46)) Pittsburgh Missing Persons:

(412) 323-7141
Incident # 19-264-396

47)) Bring Tonee Home Facebook™
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Bring Tonee Home&em=1

48)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Tonee Turner - Missing - PA - بحث Google

49)) NamUs # MP63972:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

50)) Pennsylvania Missing and Unidentified:

Pennsylvania Missing Persons

51)) Some Others Missing in Pennsylvania:
Missing Persons Discussion
™ = Trademark
BOLO = [BOWL' low] = Be On the Look-Out

Cadaver Dog = Certified to Find Human Remains
FB = Facebook™
LE = Law Enforcement
Mon = Monongahela River
MSM = Main-Stream Media
NamUs = National missing & Unidentified persons system
SAR = Search And Rescue

Mysterious human remains found by hunters in Pennsylvania woods

Online sleuths have speculated whether the remains may belong to missing localwoman Tonee Turner, who disappeared more than six months ago.

The 22-year-old artist was last seen at Dobra Tea in the Squirrel Hill area of Pittsburgh on Monday, December 30th.

Community hosts silent walk and remembrance for missing woman

PITTSBURGH — Family and friends of a missing woman hosted a silent walk and remembrance ceremony in Hazelwood Sunday.

It has been nearly a year since 22-year-old artist Tonee Turner of Hazelwood disappeared.

She was last seen in December 2019 at the Dobra Tea shop in Squirrel Hill.

Her phone and wallet were later found on the Homestead Grays Bridge.

Turner's case remains an open investigation and her friends and family hope someone may be able to tell them what happened to her.

Organizers paused to offer prayers, not just for Turner, but for all missing people.

https://www.facebook.com/wecanbringyouhope/photos/pcb.2743058556011371/2743192095998017/
123992929_2743192102664683_8893787164272876305_o.jpg

I really hope this family gets some answers. It's so sad that this disappearance happened right before the pandemic shut downs began because it really took media attention away from this. I do wonder if Tonee got picked up that night. That's what my gut has told me.

From the article.
“Tonee is a human being, and she deserves justice, and she deserves the dignity that all human beings deserve as soon as they’re born,” Sydnee told Hayes-Freeland. “If you have information on my sister Tonee, and you know where she is or anything that could bring her story or her to light, you should stop withholding that so you can have a lighter life ... and allow Tonee to regain the human dignity she deserves, so she doesn’t have to continue being missing.”

I wonder if it happens in every city? Pittsburgh media has neglected Tonee’s case, Nalani Johnson’s case, and I am sure there are more.

“The basic thing is that we live in a society that values different people differently. There's more attention paid to missing white women, missing white children, because society as a whole is systemically biased towards white people,” Masullo says. “So this plays out both in law enforcement and in the media.”

How newsrooms, police departments, and social media fail missing people of color

I wonder if it happens in every city? Pittsburgh media has neglected Tonee’s case, Nalani Johnson’s case, and I am sure there are more.

“The basic thing is that we live in a society that values different people differently. There's more attention paid to missing white women, missing white children, because society as a whole is systemically biased towards white people,” Masullo says. “So this plays out both in law enforcement and in the media.”

How newsrooms, police departments, and social media fail missing people of color

No doubt it happens in every city. We can just look here on WS. It's wrong. It speaks volumes to who is "valued" in society. The media deems that as well.

It's not just race. It's socio economics as well. Then add in addiction, mental health issues, prostitution. Right there that perfect storm deems you devalued.

Don't even want to get started with missing from LGBTQ community.

Your compassion shines through @steeltowngirl . We all deserve to be cared for, and treated with human kindness and the same amount of LE help.

Tonee Turner. We care.

Q: IF she jumped from the bridge, wouldn't her body have either washed up by now or it never will? That seems like a larger river.

The Monongahela River is a large river. It’s flows south to north, joining the Allegheny River at the Point in Pittsburgh to form the Ohio River. Many bodies turn up, sometimes in the Ohio River, but not always.

A B-25 bomber crashed into the Mon River in 1956 and was never recovered!

DEC 27, 2022

ZBKRIPSQ7RACVTDNIOZLK22H3U.jpg

PITTSBURGH — A mural permanently sits in Hazelwood, perfectly capturing Tonee Turner’s vibrant spirit, and stands as a testament that those who know her, won’t give up on her safe return.

“When I drive past her mural in Hazelwood, I ask God to bring her home,” said Lisa Franklin Robinson, president of North Braddock borough council.

It’s been almost three years since Turner was last seen.

Last edited:

turner_tonee5.jpg
turner_tonee7.jpg
turner_tonee9.jpg
turner_tonee8.jpg

• Missing Since 12/30/2019
  • Missing From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Biracial, Black, White
  • Date of Birth 06/10/1997 (25)
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black zip-up jacket, a gray shirt with "Habla Espanol" in orange lettering on the back, grayish-colored cargo pants, and possibly a black head wrap.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) female. Black hair, brown eyes. Turner's nose and ears are pierced, and she has a labret piercing under her bottom lip. She has a tattoo of a spiral pattern on her left shoulder.

Details of Disappearance​

Turner was last seen in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on December 30, 2019. She spent a short time period at the Dobra Tea shop in the Squirrel Hill area, then left at 6:00 p.m. to take her usual bus to her home in Hazelwood.

The bus driver reported seeing Turner get off the bus on the corner of Hazelwood Avenue and Giddings Street, which was her usual stop and was near her home. Turner spoke to her sister on the phone around this time. She has never been heard from again.

At about 8:30 p.m., a man walking across the Homestead Grays Bridge about 2.7 miles from Turner's bus stop found her purse, shoes and a ceramic pot belonging to her. The purse contained her keys, wallet, cellular phone, water bottle and diary. On December 31, the man contacted Turner's family and gave her belongings beack. She was reported missing that evening.

At the time of her disappearance, Turner worked as a fabricator at Studebaker Metals in Braddock, Pennsylvania, and also as a ceramics teacher at the Carnegie Library in Braddock. Her family stated she enjoyed dancing and learning new types of dance. Police read her diary and didn't see entries indicating anything suspicious, although she did write about her sad mood.

It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning and her disappearance is considered suspicious. Her case remains unsolved.

Last updated February 17, 2023; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back