Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It still amazes me how Wrong the isotopic testing got it. It said she was from central or eastern europe and migrated to the southern United States 5-10 years ago. I was expecting a slavic name like Olga or Nastya. Maybe it was her ancestry that's traced back to that part of Europe.

It still amazes me how Wrong the isotopic testing got it. It said she was from central or eastern europe and migrated to the southern United States 5-10 years ago. I was expecting a slavic name like Olga or Nastya. Maybe it was her ancestry that's traced back to that part of Europe.

With the advent of forensic genealogy, which can tell us who a specific person is with certainty, there is zero need for a “science” that tells us a geographic region that the person MIGHT come from. Don’t be a bit surprised if it turns out that the Lake Panasoffkee doe isn’t from Greece at all.

Isotope analysis is a garbage pseudoscience that needs to go away permanently when it comes to identifying UID’s.

With the advent of forensic genealogy, which can tell us who a specific person is with certainty, there is zero need for a “science” that tells us a geographic region that the person MIGHT come from. Don’t be a bit surprised if it turns out that the Lake Panasoffkee doe isn’t from Greece at all.

Isotope analysis is a garbage pseudoscience that needs to go away permanently when it comes to identifying UID’s.

I seriously want to know how they presumably messed it up so fully. Was she eating food and drinking prepackaged drinks from that region? It doesn't appear her family was military and/or had spent any time there.

Based on that second pic, she really does look like the 2002 reconstructions and the one Carl Koppelman made a few years back.

The second photo looks to be the age dear death. If so, I'd say none of the reconstructions were particularly good. If I had to pick one as most accurate I'd say the initial drawing. That one depicts narrow eyes and someone who may have used glasses.

Lack of glasses and apparently shorter than typical hair threw off the reconstruction attempts. That may have been the killer's intention. Consequently I never would have expected family or friends to recognize Evelyn based on any of the depictions, even if they had seen them.

I'll say he never killed again. That's always an easy advantage, to say no to that question. Everyone is focusing on recent knowledge of the barbaric crime, then assigning the same variables to apply again and again. They won't apply again and again. She was young and pregnant and he was a lowlife who didn't know how to handle the situation. No matter how despicable these guys are they do learn how to avoid the same combination. So next time make sure the girl is not still in high school. Make sure she has a means of support. Make sure she doesn't get pregnant. And so forth. Somehow everyone envisions these guys out on the street every night looking to chop someone up.

We're going to continue to have one Doe or murder after another linked to guys with nothing or next to nothing on their record. It's every bit as dependable as the Does coming from troubled homes with less than ideal family dynamic.

I seriously want to know how they presumably messed it up so fully. Was she eating food and drinking prepackaged drinks from that region? It doesn't appear her family was military and/or had spent any time there.
It's based on probabilities, isn't it? Seems to me that the results were likely that there was a say, 95% chance based on the data, so presumably the 5% it was incorrect turned out to be the case. (these are numbers made up for example's sake)

Anyways, can't imagine isotopes will continue to be used much in future UID investigations, especially considering the cost (pretty expensive if I recall correctly). Seems that money is better spent on extraction and sequencing for FGG.

Why is a 15yo girl full-term pregnant and living with a man? Isn’t she supposed to be at home doing her school homework? Man, I try to refrain from critique but the family portrays the situation as though the constellation was completely normal.

There must have been some guidance from out the universe in the cases of Grace and Beth Doe. Both identities came out so close to each other. Shawna's second name was Beth...The baby girls name was planned to be Emily Grace. Or is this just me having a bit of hope...

Why is a 15yo girl full-term pregnant and living with a man? Isn’t she supposed to be at home doing her school homework? Man, I try to refrain from critique but the family portrays the situation as though the constellation was completely normal.
I have the same questions but I also try to remind myself that we're not the ones to judge. Also, the only answer that comes to my mind is, sadly, this one: different times. Still, even for 1976 doesn't seem right that a 15 year old girl should be pregnant and living with her 18 or 19 year old boyfriend but... yeah. Different times. Still happens these days. I knew a girl who lived with her grandma, got pregnant at 15 (it was around 2012) and the grandma got so angry that she kicked her out of the house, so she had no choice, she had to go live with the baby's father (who was in his mid twenties I think). Evelyn at least seemed to have some support from her family, so maybe they just accepted the situation. Luis was said to be very controlling of Evelyn, maybe he made some threats to her and her family?Hard to make sense of their situation after all these years, but judging the family is not the way to go. They probably did what they thought was right at the time or what they felt like they had to do.

