Petrone's black DODGE Dakota truck has Pennsylvania tags YFH-2319. The truck has a Nascar number 99 decal on the back window. A $100,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the couple's whereabouts. You never have to give your name when you call the Citizens Crime Commission at (215) 546-TIPS.

Despite the best efforts to stay positive, the "not knowing" where they are makes it difficult, especially on Father's Day weekend, especially for a daughter wondering where is her dad.
Richard Petrone, Sr./father: "She just woke up one day, her whole world changed, doesn't understand what really has happened."

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/06192005_crf_petrone_imbo.html

. . . Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone were last seen leaving a bar in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the late evening hours of February 19, 2005. The two were dating. They have not been seen nor heard from since this last sighting.

Petrone's vehicle, a 2001 black Dodge Ram 1500 series pickup truck with Pennsylvania license plates YFH 2319, is also missing. There may be a NASCAR sticker in the rear window.

REMARKS
Danielle Imbo may also use the name Danielle Ottobre. She has a tattoo of flowers on her lower back. Imbo was last seen wearing a dark colored jacket, cream colored sweater, and blue jeans. She wears three small silver rings on either her left or right middle finger. Imbo was carrying a two-handle black purse at the time of her disappearance. She has worked as a loan mortgage processor. . .
http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/kidnap/imbo.htm
http://webdb.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/njsp/mpdisplay.cgi?mpid=172

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=30619
http://www.danielleimbo.com/
http://www.richardpetrone.com/
http://www.southphillyreview.com/view_article.php?id=3131

What about a murder/suicide scenario? Could he still wanted to be more serious and perhaps hoping that she had changed her mind that night? Perhaps driven somewhere remote and killed her and then himself?

I wonder if we know all the facts in this case. By giving out that she was known to use an alias it sounds as if there was possibly some suspicion of wrong doing and intentional hiding from justice taking place.
. . .Danielle Imbo may also use the name Danielle Ottobre. . .
http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/kidnap/imbo.htm

. . .Danielle is an underwriter for a local mortgage company . .
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=30619

and the top of that webpage has the title "A Disappearing Act"
Are they hinting of some embezzlement or something going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member