GUILTY PA - Timothy Piazza, 19, Dies In Penn State Frat Hazing, 2 Feb 2017 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BELLEFONTE, Pa., Nov 13 (Reuters) - A Pennsylvania prosecutor charged an additional 12 members of a Pennsylvania State University fraternity <> in the death of a 19-year-old student after examining recovered surveillance-camera video of an alcohol-fueled initiation rite >

.... video captured games involving the rapid consumption of wine, beer and vodka in the fraternity house's basement during a party for newly accepted members and showed Piazza being given at least 18 drinks over a period of 1 hour and 22 minutes....

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...zing-death-leads-to-12-more-charged/23275870/

Thank goodness they recovered it.

I can't seem to get rid of the smile/smirk on my face. This DA sounds determined and angry.

Let's hope we will see justice this time, and maybe other groups -- be they frats, sports clubs, etc., etc. -- will think about watching out for over-drinking or hazing. Let justice begin.

Penn State frat members gave pledge 18 drinks in less than 90 minutes, video shows

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/13/penn-state-frat-charges/859524001/

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Beta Theta Pi brothers gave their pledge 18 drinks in an hour and 22 minutes, surveillance video from the basement of the fraternity house shows.

The new tape led Centre County's district attorney, Stacy Parks Miller, to announce additional criminal charges Monday against frat members as a result of the investigation into deleted surveillance video from Feb. 2 when Timothy J. Piazza participated in a hazing ritual.

After examining one of the digital video recorder surveillance boxes, State College police uncovered evidence that the basement camera video had been manually deleted just as police were poised to take possession of the recording equipment.

I can't seem to get rid of the smile/smirk on my face. This DA sounds determined and angry.

Let's hope we will see justice this time, and maybe other groups -- be they frats, sports clubs, etc., etc. -- will think about watching out for over-drinking or hazing. Let justice begin.

Not sure which news article it's in but they stated that Timothy fell down the stairs into the basement,
Head First. That just broke this ole heart of mine.

Thus far, all charges are misdemeanors. Just not right. Not right at all.

And they just let him lie there -- in the basement. And the basement had a camera -- and IIANM, it may be the one that had the film which the fratty-bagger "erased," and the FBI restored. A lot of bad stuff was carried out in the basement...

And yes, I either get teared-up, or I want to run out into the street & just scream. That wonderful, loving & promising young man. They just left him to die, and he did.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro promised Tuesday to use “whatever legal tools” he can to have involuntary manslaughter charges reinstated against five former fraternity members charged in the 2017 hazing death of Penn State University student Timothy Piazza.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/ed...-hazing-death-AG-Shapiro/stories/201805010106

Yes! These are bullies with no moral compass. Can you even imagine the true character of these men? People instinctively run to help others. It takes a different breed of consciousness to deliberately harm someone let alone watch someone suffer from your own hands, and bad evil arrogant obnoxious hateful souls to get off on watching someone lose not only their dignity, but their life...like a game to see how much they can make one suffer. My heart breaks for his parents, their only child. Nail those men! Worst thing would be for them to keep getting away with their actions...because they think they are so smart. Tears.

Eleven more members of a Penn State fraternity are headed to trial over the death of a pledge after a judge ruled today prosecutors put on enough evidence to support hazing and alcohol-related criminal charges.

The Judge dismissed the most serious charges against the defendants. All reckless endangerment counts and allegations that a member of now-shuttered Beta Theta Pi had erased basement security video to thwart investigators were thrown out.

All 11 face at least one count of hazing and at least one alcohol-related charge for the events that occurred that night.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-penn-state-fraternity-death-20180507-story.html

Eleven more members of a Penn State fraternity are headed to trial over the death of a pledge after a judge ruled today prosecutors put on enough evidence to support hazing and alcohol-related criminal charges.

The Judge dismissed the most serious charges against the defendants. All reckless endangerment counts and allegations that a member of now-shuttered Beta Theta Pi had erased basement security video to thwart investigators were thrown out.

All 11 face at least one count of hazing and at least one alcohol-related charge for the events that occurred that night.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-penn-state-fraternity-death-20180507-story.html

So a slap on the wrist IF they're convicted. Unbelievable.

I will never forget reactions of others on this thread together with my own when this horrid case came out.

How sickened and saddened we were/are when we learned of the details, and then the gut-punching fact that the basement tape had been erased before the L.E. could apprehend it.

Tim's family was so brave at the time - I couldn't even imagine having one iota of the strength they showed. We grieved with them.

The legal aspect of this case right now is nowhere near how any of us believed it would be. To me, it is unconscionable.

However not one of the accused have truly emerged from this unscathed and that is how it should be.

This will follow them all of their lives.

The names and faces of the accused will crop up in the newspapers now and then. Tim's memory will continue to be honored and the accused names will come up. And there's also Google or any type of search with their names. The link will show up.

Undoubtedly, public knowledge of their guilt in this horrible event will affect future personal relationships as well as their careers to an extent.

Their true characters were clearly shown when none of them admitted guilt nor showed true remorse or sorrow.

In my opinion, they are criminally responsible for Tim's death. Unfortunately my opinion doesn't count in a court of law.

