Pair Claims Buffet Restaurant Banned Them For Hearty Eating

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why are people assuming this was an "all you can eat" buffet? Kind of scary how we as Americans are trained this way.

In my opinion, the original purpose of any buffet is so you can sample many different things, as opposed to just selecting a single dish. Americans have seem to have twisted this around to thinking they can eat more than a reasonable amount.

I've never had the stomach to eat more than 2-3 platefuls of food at a Chinese or an Indian buffet, and even then I am completely full and guilt-ridden. I suppose in my case I did have "all I can eat", and even then some, but it sounds like these men were taking advantage of this place, seeing as they patronized this establishment 3 times a week.

Maybe it's just me, but I have NEVER seen anything more than an "all you can eat buffet."

I think the restaurant thinks they will go out of business the way these people take food, not that they're trying to be the fat police.

On the other hand you have people who pay for children, such as my daughter, who will only eat a couple of things and they are making out like a bandit. I think the best policy is a sign that says take what you want, but eat what you take. My local Chinese buffet has a sign that asks that you only take a small portion of a food that is new to you, and get more if you want it. They also have a sign that says if you consistantly take food and waste it they will charge more next time. I think if people want to gorge themselves at an all you can eat then more power to them. If they want to make more money the can over charge for "Tums."

gotta agree with ya, Gonzo. Cajun is the way to go when you are anywhere near Cajun Country! I'm smack dab in the middle, and OMG, the food around here makes it HARD to stay thin! It's all so darn delicious!!!

Having said that, Houma is an oilfield town, solidly blue collar, as someone already mentioned. This guy and his cousin surely aren't eating more than most oilfield workers, they just eat more OFTEN. My mindset is firmly in the "if you don't want people to eat a lot of food, don't offer an 'all you can eat' buffet" corner. The waitress could use a lesson or two in tact, although for a Louisiana oilfield town, she didn't do TOO bad. Heck, I've heard a waitress tell a guy, "get your fat *advertiser censored* out of that booth, you've been here long enough."
If I ever make it to Louisiana, I'll be looking you guys up to go out an eat some of your food. You two talking about it, is making my mouth water.

If I ever make it to Louisiana, I'll be looking you guys up to go out an eat some of your food. You two talking about it, is making my mouth water.
I'd go with you Buzz..but I am too cheap.

Laissez les bon temps roulet!

So I've been told. Low maintenance and cheap.

People like you who don't like steak or seafood are what makes people like me very, very happy. More for me, yippee.

Although I do think any restaurant where the waitress can say "Get your fat *advertiser censored** out of that booth, you've had enough" is one where the next line from the waitress is, "And tell your mama I said hello, Cousin Bobby."

People like you who don't like steak or seafood are what makes people like me very, very happy. More for me, yippee.

Although I do think any restaurant where the waitress can say "Get your fat *advertiser censored** out of that booth, you've had enough" is one where the next line from the waitress is, "And tell your mama I said hello, Cousin Bobby."
I think that is one of the reasons my dh keeps me around. When we go to dinner type parties he gets all my food.

Lol at cousin Bobby.

Oh of course that guy's fat and probably his companion, too. I don't blame the restaurant for banning them since they probably refused to quit gorging on the crab legs.

I always thought that an all you can eat buffet meant just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no matter what ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh of course that guy's fat and probably his companion, too. I don't blame the restaurant for banning them since they probably refused to quit gorging on the crab legs.

Wow really? Even though it was an all you can eat buffet?

Plus he is only like 30 something pounds overweight...overweight, without a doubt, but not gigantic. My husband (who is 6'2" and 190) and his parents (both about 20 pounds overweight) once got asked to leave an all you can eat buffet that had crab legs on the buffet because they were mostly eating the crab legs and the restaurant didn't like that. If you are going to put it on the buffet and advertise it as all you can eat then you need to expect people to do just that! Those crab legs will not fill my husband up if he doesn't eat a bunch of them and he only wants the crab legs off the buffet not the other meats...

It's just not my thing. I am kind of a picky eater, in that I like things simple with no sauce and kind of plain. Don't like seafood or steak either.
--I'm picky too and don't like steak either, but I LOVE the Teriyaki chicken at the Wellington Mall food court, and, as for seafood, at some restaurants around here I love the Mahi Mahi

Wow really? Even though it was an all you can eat buffet?

Plus he is only like 30 something pounds overweight...overweight, without a doubt, but not gigantic. My husband (who is 6'2" and 190) and his parents (both about 20 pounds overweight) once got asked to leave an all you can eat buffet that had crab legs on the buffet because they were mostly eating the crab legs and the restaurant didn't like that. If you are going to put it on the buffet and advertise it as all you can eat then you need to expect people to do just that! Those crab legs will not fill my husband up if he doesn't eat a bunch of them and he only wants the crab legs off the buffet not the other meats...
--hey, these two guys are FAT,not just overweight--Actually at 270 pounds and at 6' 3", they are considered OBESE--In contrast,I am 6' tall and weigh only 164 pounds

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swexy
Back