GUILTY PA - Troy LaFerrara, 42, dies in Craigslist thrill killing, Sunbury, 11 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"There are other issues involved here that cannot be discussed in an open meeting," (District Attorney Tony)Rosini said.

This case is surrounded with secrecy. I smell a rat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-married-victim-hed-told-16-young-sex.html

'If I get out of here I'd do it again': Mother admits Craigslist killer kept a horror journal detailing murders as she claims she would have spared her married victim if he'd told her 16 was too young for sex

By Ryan Gorman

PUBLISHED: 04:12 GMT, 2 March 2014 | UPDATED: 04:12 GMT, 2 March 2014

Elizabeth Dean confirmed an ex-boyfriend of daughter Miranda Barbour, 19, gave her a diary he claimed was her's just as the teen appears to have revealed a motive for the supposed killings - revenge.

Miranda Barbour told the New York Post from jail that she would have let Troy LaFerrara, 42, of Sudbury, Pennsylvania go had he stopped groping her when she said she told him she was barely 16-years-old - she was molested at age 4.

Dean did not deny the horror journal was filled with details on the murders, but stopped short of confirming exactly what was scrawled on its pages.

"Elizabeth Dean confirmed an ex-boyfriend of daughter Miranda Barbour, 19, gave her a diary he claimed was her's ... Dean did not deny the horror journal was filled with details on the murders, but stopped short of confirming exactly what was scrawled on its pages."

So is this diary also a part of Miranda's fantasies? Or is it more evidence that these murders actually occurred? And where is the diary now?

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...ller-miranda-barbour-had-traumatic-start-life

Accused Craigslist killer Miranda Barbour had traumatic start in life
Jill Burke
March 16, 2014

Miranda often spent weekends at her aunt and uncle’s house. “Uncle Rick” encouraged the sleepovers. Only later would young Miranda’s frequent complaints that her anus hurt, and once that her “pee pee” hurt, come to be understood for what they were -- the aftermath and evidence of multiple attacks in which she had been subject to anal and vaginal sexual penetration and fellatio. She had, in the words of the prosecutor, been “sodomized in every way imaginable.” It was one of the most physically extreme abuse cases the trial judge had ever seen, and it happened to a girl whom the judge described as “hardly more than” a baby.

In Richard Fernandez’s personal belongings, investigators found *advertiser censored* and a sexual abuse “how-to” manual titled “Fun With My Sister’s Kids.” The book “encouraged uncles, fathers and grandfathers to engage in unclassified felony sex acts with their young nieces, daughters and granddaughters,” according to a prosecutor’s description of it contained in court records.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...ontributed-miranda-barbours-issues-later-life

Childhood sexual abuse may have contributed to Miranda Barbour's issues later in life
Jill Burke
March 17, 2014

And as to the satanic aspects, for those who do not believe this happens, here is an entirely unrelated case from Louisiana from 2005:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pastor-Louisiana-inspired-True-Detective.html

EXCLUSIVE: Babies in black dresses abused while laying in a Pentagram, drinking cat's blood and Satanic writings on church walls: The twisted confessions of the pedophile pastor from Louisiana who inspired 'True Detective'

By Laura Collins In Amite, Louisiana

PUBLISHED: 00:51 GMT, 17 March 2014 | UPDATED: 11:40 GMT, 17 March 2014

BBM
In his confession, seen by MailOnline, Lamonica sat down and announced: ‘I want to talk about the dedication (to Satan) of a baby. It was held at the church, upstairs, in what was called the Youth Room.’

He went onto describe a room where all the windows were covered in black, ‘like black paper, keep it dark.’

There was a pentagram in the middle of the floor, he said and a book of ‘Spells and Temptations.’ On this occasion, he claimed, there were five others present: Austin ‘Trey’ Bernard III, then 36, Lamonica’s wife Robin, 45, church member Paul Fontenot, 21, sheriff’s deputy Chris Labat, 24 and Patricia ‘Trish’ Pierson, 56. All but LeBat later pleaded guilty to charges ranging from aggravated rape to sexual battery to obstruction of justice.Labat was charged with child *advertiser censored* but subsequently the charges were dismissed.

