PA PA - Somerset Twp, Slickerman Rd, likely adult, wooded area, PMI 1 yr - poss several yrs, Apr'21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been trying to find more news...I guess it will be a while. This is just a few miles from me. This isn't something that you hear of around here.
Have you heard anything yet? We have been desperately awaiting some kind of information to know if it may be Fawn Marie Mountain. Thanks xx

Have you heard anything yet? We have been desperately awaiting some kind of information to know if it may be Fawn Marie Mountain. Thanks xx

I have not either. I’m hopeful that they will be able to get a full, thorough and accurate ID soon.

Thanks, wish it wasn’t pay-walled but sounds like from the title they are making progress.

Not sure why it's behind a paywall for you, but here's a snippet. I noticed that they were very careful in their wording as to not revealing a gender, but did state that the UID had been deceased for at least a year or more:

"Earlier this spring, Dennis Dirkmaat, chairman of the applied forensic sciences department at Mercyhurst University, told The Tribune-Democrat that the remains found near Slickerman Road likely belonged to an adult who had been dead for more than a year, and possibly for several years.

Swank said efforts to narrow down possibilities remain ongoing.

The Somerset County Coroner's Office’s role in the case is to determine the cause and manner of the adult’s death, if possible.

At this point, a final determination has not been made, he said"

This is the first I have seen this thread. (I am about 40 min SE of Somerset.) Somerset runs along the PA turnpike and it has it's own exit. When I see UID's in these areas, I almost think they can be from anywhere. I hope they are able to identify these remains, someone is missing them.

Yiear West? 29y black male missing since 12/09/16 out of Wilkes Barre I know it’s a bit of a distance, but it’s worth mentioning

I wonder if the individual has been identified. Strange they haven't released more information since the summer update.

Published 5:00 a.m. ET Jan 14, 2022

The identity of a person found last year in Somerset Township is still unknown.

This person's remains — a partial human skull — were found March 30 near Slickerman Drive by a person searching for deer antlers. Somerset County Coroner Cullen Swank said that Pennsylvania state police are awaiting DNA testing for part of the remains.

"There's a part of the body — with the skeleton — that you can send away with DNA," Swank said. "We are waiting to get that back."

Identity of partial skull found in Somerset is still unknown

Now in NamUs - UP114250

ME/C Case Number PA 21-A27639

Biological Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years) 19-69
Height 5' 8"-6' 2"(68-74 inches) Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found March 30, 2021
NamUs Case Created January 8, 2024
Location Found Map
Location Somerset, Pennsylvania
County Somerset County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Surface-scattered human remains found in a wooded area off of Slickerman Road in Somerset County, PA.

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Accessories Light colored handkerchief.
Accessories Pulsar brand square gold rimmed watch with band labeled “Genuine Lizard”.

Clothing “Today’s Man” Torriani size 28R black suit pants.
Clothing “Club Room” medium 15in neck 34/35 dress shirt with white buttons.
Clothing Jockey brand size 32 underwear.
Clothing “Donna Karan New York (DNKY)” brand navy blue with white square patterned tie.
Clothing “Savile Row” brand, size s/p pinstripe potentially gray/green suit jacket.
Clothing “Mighty Mac” brand fleece Jacket with zipper down the hood.
Footwear Black Bostonian by “Clarks” Men’s Bardwell Limit Leather formal shoes. Near the Body

Now in NamUs - UP114250

ME/C Case Number PA 21-A27639

Biological Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years) 19-69
Height 5' 8"-6' 2"(68-74 inches) Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found March 30, 2021
NamUs Case Created January 8, 2024
Location Found Map
Location Somerset, Pennsylvania
County Somerset County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Surface-scattered human remains found in a wooded area off of Slickerman Road in Somerset County, PA.

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Accessories Light colored handkerchief.
Accessories Pulsar brand square gold rimmed watch with band labeled “Genuine Lizard”.

Clothing “Today’s Man” Torriani size 28R black suit pants.
Clothing “Club Room” medium 15in neck 34/35 dress shirt with white buttons.
Clothing Jockey brand size 32 underwear.
Clothing “Donna Karan New York (DNKY)” brand navy blue with white square patterned tie.
Clothing “Savile Row” brand, size s/p pinstripe potentially gray/green suit jacket.
Clothing “Mighty Mac” brand fleece Jacket with zipper down the hood.
Footwear Black Bostonian by “Clarks” Men’s Bardwell Limit Leather formal shoes. Near the Body
He was quite formally dressed. It appears the Mighty Mac clothing company folded around 1989-1990. It's certainly possible that a sturdy piece of outerwear was worn long after its manufacture date, but at first glance I think these remains are ca. 1970-1995.

He was quite formally dressed. It appears the Mighty Mac clothing company folded around 1989-1990. It's certainly possible that a sturdy piece of outerwear was worn long after its manufacture date, but at first glance I think these remains are ca. 1970-1995.

BBM

Nice clothes, Somerset county, possibly there for quite a few years.

I mentioned this UID earlier in the thread but this really has me wondering ...

Turkeyfoot John Doe found in '95, TOD '94 ( possible/probable mob hit). These two UIDs were found less than 30 miles apart (ballpark).

Probably not connected but, hey, maybe they are.

BBM

Nice clothes, Somerset county, possibly there for quite a few years.

I mentioned this UID earlier in the thread but this really has me wondering ...

Turkeyfoot John Doe found in '95, TOD '94 ( possible/probable mob hit). These two UIDs were found less than 30 miles apart (ballpark).

Probably not connected but, hey, maybe they are.

It certainly seems that both of these men would be missed. Which is not to say that people of means are more loved than people without. Their clothing simply doesn't indicate transience. They both also have clues pointing to American residency: the American made dental plate on Turkeyfoot John Doe, and the made in Gloucester, MA "Mighty Mac" coat on Somerset Doe. They were also both appropriately dressed for fall weather, in "East Coast" clothing, not indicative of travel from far away. So why aren't there obvious missing persons reports to be found? Perhaps because they were both assumed dead at the time? Perhaps because of criminal, maybe mob affiliation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back