Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to go out of my way to find it. There was a thread on a certain website (whose name automatically gets censored on here) talking about "scariest doe cases" and one of the comments linked to the picture, which was originally posted on Instagram by a lady who works in the forensic field. The post caused a lot of controversy because it was tagged with terms such as "pregnancy", and people who would be looking for such tags may not want to see graphic content. From what I've heard, in previous years, it was easy to stumble upon the picture on accident, but in doing research for this case, I never saw it on Google Images. Granted, I wasn't specifically looking for it then, but as I became more interested in Beth Doe, I intentionally sought it out, as odd as that may seem.

Snipped for focus.

Really? I've stumbled acrossed it many times on GI, and I wasn't looking for myself, either. Just popping up randomly when I was searching for something else (which makes it even more horrifying because you are not expecting it and therefore less prepared to see something like that). I even came across it on Facebook! :eek:
I wonder, could there be different search algorithms or/and depending on your IP adress? I am located in Europe, btw.

Snipped for focus.

Really? I've stumbled acrossed it many times on GI, and I wasn't looking for myself, either. Just popping up randomly when I was searching for something else (which makes it even more horrifying because you are not expecting it and therefore less prepared to see something like that). I even came across it on Facebook! :eek:
I wonder, could there be different search algorithms or/and depending on your IP adress? I am located in Europe, btw.

If it helps, I just found it within the last week. I am surprised, myself, that I never stumbled upon it on accident while looking up information about Beth Doe or any other unidentified cases, for that matter.

If it helps, I just found it within the last week. I am surprised, myself, that I never stumbled upon it on accident while looking up information about Beth Doe or any other unidentified cases, for that matter.

It doesn't help at all, I know....

It doesn't help at all, I know....

I'm guessing you recently stumbled upon it yourself. Yeah, when I first saw it, it was very shocking to me and it made me want justice for "Beth" even more than I already did. You can tell that she went through unimaginable suffering, and the fact that all of this happened to her after she died and was completely able to do anything about it is just absolutely horrible. I think that the perp really went out of their way to be as insulting as possible.

I'm guessing you recently stumbled upon it yourself. Yeah, when I first saw it, it was very shocking to me and it made me want justice for "Beth" even more than I already did. You can tell that she went through unimaginable suffering, and the fact that all of this happened to her after she died and was completely able to do anything about it is just absolutely horrible. I think that the perp really went out of their way to be as insulting as possible.

Hi, I searched for it a long time ago and found it. I have it on file. But it's not the "real" pm picture, it's a retouched half picture, half pm/half recon. Never saw the complete pm picture, and IMO there is no need for that. It's not helping in finding out who she was. Maybe we should merge all the recons of her to get the best recon/representation. Or do a recon, using DNA, but even that could be of no use. (seeing the Parabon recons of Jane en Janet Doe, TX killing fields, compaired to their real pictures, I wouldn't have guessed, they were the same, straight away) Best chance is using DNA Doe project, IMO.

Wonder if this couple have ever been questioned about Beth Doe?

Jackie Schut killed mothers and stole their children in contest scam

Odd you should say this as it's been my suspicion for months now this girl was out of Washington state and I have found several ways that WSR applies to this state in particular . Including social services.

" A tipster told Lt. Bob Reginbal of Yakima, Wash., that a local woman, Jackie Sue Schut, 33, had killed a woman in Athens, Ala., while stealing her baby. Reginbal called Athens police, who confirmed the cold case there.

Schut fit the description of the killer — stout, bespectacled. And she was easy to find. She was serving a 10-year prison sentence for molesting a female relative. Her estranged husband, Harold Schut, 40, was on the lam for the same assault.

Police issued a bulletin, and Schut was soon arrested in Reno. He was itching to yap about his wife. He said Jackie was behind the murders of Clemons in Alabama, Jones in Houston and other women in as many as six cities.

Their big idea, he said, was to steal babies and sell them for $2,000."

I don't really understand were we are going to..people stealing (cutting out babies, and yes that sort of thing happens) babies.

I want to follow you...who is Clemons? Do you think this couple killed before 1980's already? She is thought to be of south-eastern European decent. Greece? Because I'm from Europe I can't get access to any of the news items about the Schut's from NYdaylynews.

Last edited:
Hi, I searched for it a long time ago and found it. I have it on file. But it's not the "real" pm picture, it's a retouched half picture, half pm/half recon. Never saw the complete pm picture, and IMO there is no need for that. It's not helping in finding out who she was. Maybe we should merge all the recons of her to get the best recon/representation. Or do a recon, using DNA, but even that could be of no use. (seeing the Parabon recons of Jane en Janet Doe, TX killing fields, compaired to their real pictures, I wouldn't have guessed, they were the same, straight away) Best chance is using DNA Doe project, IMO.

Yeah, the left side of the pic is the 2002 recon and the right side is the PM photo, while the hair that surrounds both sides of the picture comes from the recon only (I believe). I don't think the full postmortem picture has been posted online, and like you said, I don't think it's really all that important that we see it.