By the time the case reached Amite Courthouse, Louisiana in the summer of 2008, two competing narratives had emerged – neither of them gave credence to a Satanic cult though that was the story that stuck publicly.

To the prosecutor, District Attorney Don Wall, the case had nothing to do with the occult - any reference to that was simply subterfuge and an attempt by Lamonica to wriggle out of his own guilt by somehow claiming to have been ‘compelled’ by Satan.

http://www.hammondstar.com/local_news/news/article_bd3616f4-e624-5e1d-a5ee-1d4a5b7fda68.html

Agents graphically describe abuse
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 12:00 am

By Don Ellzey

BUBM
Federal prosecutor Lisa Marie Freitas, now with the Child Exploitation Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, was a special agent assigned to the FBI's New Orleans office in 2005.

She said Bernard described the rituals at the church, although the rituals were not the point of the FBI investigation. Freitas said he volunteered the information.

According to Bernard, the rituals took place in what was called “the room,” which was the church's youth room. He described how six adults would line up shoulder to shoulder and perform sex acts on his daughter or other children, who were passed down the line. The rule was that there would be no penetration or injury.

The rituals had a Satanic theme, including a Pentagram, the use of animals and animal parts such as chicken feet and the use of animal blood.

‘Craigslist Killer’ Miranda Barbour ‘a master at lying,’ says sis; blames stories on hit show ‘Dexter’

SUNBURY, Pa. — A woman charged with her newlywed husband in the murder of a man they allegedly lured through Craigslist made up the claim that she killed more than 20 people and is drawing on the escapades of television serial killer “Dexter,” her sister said.

Miranda Barbour is “a master at lying,” sister Ashley Dean told the Daily Item newspaper of Sunbury, Pa.

“She takes a lot of truths and puts the lie in the middle so when people talk to her they see all these truths and then they believe the lie,” Dean told the newspaper.

More at link-
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-claims-hit-show-dexter-sis-article-1.1741745

Alleged Craigslist killer Miranda Barbour makes court appearance
Murder victim left behind thousands of pages showing phone calls, Web searches.

By David DeKok, Of Reuters
9:30 p.m. EDT, April 1, 2014

The woman dubbed the "Craigslist killer" suspect appeared Tuesday in a Pennsylvania courtroom, where legal arguments focused largely on the online activities of the man she is accused of murdering.

The appearance in Northumberland County Court was the first by Miranda Barbour, 19, since she began making controversial claims that she is a serial killer with at least 22 victims.

Barbour and her husband, Elytte Barbour, 22, have pleaded not guilty to the stabbing and strangling in November of Troy LaFerrara, 42, whose body was found dumped in an alley in Sunbury.

Read more: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...-court-20140401,0,6308716.story#ixzz2xkMe6x1R

Some added details here. She continues to claim there were other murders.

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1984803883/Miranda-Barbour-Two-men-escaped-with-lives
She again repeated her claims of multiple murders and said she has not been questioned by federal authorities about them even though she was prepared to locate where some of them had occurred, from Alaska to Florida and North Carolina.

“I said before I would talk to them (FBI) about all of this,” she said, “but they never came to see me

Three murder locations mentioned by Mrs. Barbour in her second jailhouse interview were Big Lake, Alaska; Mexico Beach, Fla., and Raleigh, N.C. ...

“They are looking for full bodies,” Mrs. Barbour said. “They won’t find any. But they will find body parts” of runaways and individuals she described as bad people.

Search the waters of Big Lake, she said. “There is some parts in there.”

And Mexico Beach, near Panama City, Fla., where she said she once worked as a 15-year-old go-go dancer. “There is some there as well.”

She also said she dumped a body off Interstate 95 near Raleigh, N.C., but gave no other details.

