PA - Teen mother throws baby out of second-story window after giving birth at home - June 26th 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

The baby’s mother, 20-year-old Emily Dickinson, allegedly threw the newborn out a second-story window of the couple’s apartment the same day she gave birth. The baby’s father, 19-year-old Joshua Wooters, was allegedly present and is facing similar charges.
1719440037253.png

What a horror.
Glad that those two are found -- certainly a 1st Degree Murder charge -- the sooner, the better.
I can hardly breathe thinking about this.
Could drugs be involved?
Why, why, why? Guessing they just didn't have time to drop the infant by the places that are set up for it.
Surely the infant must be one of the littlest angels who has ever flown.

She’s 20, not a “teen” . . . Maybe she was 19 when she gave birth, and turned 20 by the time she was arrested?

So the homicide is from cutting the umbilical cord, not from throwing the baby.

If she couldn’t afford OBGYN visits, I imagine that’s also why she chose to give birth at home instead of going to the hospital?

Is he being charged with homicide (not just concealing a death and abusing a corpse) because he handed her the knife?

What kind of nurse assistant was she . . . Did she know what she was doing??

I truly don't understand some people.

Since we're supposed to be victim friendly (sometimes just ugh) - suppose the baby was premature ( phone search) and deformed ( her statement), it is possible the baby would have had a struggle to live. I know she had some medical background and I therefore don't understand not knowing one must tie off the baby's cord. That one detail made a big difference.

Fly high angel baby!

This is confusing:

“The parents told State Police the baby started to bleed when Dickinson cut the umbilical cord, but she did not clamp the pressure to stop the bleeding because it “just didn’t work,” the complaint says.”

Did she try to clamp it, or not? I think that will be a very important detail in this case.

I truly don't understand some people.

Since we're supposed to be victim friendly (sometimes just ugh) - suppose the baby was premature ( phone search) and deformed ( her statement), it is possible the baby would have had a struggle to live. I know she had some medical background and I therefore don't understand not knowing one must tie off the baby's cord. That one detail made a big difference.

Fly high angel baby!
The autopsy will confirm or deny this. Reddit had a story about this, and described her as nurse. She wasn't; she was a CNA (certified nursing assistant) but even they should know about basic prenatal care and issues! A lot of nurses posted, "I'm insulted that they called her a nurse" and I replied, "I'd be insulted if she was called a nurse if she was one, and I'm NOT a nurse."

She also claimed she was “hallucinating” and that the baby was “deformed.” Not that either of these things justify what happened, but they might provide some insight into her state of mind and why she did it.

I don’t know if she can prove she was hallucinating, but she could use that in her defense . . . It would be up to a jury to believe her or not.

And as far as the second part . . . I hate to be graphic, but I wonder if any deformity is evident on the body in the condition it’s in after sustaining the fall.

The baby was already dead when she threw it out of the window. Not excusing doing such an awful thing, just making sure it's clear that this is not how the baby was murdered.
Thank you. I’m trying to process what happened. The baby bled to death. Ugh. They are sure the baby didn’t first get tossed, then bled out? I’m sorry for being graphic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back