Someone DID do a merging of several of her reconstructions in an attempt to make a "new", more accurate reconstruction. It's after the introductory paragraphs; look under "other images" and it should be the first one : Count Every Mystery: December 20, 1976 White Haven, Pennsylvania Beth Doe and Fetus

However, based on the half of the postmortem photo that I've seen, I think that one of the earliest reconstructions of Beth Doe on file is one of the most accurate:

It appears as if this photo was done looking directly at Beth Doe's remains shortly after death because the facial expression shown in this image and her face in the PM photo are very similar.

All of the reconstructions are high quality, in my opinion, but this one stuck out to me.

Forgive me if I'm mentioning something already suggested- could the isotope testing indicate she might have been born in Spain? If she had ended up in Puerto Rico then the United States, that might explain some things. (I have relatives from Pennsylvania & I know there's been an established Puerto Rican presence in that area for many decades.) Someone on FB mentioned that Beth Doe resembles a Puerto Rican foster sister she had, who unfortunately is not locatable today (as of this moment.)

Also does anyone have Frank Bender's notes on his reconstruction sketch? I'm just wondering.

Yeah, the left side of the pic is the 2002 recon and the right side is the PM photo, while the hair that surrounds both sides of the picture comes from the recon only (I believe). I don't think the full postmortem picture has been posted online, and like you said, I don't think it's really all that important that we see it.

Someone DID do a merging of several of her reconstructions in an attempt to make a "new", more accurate reconstruction. It's after the introductory paragraphs; look under "other images" and it should be the first one : Count Every Mystery: December 20, 1976 White Haven, Pennsylvania Beth Doe and Fetus

However, based on the half of the postmortem photo that I've seen, I think that one of the earliest reconstructions of Beth Doe on file is one of the most accurate:

It appears as if this photo was done looking directly at Beth Doe's remains shortly after death because the facial expression shown in this image and her face in the PM photo are very similar.

All of the reconstructions are high quality, in my opinion, but this one stuck out to me.

Thank you very much for leading me to the merged recon. I agree that the above recon looks a lot like the half pm picture. The nose is probably not totally accurate, we have to keep that in mind. It looks like Beth had a small gap between her front teeth, that isn't that obvious in the other recons (Carl's recon show just a twitch of it) or is that just me?

Forgive me if I'm mentioning something already suggested- could the isotope testing indicate she might have been born in Spain? If she had ended up in Puerto Rico then the United States, that might explain some things. (I have relatives from Pennsylvania & I know there's been an established Puerto Rican presence in that area for many decades.) Someone on FB mentioned that Beth Doe resembles a Puerto Rican foster sister she had, who unfortunately is not locatable today (as of this moment.)

Also does anyone have Frank Bender's notes on his reconstruction sketch? I'm just wondering.
I thought the isotopes suggested eastern Europe and the south eastern USA

Can we get the original ISOTOPE report?
Isotope Analysis: In 2014, samples of her tooth enamel, hair and bone were sent to the University of South Florida for analysis. While not an exact science, the results suggest that she was born in Europe then moved to the United States as a child or teen. She resided in the States for at least 5 to 10 years prior to her death. She probably became pregnant in this country and most likely lived in the southeast, possibly in eastern Tennessee.

So - she was probably born in 1955 - 1960. What was going on in Europe during that time? Hungarian revolution 1956 for starters. The "Boy in the Box" (who was also never identified) was believed to have been trafficked during the Hungarian revolution of 1956.

Isotope Analysis: In 2014, samples of her tooth enamel, hair and bone were sent to the University of South Florida for analysis. While not an exact science, the results suggest that she was born in Europe then moved to the United States as a child or teen. She resided in the States for at least 5 to 10 years prior to her death. She probably became pregnant in this country and most likely lived in the southeast, possibly in eastern Tennessee.
Can we get the real isotope analysys? I posted this from a website

Nov 29 2014 By Bill Landauer
Investigators close in on Beth Doe and her killer
"Recently, an anthropology professor from the University of South Florida performed isotope testing of a tissue sample from Beth Doe's 38-year-old corpse. The new process can divine the chemical content of water a murder victim ingested, and then match the chemicals to a specific location.

The findings suggest the woman found at the bottom of a bridge wasn't a local girl. Rather, she probably came from western or central Europe. She likely moved to the United States as a child or teen and lived somewhere in the Southeast.

Isotope testing is inexact, McAndrew said, so none of that is a guarantee. But it's something. A lead. Another straw in the haystack the state police have been taking apart, piece by piece, for four decades.

The needle they're hunting: the identity of a young woman, perhaps days away from delivering a baby. Police say someone strangled Beth Doe and shot her in the throat. The killer mutilated her remains, slicing them with neat precision with a fine, serrated knife."

"BETH DOE VITAL STATISTICS

Estimated age: late teens to early 20s (year of birth 1954-60)

Estimated height: 5 feet, 4 inches

Estimated weight: 130-150 pounds

Hair color: dark brown (natural, not dyed), medium length

Eye color: brown

Blood type: O

Distinguishing characteristics: Small circular mole above left eye, mole on left cheek. 51/2-inch scar on left leg, just above the heel. No previous fractures.

Ethnicity: She may have been of Mediterranean heritage."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member