PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too - seems to me even if you thought they were inaccurate you'd take one if you were innocent just to try to prove it to everyone. Also seems to me that every time someone has refused they had something to do with the crime...

I can't remember specifically if he was asked - I thought he was but now I'm not sure. I'll review the articles and double check.

The couple's disappearance reads in the style of a one-hour TV police drama. Danielle's estranged husband, Joseph Imbo, allegedly made repeated threats against Petrone. And, just days before the disappearance, Danielle reportedly told Joseph Imbo and Petrone that she wanted space from both of them. Imbo says he has taken and passed a lie-detector test with the Mount Laurel Police Department, but since any results would be confidential, his assertion could not be verified.

http://citypaper.net/articles/2005-04-14/cb.shtml

"It just baffles everyone including detectives that nobody has come forward, which leads them to believe that nothing happened on South Street," Ottobre said. "You would think that somebody has to know something unless it was a freak accident."

http://www.southphillyreview.com./view_article.php?id=4184

Ok, here's a thought - what if nothing did happen on South Street? Everyone has said all along that two people being kidnapped would HAVE to draw attention in a busy area like South Street. So what if the problem didn't occur there?

Now, I recall reports that his truck was not seen via video camera going over any of the bridges. What if the camera just missed it? Maybe a black truck in the middle of the night hid behind a tractor trailer or something? What if they really made it back to NJ? That would put the scene of the abduction in NJ. Does anyone know if LE searched Danielle's house with luminol (sp?) or anything?

I wonder if Danielle was renting or buying her home? Kind of strange that the ex would be living there now isn't it? I wish LE would go into her home and spray it down and see if anything would show up.

I wonder if the ex-husband thought that Danielle had decided to stick with Patrone beings she was with him that night. Maybe he thought she was just messing with his head by telling him that she wanted some space from both of them. It's hard to believe that nothing has been found of these two or the truck. Not even a hint of anything. They really should go check out Danielle's home.

I believe I read in an article (way up there in all those posts), that Danielle's mom invited the Ex to live in the house to raise the children so that they wouldn't be disrupted any more than they had been by losing their mom... and I can't say I blame her. She put aside any differences for the sake of the children and that I have to admire.

On some level, yes, but if he really killed Danielle, is it really wise to leave her son with a killer?

I thought I read somewhere they were selling the house because the husband didn't want to live there anymore...

bykerladi said:
On some level, yes, but if he really killed Danielle, is it really wise to leave her son with a killer?

I thought I read somewhere they were selling the house because the husband didn't want to live there anymore...

I wonder if LE has even gone over that house? They wouldn't have had any reason to why back when because it was thought that they disappeared right after they left the bar. I wish they would go into the house and spray down the whole place and see if they can find any blood or anything. It would be worth a try. They both could have been murdered there and then removed in a different vehicle. His truck could have been parted out at a chop shop long ago.

If the ex murdered them in that house of course he wouldn't want to live there :loser:

Is that bar still open?
I did a google and nothing....
Just wanted to get a map of the area......

I think the bar is still open. Then again, South Street has been going through MAJOR renovations and revitalization in the last few years...

It's much harder to chop up and get rid of vehicles now, especially one as new as the truck in question. The VIN is stamped in several places, may be on the glass and many of the body panels. It used to just be on the engine and transmission. Either someone really knew what they were doing to remove all the VINs before selling the parts, or was very lucky or the whole truck is still missing. My guess is on the last one, maybe even crushed immediately instead of sold for parts.

A few options:

1. The truck is still intact somewhere, the perpetrator is storing it somewhere.
2. The truck has been chopped up and sold. Most Philly people don't really care whether the vin is correct or not when they're looking for cheap parts. Plus the chop shop could have scraped the vin off.
3. The truck was taken to a salvage yard where it was crushed into a little cube (which is doubtful because I THINK the owners are supposed to log the VIN numbers before they crush cars).
4. Rich and Danielle had an accident and the truck is intact with them inside.
5. Rich and Danielle drove off together and still have the truck (I do NOT buy into this theory at all. Neither of them would've left their families or their children).

bykerladi said:
A few options:

1. The truck is still intact somewhere, the perpetrator is storing it somewhere.
2. The truck has been chopped up and sold. Most Philly people don't really care whether the vin is correct or not when they're looking for cheap parts.
Being a Philly person, I'm not sure whether I should be offended or not! LOL! FWIW, I know VERY few people (if any) that would be willing to buy parts if they believed for a second that they were stolen. I was born and raised in Philly for over 25 years.

Pharlap said:
Is that bar still open?
I did a google and nothing....
Just wanted to get a map of the area......
ABILENE-GOOD BY DAY, BAD BY NITE!

It's with a sad heart that we are to inform you that Abilene has closed it's doors. We are not quite sure what the future holds for us, but we have to say that all future shows are cancelled...

Never count us out, who knows what the future holds. We hope to bring good f*cking music back to south street when we can! In the meantime, have a drink for Abilene! You know we'd have a drink for you....​

It's not "goodbye"...it's "see you later!"​

---Abilene​

JerseyGirl said:
Being a Philly person, I'm not sure whether I should be offended or not!
I'm a Philly girl too! Only place in the world where people will stop their car in the middle of the road, put it in park, get out, and go shopping, ignoring the yells and honks from the cars behind them.

Gotta love Philly culture!!

Bumping.
I think of Danelle and Richard often.
Prayers for answers for their loved ones.
:(

Amost three years and still not a trace. This is a very perplexing case.

I pray that this New Year of 2008 will be the year we see a resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member