This really cracks me up. And there's really nothing to laugh about with this sick case. But, how is it she's trying to get credit for multiple homicides, begging for LE to do searches, yet pleading 'not guilty'. Only in America :(

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/04/craigslist_defendant_seeks_sup.html

SUNBURY — Attorneys for Miranda K. Barbour claim the knife investigators say was used in November’s Craigslist-related killing was confiscated improperly.

A suppression motion filed Thursday in Northumberland County court is based on a technicality. The search warrant affidavit listed a Market Street address in Selinsgrove but the knife was confiscated Dec. 9 in a Water Street house with the same number.

District Attorney Anthony J. Rossini Friday expressed confidence the knife will be allowed into evidence because he said there is sufficient evidence to support a search without a warrant.

The owner of the Water Street home gave permission to search, the knife was not in an area where the Barbours were permitted to be and therefore they had no expectation of privacy, he said.

“In this case, given the area where the knife was hidden, we believe the owners’ consent was sufficient to sustain the search,” he said.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/04/autopsy_report_does_not_suppor.html

Torture, along with robbery, were the aggravating factors District Attorney Anthony J. Rosini cited when he announced he would seek the death penalty for Barbour, 19, and her husband Elytte, 22, of they were found guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Troy LaFerrara.

Rosini does not agree with Greco’s argument, citing a state Supreme Court ruling that states if there is some evidence to support any of the aggravating circumstances, the designation as a capital case remains.

A defense motion to quash the aggravating circumstances already is pending before Judge Charles H. Saylor but Greco explained it was filed before he received a copy of the autopsy report on March 31.

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/05/09/exclusive-craigslist-killer-miranda-barbour-tells-how-and-why-she-killed-248670.html

A few weeks ago, Miranda Barbour decided to kill herself. She says she quietly unscrewed the bulb from the socket in her cell in Pennsylvania’s Northumberland County Prison, smashed it on the ground and picked through the shards, searching for a piece sharp enough to slice open her wrists. She was dismayed that none of the pieces would do the job.

She tells Newsweek in an exclusive jailhouse interview that she didn’t want to end it all; she just wanted to hit the reset button. “I believe in reincarnation,” she says. “I wanted a fresh start.”

As she calmly discusses what led her to the jail cell, she is handcuffed, dressed in an orange jumpsuit and sitting on a hard plastic chair in a small high-security visitation room at the Muncy Department of Corrections in central Pennsylvania. She is 19 but seems years younger, has a warm smile and speaks in a quiet, calm voice, just above a whisper. “People think I’m a monster, but I’ve done a lot of good.” She claims her murders spared “hundreds” of young girls from abuse. “The justice system doesn’t work, so I did what I did.”

http://www.people.com/article/miranda-barbour-sister-mother-appear-dr-phil-show

"My mom made Miranda the way she is," Ashley Dean said as their mother, Elizabeth Dean, dissolved into tears. "My mom has been a bad mom."

Ashley went on to say that their mother was inattentive, had numerous men over that she just met after divorcing their father and even left her to babysit Miranda when she was 6 and Miranda was 3 years old.

"I just want to make it clear that it's not my sister's fault," she said. "She's not this monster on her own. It's come from someone else."

http://newsitem.com/news/judge-to-decide-if-knife-is-admissible-in-barbour-case-1.1697502

A Northumberland County judge is mulling legal arguments to determine if the knife Miranda Barbour confessed to using to stab a Port Trevorton man to death will be admitted as evidence during her capital murder trial.

The defense and prosecution questioned two police officers and a former roommate of Barbour's about the residence where she lived with her co-defendant husband, Elytte Barbour. Both are facing trial for the Nov. 11 murder of Troy LaFerrara.

Edward Greco, Northumberland County chief public defender, has motioned that the incorrect listing on a search warrant of the address of the Barbour's home makes the warrant invalid. As a result, Greco believes the alleged murder weapon should be barred as evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back