Public knowledge will always be available linking these men's names and how they are each responsible for Tim's death.

There is a certain type of justice with how these men will always be associated with the torturous death of Tim Piazza. It is at least something.

Last edited:
First guilty plea in Penn State frat hazing death of Timothy Piazza

Ryan Burke "decided to step forward at his earliest opportunity to acknowledge and accept his responsibility," his attorney said. "We didn’t ask for a plea agreement; none was offered. We didn't think that was appropriate. We came to court, we acknowledged responsibility, and he’s prepared to be sentenced."

The fact that Ryan Burke "decided to step forward at his earliest opportunity to acknowledge and accept his responsibility," speaks loudly.

Perhaps he is thinking of his future as well by making this decision. It is the right decision, regardless of his motivation.

In my opinion, the responsibility and lack of remorse or acknowledgement will follow the others who played a part in Tim's death. It will end up being unfortunate for anyone else who does not acknowledge their responsibility in this.

Many people are watching this closely and I believe that the horrible actions/inactions of the others will definitely follow them into the business world.

It will affect not only their future careers but their personal relationships. These are consequences that will always follow them.

Tim Piazza should be alive and well today, enjoying life as he was meant to.

I am glad to hear that one of them has taken responsibility.

I agree. The ducking and dodging was a major part.of the issue. I am glad someone decided to do the right thing. Hopefully, other good ones will follow. I definitely think it was more of a "going along with a bad group decision" rather than a bunch of bad young men. But the lack of accountability was making that harder to believe. This guy at least did the right thing now.

Penn State Hazing Death Trial Date Set

A Centre County Judge set aside 20 days for the trial involving 21 members of the now-closed Beta Theta Pi fraternity, starting Feb. 6.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 21 for 10 defendants, and the Judge says they must appear in court in person.

Ahhh -- looks like it's really gonna happen.

I do wonder if any of those involved are/have been having trouble sleeping 1) due to what happened to their pledge "friend" or 2) about this 2nd trial which is going to happen soon. And their parents -- what are they thinking? SMH. At least we have seen one of them with a conscience.

I eagerly anticipate this one since so far, IMO, it has been a case of justice denied.

Great post borndem,

I will definitely be watching the preliminary hearing Aug 21.

Also, I certainly agree with your comment that "so far it has been a case of justice denied".

I agree. The ducking and dodging was a major part.of the issue. I am glad someone decided to do the right thing. Hopefully, other good ones will follow. I definitely think it was more of a "going along with a bad group decision" rather than a bunch of bad young men. But the lack of accountability was making that harder to believe. This guy at least did the right thing now.
bbm

I'm gonna have to go with "A bunch of bad young men" myself. There may be some, who were unable to handle/process what was going down, and kind of... froze and didn't take any action, that they may now, wish they had. Those will be the ones with true remorse. But I don't think this "bad group decision", would have been made without this really "bad bunch of young men".

Safeguard, I feel the same way as you do.

The way I see it is if he had been one of their friends, he would have absolutely been treated differently. He would be alive today. Timothy should be alive today. Their actions/inactions caused his death. There's no other conclusion.

Viewing the tape, their actions were unconscionable. The tape is so unbearable to watch, I find it shocking that the judge dismissed the most serious charges. In this situation I am confident that if these young men had not been from influential families, the serious charges would have remained.

Also, I am confident that their actions will continue to follow them throughout their lives. It is a small justice but warranted. It wouldn't surprise me if another of them wanted to plead guilty because of his conscience but their parents wouldn't want their "reputation" tarnished. We will never know.

I have the utmost respect for Timothy's family. May strength and love hold them tightly.

Safeguard, I feel the same way as you do.

The way I see it is if he had been one of their friends, he would have absolutely been treated differently. He would be alive today. Timothy should be alive today. Their actions/inactions caused his death. There's no other conclusion.

Viewing the tape, their actions were unconscionable. The tape is so unbearable to watch, I find it shocking that the judge dismissed the most serious charges. In this situation I am confident that if these young men had not been from influential families, the serious charges would have remained.

Also, I am confident that their actions will continue to follow them throughout their lives. It is a small justice but warranted. It wouldn't surprise me if another of them wanted to plead guilty because of his conscience but their parents wouldn't want their "reputation" tarnished. We will never know.

I have the utmost respect for Timothy's family. May strength and love hold them tightly.
I love this post. One of the best I've ever read. Agree with every eloquent syllable. They tortured that young man, watched, and laughed as he died. They enjoyed it. There is simply no way around that fact. But Justice for the wealthy and influential is often served with a heaping helping of undeserved leniency, if it's even served at all. God rest his soul.

Timothy Piazza case: First sentencing set hazing death of Penn State fraternity pledge - CNN

Ryan Burke, 21, faces sentencing today - he pleaded guilty last month to four counts of hazing and five counts related to unlawful acts involving liquor.

At the time, his attorney said, they didn't ask for a plea agreement and prosecutors didn't offer one.

Burke has admitted being at the party and encouraging drinking games with Piazza and other pledges. After the games, Burke walked around with a bottle of vodka and made underage pledges, including Piazza, drink from it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back