GUILTY PA - "The Boy in the Bag", Philadelphia, 1994 - Jerell Willis, 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Boy's name is
Jerrell Willis
The victim was located on May 27, 1994 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was recognized by a family member looking at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children website and he called in his concerns. Further testing proved his identity

This is just soooo horrific....................... IM JUST LOST FOR WORDS..This poor little sole...
Is there more children in this family?? Lets pray to god there isnt..
found this ,,,
http://americasunknownchild.net/OtherBoy.html

let her be free'ed to the people.. Im sure I could find some form of fitting punishment.....:bang: :woohoo: :bang: :bang: :woohoo: :bang:

Ive just finished reading this link... Its soooo sad... God bless Mary for what she did for little Jerrell.. Now they are together.. I bet Mary is showering him with love... The true love of a mother.. May Jerrell now rest in peace..
Mary has not been gone to long her self!! Did she have something to do with finaly putting a name on the headstone...Clues from the grave.........

Rip in peace little one.......
Jerrell Willis

Mary is a saint ... I hope she and little Jerrell have met in Heaven.

This is my first time posting in this section of websleuths, but I had to put my 2cents in on this one. I was so excited when I saw on the Doe Network that his identity had been discovered. I spent many hours trying to figure out the identity of this sweet boy and I am glad that justice will be served in this case.

Woman charged with killing son in 1994 has bail set at $500,000 (phillyBurbs.com)

A woman charged with killing her 4-year-old son in Camden in 1994, then dumping his body in Philadelphia, was ordered held on $500,000 bail Friday...

(Alicia) Robinson had no lawyer when she appeared in court Friday to have the charges read to her. Superior Court Judge Linda G. Baxter set bail at $500,000.

Her husband, Lawrence Robinson, 36, was also charged with murder in a case that had confounded authorities for years. He was already in prison in New Jersey, serving an eight-year term for sexual assault...

may little Jerrell rest in peace, now that his killers are finally being charged.

I just don't understand how anyone can beat a child. My son is 3 years old, and I can't imagine just knocking him around.

Bail set for boy's stepfather in killing

Bail was set at $750,000 on Monday for the stepfather of a 4-year-old boy whose battered body was found in a duffel bag under the Benjamin Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia in 1994.

Lawrence Robinson, 35, was charged with murder in the death of Jerell Willis in late March. Also charged was his wife, Alicia Willis Robinson, 32...

When arrested, Robinson was serving an eight-year sentence at Riverfront State Prison in Camden for aggravated sexual assault. Alicia Robinson's bail was set last month at $500,000.

Robinson interrupted Camden County Prosecutor Michael Chewkanes as he read a probable cause statement into the record. "I wasn't in the house. How can I be charged with the murder?" he asked...

i just finished a really interesting article in Justice magazine that I thought i'd tell all of you about...a sculptor was able to solve a murder of a young boy committed over 7 yrs prior (without victim's identity, family history, evidence, etc.). by working backwards, the artist started with the victim's remains and began to configure a life-like presentation. it's a brilliantly intense story... check it out if you can

Mother Sentenced In 'Boy In The Bag' Murder

The Robinson’s were arrested in 2005 and Alycia entered a plea bargain in exchange for testimony against her then husband. She was sentenced to five years in prison.

In court Friday, the judge gave Alycia Robinson credit for the two years and five month she has already served in jail.

“She has been in jail for over 800 days, she will always have this on her record and she’ll have to live with what she did,” Albright said.

A court ruled Alicia Robinson, 34, is now eligible for parole after time served in the death of her 4-year-old in 1994.

Lawrence Robinson has been incarcerated since being convicted of a sexual assault charge in 1996. His murder trial is expected in October.

Mother Sentenced In 'Boy In The Bag' Murder

The Robinson’s were arrested in 2005 and Alycia entered a plea bargain in exchange for testimony against her then husband. She was sentenced to five years in prison.

In court Friday, the judge gave Alycia Robinson credit for the two years and five month she has already served in jail.

“She has been in jail for over 800 days, she will always have this on her record and she’ll have to live with what she did,” Albright said.

A court ruled Alicia Robinson, 34, is now eligible for parole after time served in the death of her 4-year-old in 1994.

Lawrence Robinson has been incarcerated since being convicted of a sexual assault charge in 1996. His murder trial is expected in October.

WTH?!!! I hope they do not parole her while she is still ale to have more children to torture. What is two years? People who steal get more than that!!!

On the news last night, it was said that her husband was the one that killed the boy and that she didn't come forward because she was a battered woman. Since she was still with the husband, she feared what would happen to her if she told LE what she knew.

WTH?!!! I hope they do not parole her while she is still ale to have more children to torture. What is two years? People who steal get more than that!!!

Two years is nothing. When are our courts going to value the lives of children?

On the news last night, it was said that her husband was the one that killed the boy and that she didn't come forward because she was a battered woman. Since she was still with the husband, she feared what would happen to her if she told LE what she knew.

JerseyGirl,

This is another case where the woman stayed even while her child was in danger.

I guess she's free now to find another abuser and start having more children.

I agree that the children should ALWAYS come first - especially their safety. But I don't know the dynamics that exist in a battered woman case. I don't justify at all what happened. I just feel that I can't really judge the situation as I've been fortunate enough to never have to live through it. And I don't know the specifics of this case well enough - I was just telling what I heard on the news. I don't necessarily agree with the court's decision.

The child's skeletonized remains were found on May 27, 1994, in the 300 block of North Lawrence Street. An autopsy showed the boy had been beaten to death, with blunt force trauma to the head and torso. His remains were found inside a nylon bag beneath the Ben Franklin Bridge, wrapped in bedsheets and a towel.

So there's a case on NamUs, entered on April 7, 2017. Same date, location, etc, etc that little Jerrell was found. I'm 99.99% sure it is little Jerrell's case entered into NamUs erroneously. I've emailed NamUs (for the 2nd time) to see if this can be looked into.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dstewart
Back