Patricia Garrido

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The 1/10/99 article says that none of the victims were sexually assaulted. Does that sound like PG to you?

I don't know... I'm not sure if they were forthcoming with a lot of info back then or whether Garrido could have just been involved with them based on drugs. Or maybe he attacked them and wasn't prepared. Could be all kinds of reasons, but I think someone else in the area was more likely to have killed the prostitutes... who knows if they had any connection. Go read what I put in the Timeline. Not sure - have police ever release all there is about Lisa Norrell? Something just seems off about so many deaths.

At quick glance, I also thought the Frederick's case against her BF didn't seem so solid.

I don't know... I'm not sure if they were forthcoming with a lot of info back then or whether Garrido could have just been involved with them based on drugs. Or maybe he attacked them and wasn't prepared. Could be all kinds of reasons, but I think someone else in the area was more likely to have killed the prostitutes... who knows if they had any connection. Go read what I put in the Timeline. Not sure - have police ever release all there is about Lisa Norrell? Something just seems off about so many deaths.

At quick glance, I also thought the Frederick's case against her BF didn't seem so solid.

There was information in the Lisa Norrell case that was blacked out and removed from documents prior to their release.

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/records.html

<snip>

Public Documents Remain Sealed

Such official secrecy, and the inaccessibility of what are normally public documents (See HOW-TO), have given rise to questions about why the Contra Costa County District Attorney's office dismissed charges against Shoemake, even though police have yet to charge a suspect with Lisa's murder. At one point police arrested two Pittsburg men, David Heneby and Garry Lee Walton, as suspects in the case. However, police released Walton the very next day and never charged either man with the murder, citing a lack of evidence.

Indeed, the mysterious circumstances of Lisa's murder are echoed by strange turns in the investigation itself, which is led by a two-man team of homicide detectives working out of an office in a temporary trailer at the Pittsburg police station.

The past year has seen other widely covered killings of young Bay Area women, from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park, eventually result in the arrest and arraignment of suspects. Lisa's murder remains a glaring and painful exception.

Many in this working-class town of 54,000 are anxious and upset. They wonder why the case remains unsolved. While the questions are many, the answers are few: How exactly was Lisa killed? What, if anything, did Shoemake know about the murder? And why do the police resist offering even the slightest details about the investigation?

The authorities, who have given only a heavily censored version of the coroner's report and have tightly restricted access to search warrants and other records, say they are only doing their utmost to ensure that the probe is not hampered by outside interference. Their requests to seal all public documents usually open to the public have been sustained by Contra Costa County Superior Court judges.

I think you were the first one to post this link Time. It's a great resource!

:snail: Do you think JC still felt as traumatic by age 29 as she certainly was
at age 11? Part of the disagreement between us is the ease with which 18
years in the Garrido household can be telescoped, when there may have been
a threshhold somewhere when the Garrido's went from lions to lambs, the
transition not to the polar extreme.
:cat: What's good news to me is that the children would have no recollection
of the "lion" phase, in contrast to the battery and malnutrition experienced by
our foster children, and enjoy good prospects for their future.

seriously this is a repeated thing.......why do you think they were "lambs" after the kids got there? he still kept them in the backyard sheds......brainwashed them all. that's just sick.

There was information in the Lisa Norrell case that was blacked out and removed from documents prior to their release.

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/records.html

<snip>

Public Documents Remain Sealed

Such official secrecy, and the inaccessibility of what are normally public documents (See HOW-TO), have given rise to questions about why the Contra Costa County District Attorney's office dismissed charges against Shoemake, even though police have yet to charge a suspect with Lisa's murder. At one point police arrested two Pittsburg men, David Heneby and Garry Lee Walton, as suspects in the case. However, police released Walton the very next day and never charged either man with the murder, citing a lack of evidence.

Indeed, the mysterious circumstances of Lisa's murder are echoed by strange turns in the investigation itself, which is led by a two-man team of homicide detectives working out of an office in a temporary trailer at the Pittsburg police station.

The past year has seen other widely covered killings of young Bay Area women, from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park, eventually result in the arrest and arraignment of suspects. Lisa's murder remains a glaring and painful exception.

Many in this working-class town of 54,000 are anxious and upset. They wonder why the case remains unsolved. While the questions are many, the answers are few: How exactly was Lisa killed? What, if anything, did Shoemake know about the murder? And why do the police resist offering even the slightest details about the investigation?

The authorities, who have given only a heavily censored version of the coroner's report and have tightly restricted access to search warrants and other records, say they are only doing their utmost to ensure that the probe is not hampered by outside interference. Their requests to seal all public documents usually open to the public have been sustained by Contra Costa County Superior Court judges.

I think you were the first one to post this link Time. It's a great resource!

Yes, it was all kept very much under wraps - the prostitute murders also. I hope the Norrell family has more to go on. However, I am really suspicious as to the whole dropping of charges against Shoemake and keeping those records secret. That was dropped by the DA very quickly even though a judge said there was enough to take him to trial. I think the public especially has a right to know when someone is charged with being a pedophile/child molester. I was trying to look back at archived articles also because you can get a better sense of what was going on with the investigation of one crime when another occurred. Who knows if it connects but I think a prostitute was murdered just the day after they dropped charges against those other two guys.

BTW... in looking through old articles, I have yet to figure out who the woman was that was found at JM Enterprises impaled. I posted more info on them in the possible victims thread and none of them says anything about a woman being found impaled on the fence???

I think the dropping of the charges against Shoemake is very suspicious also.

It was James Molino himself who mentioned a murder victim impaled on their gate, or fence, never saw it in any article.

Yes, it was all kept very much under wraps - the prostitute murders also. I hope the Norrell family has more to go on. However, I am really suspicious as to the whole dropping of charges against Shoemake and keeping those records secret. That was dropped by the DA very quickly even though a judge said there was enough to take him to trial. I think the public especially has a right to know when someone is charged with being a pedophile/child molester. I was trying to look back at archived articles also because you can get a better sense of what was going on with the investigation of one crime when another occurred. Who knows if it connects but I think a prostitute was murdered just the day after they dropped charges against those other two guys.

BTW... in looking through old articles, I have yet to figure out who the woman was that was found at JM Enterprises impaled. I posted more info on them in the possible victims thread and none of them says anything about a woman being found impaled on the fence???

I thank you sooooo much for the "time" in the research you're putting in, and if there is anyting you'd like me to do (via computer, cuz I'm about 500 miles away), don't hesitate to ask!
:blowkiss:

Well... odd no one can really verify who it was and when. I think reporters must have known also since they asked him about it? Not sure. Maybe a reporter can verify who is was.

I thank you sooooo much for the "time" in the research you're putting in, and if there is anyting you'd like me to do (via computer, cuz I'm about 500 miles away), don't hesitate to ask!
[/COLOR]:blowkiss:

Oh, that's sweet. I will! It looks like the archives I've been searching only go back to 1995. And, there could be other news paper archives yet to be found in the area or near Tahoe/Reno.

Is anyone aware of how LE knew of patricias situation as pg and ng were arrested? I am curious as to who made sure she came into the care of the county. Not important to the investigation probably, but I am curious if she asked for help herself, if ng, pg or Jaycee made sure that someone was aware. I'm also curious if they did a toxicology screen on her and what her mental/dementia state is at this time.

Since the PO was at the house the day before and it's reported that she was there I imagine he took care of it.

I can't imagine she will be safe once the trial starts...or even now. I wonder how she's being treated. Sure glad I'm not a nurse, I think I would be mean to her. :croc:

She isn't innocent, so, if people are being mean to her, she should feel fortunate that is all that is happening.

Since the PO was at the house the day before and it's reported that she was there I imagine he took care of it.

I can't imagine she will be safe once the trial starts...or even now. I wonder how she's being treated. Sure glad I'm not a nurse, I think I would be mean to her. :croc:

Alright, you give the PO much more credit than I would be willing to, but I will admit that thought didn't even cross my mind! Good idea my2sisters!! I kind of thought it would be pg, who is writing letters asking her for her forgiveness.:sick:

As a nurse I can assure you that even though it is hard to do you must put aside your personal feelings OFTEN!! When you are treating a drug addict that is in pain, and the strongest drugs we have available do not stop the pain, so they yell, curse, throw objects at the nurse, you still can't be mean. I will admit that I have been tempted to walk out, close the door and not go back, but in my honest opinion, that would bring me to their level.

It is easier, now that I am a bit older, as I call anyone that treats staff badly on their behaviors. I will often ask them if I were their Mom or Grandma, if they would talk to me that way. I then ask them if I am disrespecting them, which they answer no. I am respectful of their feelings, but not of their language or their actions. Being in a hospital is dehumanizing and you lose so many of your personal rights, but I wish patients would remember that the nursing staff is there to help them!! We have NO reason to mistreat them, and that respect needs to be a two way street!

This was not directed toward you my2sisters, just blowing off steam due to the fact that I had 5 patients the other nursing staff refused to care for last night, meaning I put up with a lot of verbal abuse last night, at the beginning of my shift. Bye the end of the shift, 3 of the patients said they were going to request me tonight.:innocent: The other two, "love this hospital now.":waitasec:

Patricia was taken at the time of PG's arrest to Contra Costa Medical Center. My best guess is that from there the discharge planner, possibly with the help of APS, placed her in a nursing facility designed to take dementia patients on MediCal (and they are usually hell-holes, I can say that from personal experience of 13 years of working in them!) I'm sure her other son Ron knows where she is...

I think she is NOT innocent at all...I totally believe she contributed to the length of time Jaycee was captive; and PG was able to pull this scam off. I think she could have done much about it.
So I do not care where she is, how she is being treated, or even if she is alive. :snooty:

I think she is NOT innocent at all...I totally believe she contributed to the length of time Jaycee was captive; and PG was able to pull this scam off. I think she could have done much about it.
So I do not care where she is, how she is being treated, or even if she is alive. :snooty:

Glad you pop in every so often to give us your opinion. There is no need to be snooty in this forum.

I think we all agree that she's guilty and you have read enough of the posts to know that's how people see it. So what's your point?

Patricia was taken at the time of PG's arrest to Contra Costa Medical Center. My best guess is that from there the discharge planner, possibly with the help of APS, placed her in a nursing facility designed to take dementia patients on MediCal (and they are usually hell-holes, I can say that from personal experience of 13 years of working in them!) I'm sure her other son Ron knows where she is...

I doubt she's on MediCal. She has too many assets and I imagine income to qualify for a medicaid program, don't you think?

I doubt she's on MediCal. She has too many assets and I imagine income to qualify for a medicaid program, don't you think?
Well, since the house was condemned and they owed back property taxes... I'm not so sure. What other income did they have other than ripping off Jack M? They can't use the printing business to pay for her stay. The vehicles are evidence and aren't worth much.

Well, since the house was condemned and they owed back property taxes... I'm not so sure. What other income did they have other than ripping off Jack M? They can't use the printing business to pay for her stay. The vehicles are evidence and aren't worth much.

Yeah, you're probably right depending on how much SSA she gets and if she gets anything from her 2nd husband's pension. I think to qualify for MediCal you can't have more than, something like, $1100 a month income. But I guess if she doesn't have anything left all they can take is her monthly income and the state has to put her some place. Unless her other son, Ron, is pitching in...right. haha

I was thinking the house could be sold but I forgot about it being condemned and the land isn't worth anything. Well, that makes me happier. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plumsy1
Back