GUILTY PA - Susan, 44, & Sarah Wolfe, 38, murdered in their Pittsburgh home, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
if the jacket is custom, good, that means someone will know!
news saying 'witness'.........not suspect?

Looks too well groomed to be homeless. Shaved head, and thin, shaped moustache/beard. He can shave the beard, but not change his hair to escape detection quickly.

If this is from that evening, where is Susan? Did she get off the bus already?

Someone seems to be standing behind him as he waits to get off. Can anyone make out if that is a woman in the driver's rear view mirror?
East-Liberty-witness-02.jpg

To get to Susan's house, one has to get off the bus (North Negley), then cross North Negley, a major road, to get to Black Street. The Wolfe house is a little over a block west on Black, then north onto Chislett.

BBM Looks like a woman to me.

Do they not have footage of Susan getting off the bus? Does anybody know how these bus cameras work? Are they running continuously? Intermittently?

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...two-East-Liberty-sisters/stories/201402170138

BBM Looks like a woman to me.

Have a look at the first photo, which shows the interior of the bus. Not many people. About halfway back, there is a woman with a very pale complexion and short dark hair. Could be Susan. She's in the aisle seat - could be getting ready to slide out and disembark.
East-Liberty-witness-01.jpg

Here's is what I believe to be a recent photo of her, from Clinton Iowa newspaper story about family. Susan on left. Sarah is wearing a t shirt from Animals Friends, a lovely no-kill shelter outside the city, for which she recently began to volunteer.
g258000000000000000a89296167f4a176911040dba77f5ec1d1942e760.jpg

If that is her, and/or also her behind the Mystery Man, reflected in the mirror, it does not appear they were walking "together."
East-Liberty-witness-02.jpg

The bus cameras run continuously. Police were able to easily locate her on her travels because she has a bus card that she scans, indicating the ID of its owner. The police noted the time she scanned to get off, and was able to pin point the minutes in which these still frames were taken.

These women should just not be dead.
I really want whoever did this to them, locked away forever.
I'm pretty sure it's a he. He should be off the streets as of yesterday.
If it comes out that he is a violent convicted felon that shouldn't have been back in society ever. But was, due to lack of gumption or politics of our law makers, I really am going to scream.

My first thought on the bus guy wasn't a suspect as much as maybe someone who saw something. I know I often take the bus at the same time, and see the same people. there are a few people that I regularly chat with or just say hello to simply because we see each other a few times a week on a long bus ride.

To get to Susan's house, one has to get off the bus (North Negley), then cross North Negley, a major road, to get to Black Street. The Wolfe house is a little over a block west on Black, then north onto Chislett.

It's a 4 minute walk from Negley along Hays Street to Susan's home.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/17/police-seek-possible-witness-in-east-liberty-murder-case/
<snipped>
Officials want to be clear the man is not a suspect, but someone they say could help provide essential information to detectives.
<snipped>
Police had said previously that they were searching for a man who appears to follow Susan Wolfe home after getting off the same Port Authority bus.
Wolfe and her sister, Sarah Wolfe, were found the next day shot to death in the home&#8217;s basement.
The footage released is from the day prior to the murders. Interesting that LE didn't release footage from the day of the murders, especially since they are looking for a man who followed Susan home.

<modsnip>

BTW, possibly the reason he was still in the home when Sarah returned, assuming Susan was the target, is that he was still cleaning up the crime scene. He may not have known what time to expect Sarah home, or just lost track of time, if he did realize that someone else lived in the house. Lights on every level of the home may have been left on as he searched for cleaning supplies.

According to 2/18 Post Gazette, the police used a Port Authority connect card to identify when Susan boarded the bus, and pin pointed footage showing the two of them sitting together, and the two of them off the bus together.

They have compared surveillance from Villa Shoes on Highland Ave, about 2 blocks from where the car was deserted, (stuck at a stop light?) and the branch of the Carnegie Public Library. They say they keep visiting 6 locations.

Police say a pair of grey sweat pants with a business card in the pocket was found near the car (by the library/homeless shelter/fountain). <modsnip>

Somebody has to recognize this guy. If he doesn't have a car, he is not showing up at work or appointments, if reluctant to ride the bus lest he be recognized.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/17/police-seek-possible-witness-in-east-liberty-murder-case/

The footage released is from the day prior to the murders. Interesting that LE didn't release footage from the day of the murders, especially since they are looking for a man who followed Susan home..

No, it is from the day of the murders. From that article:

"Police released surveillance footage from the Port Authority bus that Susan Wolfe had ridden home on the evening of Feb. 6 – the night she and her sister were murdered in their Chislett Street home."

It's a 4 minute walk from Negley along Hays Street to Susan's home.

That makes sense, as there is a bus stop at Hays, and Hays intersects Chislett by the Wolfe home.

I'm reading my own caution into the situation - stay on well-lighted, trafficked streets. Two lane Black Street is a lot safer than poor lighted side street Hays Street. If I had no choice but Hays Street, it would be a 30 second sprint.

Glad to read the fellow on the bus came forth with what information he did have.

According to the CBS article case is at a bit of a standstill.

Wondering what the appointment Susan had was all about, it could be anything. There was a Cat Show that weekend, I wondered if both sisters planned to go there, they loved cats! the family should know. Sarah I believe was Vegan I don't know about Susan but, if there are Food Co-ops, Whole Foods, Herbal shops etc., they possibly would frequent them, just a lot of guessing. Someone has to know who Susan was friendly with.

I'm not sure if a hoodrat type did this, I'm thinking they'd get out of there fast and would have stolen things, this is nicely planned all their tracks covered a slick monster and he needs to be taken off the street asap IMO I pray LE tracks him down.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/18/east-liberty-double-murder-investigation-at-standstill/

Let's hope that the witnesses from the bus can make a composite of the perp.
I can't believe there is no DNA in car or house.

Let's hope that the witnesses from the bus can make a composite of the perp.
I can't believe there is no DNA in car or house.

There must be a lot of evidence. Enough that the perp tried to destroy it with bleach and other cleaning products. They just have to match it to someone.

Video from library, and from a shop on Highland Ave, that would seem to show the stolen car. Video from the shop would show the passenger side of car. I do not know the orientation of the car as it was left at the library, but guess southwestwards, also passenger side to camera.

At this point, the stories of what happened that evening are all over the place.

Praying for a speedy resolution, for the officers investigating this case, and the victims. This crime is unusually horrific - what the heck is going on here?

If this 'homeless'? man was ever in military or has a record then his fingerprints should show up soon! I don't know why but this seems so personal for some reason to me. Almost like love turned to hate. Was it rejection? These murders are very cold, calculating and scares me! This double murder would be classified as serial, right?
So perp will do it again and may of killed before! JMOO

LE now looking for a different man. No video released yet...

Police obtained the video from a Sunoco gas station in the 500 block of North Highland Avenue, less than a mile from the home on Chislett Street where Susan and Sarah Wolfe were slain.
Several days after collecting the video footage from the gas station, detectives returned there late last week and took garbage bags from a trash container on the premises.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...lfe-sister/stories/201402180138#ixzz2tmhMI24C

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/19/police-seek-man-seen-on-video-in-east-liberty-double-murder/

Pittsburgh Police are now questioning a man described as a person of interest in the case.

He was picked up around 3:30 p.m. along Chislett Street in East Liberty and is now being interviewed by investigators at Pittsburgh Police headquarters.

KDKA’s Marty Griffin reports that one source described him as “our guy.”

He is reportedly familiar with the Wolfe sisters and lives in the neighborhood.

on WTAE TV channel 4 local news showed LE cars in front of a "NEIGHBORS" home, 2 doors down???? Did not name POI or suspect, but gave the impression that they found their 'person'.........searching this person's home right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back