Cultural differences too, perhaps? Also, if Evelyn was about to become a mom, maybe she was planning to take time off from school. Luis was working, and an adult, so they may have planned to marry.

I grew up in rural New England, and we even had a few very young pregnant girls (12, 13, 14), AND we had some situations where *very* young couples (like Evelyn) who were not pregnant lived together. (Late 70s/early mid 80s) Now of course, this would be looked at differently, but back then it was more...accepted?

I have a friend who moved in with her boyfriend at 14, they got married a few years later, and they're still together today. She's 50. They're very happy, their kids have graduated college, etc. As a parent myself, I look at this and think OH HELL NO, but I know things were a bit different a few decades ago.....

This has some interesting information I hadn’t read before. Apparently Evelyn looked nothing like the reconstructions. It also states LS was the author of the letter sent to her family. I take it that’s what the family suspects. So sad about the baby carriage.

Family stunned to learn ‘Beth Doe’ was long-lost Jersey City teen

“I went inside, and I saw the baby carriage, it was like one of those 1940′s baby carriages, black with big wheels, in the kitchen but there was nobody there,” said Luis, who now lives in Stroudsburg, PA.

“(Sierra) wrote a letter to my mother on Second Street stating that ‘Don’t worry about them. They moved. They already had a baby boy. He was nine pounds.’”

I mean as someone else pointed is weird by might have been the culture she grown up too.
My dad engaged me to a man 10 (25)years my senior when I was 15 and this was back in 2014 almost 40 years after.
He was abusive too making me send him a photo everywhere I was or with whoever I was.
My dad reasons: He thought it was beter if I get engaged as he didn’t believe that school is that important for girls.
Thank God was in my side and that ended in few months.
I’m almost now 22,living in a different state and studying I can only imagine how Evelyn life would been if she never meet him or if she and her baby would get away :/

Cultural differences too, perhaps? Also, if Evelyn was about to become a mom, maybe she was planning to take time off from school. Luis was working, and an adult, so they may have planned to marry.

I grew up in rural New England, and we even had a few very young pregnant girls (12, 13, 14), AND we had some situations where *very* young couples (like Evelyn) who were not pregnant lived together. (Late 70s/early mid 80s) Now of course, this would be looked at differently, but back then it was more...accepted?

I have a friend who moved in with her boyfriend at 14, they got married a few years later, and they're still together today. She's 50. They're very happy, their kids have graduated college, etc. As a parent myself, I look at this and think OH HELL NO, but I know things were a bit different a few decades ago.....

While I was in HS in the 80s, we had what I called the token pregnant girl each year. There seemed to be one in each grade in high school, every year, starting when I was in the 8th grade. There was a little bit of stigma with it, something whispered about, but it wasn't a big deal, having babies out of wedlock was starting to lose its taboo by then.

While I also find it hard to understand their reasoning, I'm sure the family has plenty of regrets now so there's no need to pile on.

By now it's pretty obvious most UIDs are people whose cases haven't been enetered into NamUs and such or people who haven't been reported at all for whatever reason. I wish the LE and/or the news would start encouraging families with a missing relative to file a report and submit DNA. Better late than never.

By now it's pretty obvious most UIDs are people whose cases haven't been enetered into NamUs and such or people who haven't been reported at all for whatever reason.
Don't forget LE refusing to take a mp report in the first place; taking the mp report, but not investigate the matter further; so-called "low priority" cases where the mp is considered a runaway, sex worker, etc., or just simply purging the cases when the mp aged out, the case closed, so on, so on.. :rolleyes:

I know this just makes me think of how many others have isotopes that are wrong.. Little Miss Panasoffkee just keeps coming to mind... was she really from Greece or like you said was it just part of her ancestry..

If someone drinks nothing but Fiji Water, would isotopes indicate that the individual came from Fiji? If someone drank nothing but Foster’s Beer, would isotopes say that individual came from Australia?

That’s one of the many problems with isotope analysis; having readings based on the makeup of tap water from a certain region...what if they never drank tap water???

If someone drinks nothing but Fiji Water, would isotopes indicate that the individual came from Fiji? If someone drank nothing but Foster’s Beer, would isotopes say that individual came from Australia?

That’s one of the many problems with isotope analysis; having readings based on the makeup of tap water from a certain region...what if they never drank tap water???
Wow good point!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@
Back