GUILTY PA - Timothy Piazza, 19, Dies In Penn State Frat Hazing, 2 Feb 2017 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

attachment.php

May 13, 2017
Martin Cobb, Director of Communication
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity
martin.cobb@beta.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THERE ARE NO WORDS

OXFORD, OHIO, May 13, 2017 – One week ago, our hearts sank as the district attorney in State College, Pennsylvania, detailed the events that lead to the death of Tim Piazza. To think that young men could possibly behave in such a manner is beyond comprehension. There are no words to describe the pain we feel for Tim and his family. We are so deeply sorry. We are heartbroken. We are outraged.

As husbands, fathers, sons, nephews and grandsons, Betas around the world have written and called in to express their anger, disappointment and sorrow. We share their feelings and are left speechless as to how something like this could happen.

It weighs heavily on the Fraternity that Evelyn and Jim Piazza will continue experiencing such unfathomable grief this weekend on what should have been a normal, joy-filled Mother’s Day. For that, our Fraternity can only extend again its most deeply held condolences that young men who purported to represent our Fraternity’s values did anything but. The depth of the Piazza family’s loss is profound, and Betas everywhere join in their anguish.

Certainly, it is hard to formulate the words on behalf of Beta Theta Pi that can even come close to addressing the spectrum of perspectives so many individuals hold toward the situation and the organization at-large. We know there are many who, at this point, couldn’t care less what the Fraternity has to say. We understand and are not defensive or hostile to them. We share many of those same sentiments. Young men in State College betrayed our Fraternity’s teachings, expectations and policies. And for that, we are equally infuriated.

Now, as the Fraternity considers how best to move forward in the coming days, we have confidence in the judicial system that due process and justice can and will be served. We will continue to cooperate with authorities in all manners to make sure of it.

Ultimately, we hope and pray that somehow peace will come to the Piazza family. They deserved so much more from the young men Tim sought to join in the name of friendship and brotherhood.

S. Wayne Kay
General Secretary and Board Chairman

Jeffrey S. Rundle
Executive Director

###

Beta Theta Pi is a college fraternity committed to developing men of principle for a principled life. Founded in 1839, today Beta serves more 10,000 undergraduate members on 136 campuses across North America, 130,000 living-alumni members and 1,800 volunteers. The Fraternity’s Administrative Office is located near its founding site at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

http://beta.org/contact/penn-state-update-there-are-no-words/

Attachments

• timothy.png
    timothy.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 173
I am curious about the visible bruise from the first fall. That's awfully quick for a bruise to be visible on a camera! I'm wondering if there wasn't some stomach paddling or something during the gauntlet. I'm no doctor,.but that doesn't sound right, to me

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I'm no doctor, either, but I wonder if blood oozing from an injured spleen could be seen sooner than a bruise would form.

Me either. This is horrible and despicable, that poor boy. I know, he was a young man, but still..... :cry: Yes, crying, but mad as hell too at the poor excuses for human beings that could be so cruel and inhumane. :stormingmad:

I don't believe the jurors will like them either. This should be a tuff defensive effort IMO.

That says a lot, doesn't it? I guess it was merely an oversight...

My money would be on standard practice for parties. Might be worthwhile to identify who has control of them. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the advisor... who I still feel has more explaining to do here. Not buying the whole "i was clueless and in my room all night" spiel.

I've been searching for the floorplan for the Beta Theta Pi at Penn, unsuccessfully. I thought I saw one the other day but I must be wrong. I was especially interested around the basement stairs (in the kitchen area?) where some areas are not filmed (according to testimony)

With the huge and extremely expensive renovation conducted in 2006, I was sure I would find a floorplan or photos of before and after but I can't.

I have found some photos inside the frat house in this:

http://onwardstate.com/2017/03/31/vision-for-penn-state-greeks/

Wow! Such elegance and tradition.

And how how horribly that house was disgraced that night. But it won't happen again. The Beta Theta Pi house has been shut down.

Wow, the leadership qualities of some of the (ex)members of the (ex) Beta house just don't stop, do they? No one has been convicted of anything, so all this is just my opinion.

"The former Penn State frat brothers charged in connection with a pledge’s hazing death believed they were “f---ed” and scrambled to minimize fallout as the sophomore lay dying, according to text messages revealed at a hearing Monday.

“He looked f-----g dead,” the Beta Theta Pi members’ texts about Tim Piazza read, according to ABC News. “I think we are f---ed.”

One declared: “I don't want to go to jail for this.”

Other messages allegedly showed the college students trying to keep the deadly booze-fueled hazing under wraps."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/penn-state-frat-bro-deadly-hazing-f-ed-article-1.3315220

"The former Penn State frat brothers charged in connection with a pledge’s hazing death believed they were “f---ed” and scrambled to minimize fallout as the sophomore lay dying, according to text messages revealed at a hearing Monday.

“He looked f-----g dead,” the Beta Theta Pi members’ texts about Tim Piazza read, according to ABC News. “I think we are f---ed.”

One declared: “I don't want to go to jail for this.”

Other messages allegedly showed the college students trying to keep the deadly booze-fueled hazing under wraps."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/penn-state-frat-bro-deadly-hazing-f-ed-article-1.3315220

The texts make me ill - I feel so badly for Tim & his parents. The pain has to be unbearable.

"BELLEFONTE, Pa. — A lawyer for the family of the Penn State University student who died during a pledge event this year blasted fraternity members outside the courtroom Tuesday — the third day of a raucous preliminary hearing.

With the mother of Timothy Piazza visibly crying during a recess, family lawyer Tom Kline disputed defense attorneys who have been arguing that no one forced the 19-year-old student to engage in binge drinking before he tumbled down basement steps and suffered multiple traumatic brain injuries."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sions-flare-during-latest-day-hearing-n781921

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"BELLEFONTE — Jim and Evelyn Piazza looked disgusted and disappointed as they sat front row for Tuesday’s portion of the preliminary hearings into the death of their son, Timothy.

And defense attorney Andrew Shubin, representing former Beta Theta Pi member Nicholas Kubera, posed a question to Detective David Scicchitano that later made Jim Piazza's jaw drop.

“He’s also a victim, right?” Shubin asked referencing the hazing his client underwent for pledging in 2016."

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_f419ea2c-6690-11e7-8b35-c7788bfc7dd0.html

"BELLEFONTE — Jim and Evelyn Piazza looked disgusted and disappointed as they sat front row for Tuesday’s portion of the preliminary hearings into the death of their son, Timothy.

And defense attorney Andrew Shubin, representing former Beta Theta Pi member Nicholas Kubera, posed a question to Detective David Scicchitano that later made Jim Piazza's jaw drop.

“He’s also a victim, right?” Shubin asked referencing the hazing his client underwent for pledging in 2016."

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_f419ea2c-6690-11e7-8b35-c7788bfc7dd0.html

And WTH does that have to do with Timothy's death? [emoji49]

I hope all their lawyers are this vigorous in their defense b/c I will feel so much satisfaction when they are convicted. I am heartbroken that the Piazza family has to hear this garbage.

And WTH does that have to do with Timothy's death? [emoji49]

Exactly. It almost makes it worse. That this abuse has gone on for years and years of cycles and no one stopped it. Even when they had the chance as the abuser, rather than the victim. I don't doubt it haoo d to them all! But why didn't they stop the cycle if they knew how horrible it was.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back