Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oops, too late to edit my post should have noticed that Roginski disappeared in 73 and Beth was found in 76.

Rosemarie has DNA available. (That's how she was ruled out as Perry County Jane Doe - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) ) If she were Beth Doe, there should've been a DNA hit.

Additionally, her hair looks considerably lighter than Beth Doe's.
JMO

True... However, I didn't see her name on the exclusion list...

Hair color is another thing - maybe she dyed it back then... This is most likely long stretch, but I was just curious what others would think...

Hmmm....If she did not have DNA, I would say submit her. There have been so many different versions of Beth Doe, I wouldn't let hair be a rule out. It is hard to tell from a photo anyway what her hair really looked like.

Even with DNA available, you never know. They might have overlooked her somehow....

Folks,

probability says she was a Cuban immigrant between 65-73 (Freedom Flights) who was briefly taken from parents upon arrival in US. She was taken by H.E.W. At least one year prior to death and placed in a state hospital in PA. Probably the closest to where she was found.
Look for missing kids in Florida from 73-75.

remember the newspaper found with her had a story about 500 immigrant kids from Vietnam.

The letters and numbers on hand are WSR-57 which was classified during that time frame and it is used for surveillance of Americans besides its obvious uses.

The first name that comes up is Teresa Alfonso. More research is needed though. Good luck!

Folks,

probability says she was a Cuban immigrant between 65-73 (Freedom Flights) who was briefly taken from parents upon arrival in US. She was taken by H.E.W. At least one year prior to death and placed in a state hospital in PA. Probably the closest to where she was found.
Look for missing kids in Florida from 73-75.

remember the newspaper found with her had a story about 500 immigrant kids from Vietnam.

The letters and numbers on hand are WSR-57 which was classified during that time frame and it is used for surveillance of Americans besides its obvious uses.

The first name that comes up is Teresa Alfonso. More research is needed though. Good luck!
Teresa Armanda Alfonso – The Charley Project
Teresa Armanda Alfonso
  • teresa_armanda_alfonso_1.jpg
  • teresa_armanda_alfonso_2.jpg

Folks,

Can you--or anyone else-- clarify what WSR-57 might indicate in her case? Location where she was held? I see former radar sites in Miami, Pittsburg, etc. I'm not quite following...Thank you!

Can you--or anyone else-- clarify what WSR-57 might indicate in her case? Location where she was held? I see former radar sites in Miami, Pittsburg, etc. I'm not quite following...Thank you!

A while back I did a search of WSR along with the term pregnancy. The only thing that came up were somethings about Wall Shear Rate in pregnant women, something about psychology, and something else about Withania Somnifera Root Extract being tested on pregnant rats???
I thought the WSR could have something to do with her being in the late stages of pregnancy but I couldn't come up with anything solid.

In PA, I have found they abbreviate WSR to mean...Wild and Scenic Rivers.

In PA, I have found they abbreviate WSR to mean...Wild and Scenic Rivers.

Pretty sure I posted it upthread a while back--WSR is also the Water and Sewer Resources department in Bethlehem PA, which is about an hour south of White Haven. in 1976, Bethlehem was still a thriving steel town with a large immigrant community working in the mills. I can just about see her calling about her water bill and writing down the amount due on her hand.

I live in DE which borders PA. They have alot of waterways, parks, scenic routes, ect. I have gone there several times to hike, camp, and raft. I wonder if this was a route coordinate or something to do with a destination or direction. Important enough for her to jot down. I thought I read it was (fresh) on her hand...written hours prior?

I'm always on the lookout for Beth. This girl looks interesting.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP65214
Wanda Ann Herr, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact June 1, 1976
Missing From Gresham, Oregon
Missing Age 19 Years

Height 5' 1" (61 Inches)
Weight 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Wanda was last known to be in a group home in Gresham, Oregon before family lost contact with her in June 1976.

Could the WSR somehow be related to Wanda? I know in her thread, for example, there has been discussion about her name. Perhaps her initials? I can see an R and an H being confused

Could the WSR somehow be related to Wanda? I know in her thread, for example, there has been discussion about her name. Perhaps her initials? I can see an R and an H being confused

I wish we knew more about Wanda's circumstances - including where she may have been headed when she ran away from the group home in Oregon. Here is her thread I started a few days ago www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/or-wanda-ann-herr-19-gresham-june-1-1976.503700/#post-16112906

It is weather radar and was used during 70’s snd currently for surveillance of people. It can even track insects. She was taken by HEW and placed in state facility in PA. As were hundreds of kids and even some adults.

Another issue means that Beth Doe killer worked at the closest state hospital in PA and was probably transferred same week of the killing.

12 years ago the tip was submitted by an investigator and the facts were covered up by HHS to mask HEW involvement in a state police investigation.

Secretary Alex Azar has the files as does Michael Schmoyer at HHS Office of National Security. It is no longer classified.
I have written governor of Florida and PA for assistance in resolving this.

Attachments

• 20200610_235858.jpg
    20200610_235858.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 20200610_235923.jpg
    20200610_235923.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 20200610_235941.jpg
    20200610_235941.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 184
One thing i dared not question until now, (sorry) but was the fetus also mutilated?
If she was very close to giving birth, I wonder why they keep using the word "fetus" instead of baby plus provide the gender. It might be a good clue but I guess something investigators need to keep quiet. Such a sad story and the poor kid who found her was only 14!!

Never mind - I see the gender was a girl - posted earlier in the thread.

Mom and fetus found along river 44 years ago | Times News Online

Snips from the article:

She was a young lady, close to giving birth, when she was savagely murdered. Her body was dismembered.

Parts of the woman’s body and her fetus were packed into several suitcases, which were then tossed from an Interstate 80 bridge. The landed 300 feet below at the edge of the river, where some broke open.

One of the suitcases was found at the edge of the river. It contained the feet, hands, arms and pieces of possibly a chenille bedspread or robe.

About 30 feet away, the other two luggage bags and fetus were spotted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24
Back