GUILTY Panama - Yvonne Baldelli, 41, Isla Carenero, 26 Nov 2011

Feds to Pursue Charges Against Man Accused of Killing Girlfriend in Panama
4:36 PM PDT on Friday, Apr 10, 2015

Federal prosecutors are planning to file murder charges against the San Diego County man accused of killing his girlfriend in Panama and undergoing an elaborate scheme to cover it up.

Assistant U.S. Attorney W. Mark Conover writes his office will pursue charges against Brian Brimager for foreign murder of a U.S. national, according to a status report filed Thursday.

Brimager is suspected of killing Yvonne Baldelli, 42, who went missing while they were on a 2011 vacation in Central America.

The U.S. Assistant Attorney General in Washington D.C. recently gave the local office written approval to prosecute Brimager. Conover said they plan to seek an indictment against him before April 17 and arraign him on that day.

A grand jury indicted Brian Brimager with foreign murder of a U.S. national in girlfriend's death
IMG_0001.2Yvonne_Baldell_1_1_55182I5D_r620x349.jpg

Brian Brimager, left, and Yvonne Baldelli moved to Panama in 2011. — PHOTO COURTESY OF PANAMA-GUIDE/Orange Country Register.
SAN DIEGO — A federal grand jury on Friday indicted a former Marine with murder in the death of his girlfriend in Panama, where her dismembered remains were found two years later in a duffel bag, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said.

Brian Brimager, 39, pleaded not guilty in a hearing Friday to the charge of foreign murder of a U.S. national, a rarely used charge that must be approved at the highest levels of the Justice Department.

Brimager and his girlfriend, Yvonne Baldelli, moved from Orange County to the remote island of Isla Carenero in 2011 to start a new life. The indictment alleges he abused her and began emailing the mother of his young child, promising to return back to the U.S. and failing to mention he had a girlfriend in Panama.

Baldelli was last seen alive around the end of November that year. The indictment alleges Brimager killed her and dismembered her body, then disposed of their mattress in the ocean. Investigators found two suspicious searches on Baldelli’s computer from about that time, including “washing mattress blood stain,” the document states.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-pleads-guilty-killing-missing-girlfriend-30406288
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr/17/brimager-indicted-foreign-murder-panama/

In October of 2011, Brian Brimager, a newly retired Marine, was secretly carrying on two relationships in two countries with two women who each looked forward to spending the rest of their lives with him, according to a federal indictment.

To Yvonne Baldelli, 41, of Carlsbad, Calif., who'd recently lost her job at Procter & Gamble, Brimager was the charming musician who gave her a fresh start, whisking her away to a small island in the Bocas Del Toro province of Panama, says the indictment.

But when Baldelli's back was turned, Brimager would e-mail Kristin Werkhoven, 32, of Vista, Calif., who'd given birth to their daughter the previous year, and promise that they'd be together within a few weeks, according to the indictment.

Brimager, 37, resolved this quandary, prosecutors contend in the indictment, by killing Baldelli two days after Thanksgiving, covering his tracks, and then flying back to the United States to be with Werkhoven, whom he married on New Year's Eve.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20730650,00.html

I just saw this and had no idea about her case until the 48 hours special tonight. Even though they are form Southern California, near me.

It was Scott Petersonesque the way this creep was golfing and laughing and living the good life for three years while Yvonne lay rotting in swamp.

It is sickening that he sold a machete he brought back with him from Panama, on the internet, jokingly stating he used it to dismember a "stripper". No doubt that's how he felt about her and what he did to poor Yvonne.

I'm so happy this smug, arrogant woman beater and murderer is behind bars, indicted for murder and waiting for trial so he can stay in prison for the rest of his nasty life.

Oh, boy, Imjazzed, that'll do it for sure. I can't wait to see what grabbed you on this one. Thanks for posting the program!

I just watched it and I could hardly believe his audacity. The very idea. He must have had some kind of love for himself. Using her ATM card after he had killed & dismembered her. Oh, my stars. And his wife now is raising the offspring of that awful man. Poor child.

After leaving the Marines, did he work anywhere for any length of time?

Has anybody watched a Federal Trial that has been live-streamed? I never have -- I haven't followed a federal case that went to trial. I'm gonna look in WAT and Chatter archives to see if there is one there...

Yes, I too will be following this trial! Thanks for the link from the Holmes trial! :wave:

I just watched it and I could hardly believe his audacity. The very idea. He must have had some kind of love for himself. Using her ATM card after he had killed & dismembered her. Oh, my stars. And his wife now is raising the offspring of that awful man. Poor child.

After leaving the Marines, did he work anywhere for any length of time?

I know.. Just sooo evil.
And his wife is supporting him ALL the way. I just don't understand that.

I was in tears by the end of this show.

Has anybody watched a Federal Trial that has been live-streamed? I never have -- I haven't followed a federal case that went to trial. I'm gonna look in WAT and Chatter archives to see if there is one there...

I never have either but.. I'm so hoping we can follow this one live stream.
I want to see Yvonne and her family get the Justice they deserve. That poor family has been through So Much. Heartbreaking.

Let us know what you find out! = )

I never have either but.. I'm so hoping we can follow this one live stream.
I want to see Yvonne and her family get the Justice they deserve. That poor family has been through So Much. Heartbreaking

Let us know what you find out! = )

Thanks so much for mentioning this on the Holmes thread & posting the 48 Hours video...just watched it! Yes, heartbreaking!

So far, I have not found a live-streamed Federal trial... What's the big deal? :thinking: And maybe they are streamed -- through CSPAN? :dunno: Gotta check that angle out...:lookingitup:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back