Paperwork Details Elisa Baker’s Involvement In Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not to nitpick, but most of these subcultures aren't obsessed with the grotesque. Goths, Pagans, and those involved with virtual worlds are no more likely to dismember someone than anyone else. Even an artistic interest in the macabre - from Poe to art movements, does not indicate that someone could commit a heinous crime against another.

Let's not conflate EB's self-identification with actual people who are involved in these subcultures and/or beliefs.

Exactly!!! Very well stated!!! ITA!!

I've racked my brain trying to figure out what that "evidence" was. It has to be something that it wouldn't matter if they handled. I would at least think they wouldn't be so dumb as to handle certain stuff...anyway. So what could it have been? Phone? Computer? A tape of something?

I'm sitting next to you on the bewilderment bench, Teh. I've racked my brain and can't come up with a darned thing that I think makes any sense. Unless maybe something had been going on, and EB knew about it. She might have taken pictures, recorded something, kept a journal. Maybe she was already holding this "whatever" over AB's head.

(Yes, I DO know how farfetched that sounds. Just can not come up with anything else.)

So far the only law I have found that explains why EB's lawyer might be working towards. She is trying to get EB in a position to be charged with the misdemeanor instead of the felony charge.

§ 14‑401.22. Concealment of death.

(a) Any person who, with the intent to conceal the death of a person, fails to notify a law enforcement authority of the death or secretly buries or otherwise secretly disposes of a dead human body is guilty of a Class I felony.

(b) Any person who aids, counsels, or abets any other person in concealing the death of a person is guilty of a Class A1 misdemeanor. (2005‑288, s. 1.)

============

The wording is odd, but I am sure it is something with a logical explanation. The document says they verified it and collected it in the early morning and were in contact with the state by 11am.

In another scenario if I show up at my with a gun and say it was used in a crime, my attorney can and should collect it, and then turn it over to LE.

The attorney cannot take it, hid it, destroy it, etc.... but they can collect it and turn it over.

I don't think they went out into a field and took a shovel to a gravesite, disturbed evidence etc.... they seem to be professionals.

perhaps EB told her attorney where to find the TOOLS used....and if AB used these tools to dismember...and had his prints and Z's blood/DNA/tissue on them...it would point the finger right at AB...

As of right now...without knowing more....my guess is EB told them where to find the tools used on Z........moo

I think the lawyer is probably trying to avoid the death penalty.

LE knew it was a homocide well before EB talked, according to this new info. I'm actully surprised to hear she sang as late as she did.

And AB's lawyer still has him as 'shocked' about her death?

I'd love to know for sure what LE had early on, but we now know that it is actual evidence, not just one of them talking! Very, very cool. You go, LE! Justice for Zahra!

I so hope they can prove cause of death. Prayers that the evidence tells it all.

perhaps EB told her attorney where to find the TOOLS used....and if AB used these tools to dismember...and had his prints and Z's blood/DNA/tissue on them...it would point the finger right at AB...

As of right now...without knowing more....my guess is EB told them where to find the tools used on Z........moo

My guess would be close to the same. IMO, They went to pick up something that would benefit EB and implicate AB. I'm sure great care was taken when retrieving this item (especially if it would exonerated their client). For all we know, the lawyers may have found the item, photographed it in it's location and called LE without ever touching it. I'm going to guess it's something that has AB's prints all over it and not a single print of EB on it.

I hate to say this. I have read in cases where the assailant keeps a memento. I am going to classify this in that category. I am going to assume that the clothing, shoes, etc. that was worn during the dismemberment. (I am having a hard time here today with this. I'm trying to hold it together so bear with me please.) was disposed of. Maybe EB held onto something of AB's that he had worn. That would be classified as "significant" evidence, wouldn't you say?

I've racked my brain trying to figure out what that "evidence" was. It has to be something that it wouldn't matter if they handled. I would at least think they wouldn't be so dumb as to handle certain stuff...anyway. So what could it have been? Phone? Computer? A tape of something?

I believe somewhere in either the article or the motion it says the evidence was the gel liner from the prosthetic leg.

But that's what I'm saying, if it was the tools used, I can't see her attorneys touching them, they would have called LE, not collected them themselves.

I believe somewhere in either the article or the motion it says the evidence was the gel liner from the prosthetic leg.

So her attorneys collected the gel liner themselves? Well forget what I said about them not being dumb. :snooty:

So her attorneys collected the gel liner themselves? Well forget what I said about them not being dumb. :snooty:

Checking the articles now - will post it when I find it. This is what I recall being reported with the news of the motion. Will search it out.

The defense team verified that certain information provided by EB was reliable, as part of that verification the defense team located and collected as a significant item of evidence.

Later,LE found the gel liner at the Christie Road site shortly after EB identified it to be the site.

I had forgot to put the link. Here it is.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/111510+elisa+baker+bond+redux.pdf

It wasn't the gel liner. According to item 4b of the Motion on 10/22 the attorneys "located and collected a significant piece of evidence".

Then according to item 4e on 10/25 acting on info provided by EB law enforcement "found an object thought to be part of a prosthetic leg and specifically identified as a gel liner..."

Disregard Teh - Section e. of the motion indicates LE found the gel liner and EB identified it only.

Never mind :D

I'm sitting next to you on the bewilderment bench, Teh. I've racked my brain and can't come up with a darned thing that I think makes any sense. Unless maybe something had been going on, and EB knew about it. She might have taken pictures, recorded something, kept a journal. Maybe she was already holding this "whatever" over AB's head.

(Yes, I DO know how farfetched that sounds. Just can not come up with anything else.)

In the Homolka evidence was hidden until AFTER her plea bargain deal had been struck, whereupon it was released. They were videotapes that showed he to have been actively involved in the murders of two teenaged girls!

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka[/ame]

So, it IS possible!

This shows the gel liner is what Elisa helped LE find:

Attachments

• Gel Liner jpg.jpg
    Gel Liner jpg.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 54
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/111510+elisa+baker+bond+redux.pdf

Link to motion above. According to page 2, Item 4.b, during evening hours of 10/22 and early morning hours of 10/23, defense verified that certain info EB provided was reliable. "As part of that verification the defense team located and collected a significant item of evidence."

Reading ahead, defense turned over said item on 10/24/2010.

10/25, EB accompanied LE to several sites, at one of which the gel insert for the prosthesis was later found.

So what her defense team located was NOT the insert. (ETA, was it the titanium framework? Or some kind of binding that held the prosthesis to the stump of her leg?)

Perhaps...in the event he turned on her, broke their little pact.

Were we able to identify what it was that was dismantled in the living room (Photo 8/18) near the black, home accessory mini-bureau/chest on the floor---a cassette tape on top of it. Perhaps, the home accessory black, mini-chest was removed from within something---no reason it would be on the floor, and photographed (Photo 9).

Also, could something have been hidden in the space in Photo 10? What is this a photo of---lock or doorknob on left of photo?

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/zahra-baker/25649131/detail.html

Photos 8,9,10

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper