Patsy and the 911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's funny, Camper.

Everyone, about saying "My God" indicating guilt, nearly everyone says it these days, one of those trends that must be ten years old already. I cringe when I hear it, having been raised in the Southern Bible Belt where we were taught to never "use God's name in vain", because it's not properly respectful. To us it just sounds horribly ignorant. The R's hadn't been even nominally religious for very long. They were what we'd call novices.

I admit the R's could be guilty, so in their case maybe it could mean guilt, and that they were trying to sound properly concerned and like everyone else who uses the words fairly casually as mere exclamation points.

You posted this:

Lol, A Talking White Horse?

That's funny, Camper.

Everyone, about saying "My God" indicating guilt, nearly everyone says it these days, one of those trends that must be ten years old already. I cringe when I hear
it, having been raised in the Southern Bible Belt where we were taught to never "use God's name in vain", because it's not properly respectful. To us it just sounds
horribly ignorant. The R's hadn't been even nominally religious for very long. They were what we'd call novices.

I admit the R's could be guilty, so in their case maybe it could mean guilt, and that they were trying to sound properly concerned and like everyone else who uses
the words fairly casually as mere exclamation points.

End of Eagles quoted post----------

Eagle you say - That's funny, Camper. - right at the beginning of your post, AND then carry on with a discussion about God, which appears to attribute something that I said about God, being funny, which I did not.

Mumble mumble. NOR did I understand your comment about a talking white horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you explain that comment IF you would please?

I admit, Eagle1, it probably wouldn't mean anything if not for the Ramseys' constant attempts to inject religion into this case as if it were some kind of irrefutable evidence of innocence. Pretty sleazy, in my opinion.

Camper said:
Interesting to really, really listen again to 'the' call.......

I did sit here and try to place myself in the position of making 'the' call myself, as IF my baby were gone, with my finest acting skill.

Hey I played Becky Thatcher in a school play once. Also was the front end of a white horse in a Kindergarten skit.........

SD, I have to agree that PR's use of the exclamation just sounds like affectation. And I wouldn't be able to quote the Ten Commandments either, not showing off. Thought some of you would have seen the two movies I heard about but missed due to assuming they'd run longer.

Camper, All or nearly all of us mix more than one subject into a post. SD, the only one who's posted afterwards as far as I know, seemed to understand it. I just Thought you might like somebody to acknowledge your memory, since you brought it up. In a new paragraph, I said, "Everyone" and a comma. We learned in school that means a new subject or new person being addressed. Incidentally, an afterthought, we had Lamar Alexander as Superintendent, who was in the cabinet of a former administration.

angelwngs said:
Burke stayed in bed.......... He heard his father tell his mother to call the police...The policeman looked into his room... He remembered thinking that "we would probably be TIED UP all day" and that he was disappointed that the family wouldn't be going on trip as planned...

("Tied up", also, seems very ironic terminology for a 9 year old to use given that his sister had indeed been "tied up", but even at the time of this interview, this information was suppose to be unknown to BR according to the R's. Also, even though he was only 9, "disappointment" due not making a planned family trip to their lake home and his KNOWING that this was because of his sister being "missing" does not add up to simply a 'child's disappointment'. I'm sorry, no way, no shape, no how! I KNOW Piaget's Cognitive Stages of Child Development Characteristics... THIS DOES NOT FIT INTO THE REALM OF ANY LOGICAL OR NORMAL pattern of thought process nor does it fit into Freud's Id, Ego and Superego of Developmental Stages of Personality. A younger child yes...maybe... but a 9 year old SHOULD have been more advanced than is evident from this statement reguarding his processing of an emergency situation which necessitated cancellation of a family trip... )

This whole exerpt from acandyrose.com just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end!

Below is a link to Freud's Stages of "Normal" Personality Development from

http://allpsych.com/psychology101/ego.html
I read your link on this, but I am having a hard time following what you are saying. "Tied up" is a Southern colloquialism. I was saying it from a young age -younger than Burke - to mean busy. My mom said it all the time "I can't come over today - I'm tied up with the girls all weekend..." I don't think it;s weird that he said that. If I saw cops around my house and someone was missing, I might well think "We are bound to be tied up with this all day!"

Without further knowledge of what happened that morning, it seems like Burke was kept in the dark and eventually shuffled away. Burke strikes me as having a relatively passive personality to begin with.

He obviously knew something was amiss...especially once the cops showed up. I can see him being disappointed about the Charlevoix trip being cancelled mainly because boys that age often don't know how to handle strong emotions - maybe it felt safer to Burke to be bummed out about missing a second Christmas than to touch whatever other enourmous emotions he was having.

I don't know and I'm not well-schooled in psych, but I just don't see his behavior here as particularly aberrant.

Also, an earlier post mentioned Patsy calling JBR "that girl." Again - that's a Southernism and it's considered an affectionate way of referring to someone - they're not just some girl, they're THAT girl.

Thanks for whoever posted the link to the 911 call. I hadn't heard it b/4. Just one other thing that seems to point back to the Ramseys....

southcitymom said:
I read your link on this, but I am having a hard time following what you are saying. "Tied up" is a Southern colloquialism. I was saying it from a young age -younger than Burke - to mean busy. My mom said it all the time "I can't come over today - I'm tied up with the girls all weekend..." I don't think it;s weird that he said that. If I saw cops around my house and someone was missing, I might well think "We are bound to be tied up with this all day!"

Without further knowledge of what happened that morning, it seems like Burke was kept in the dark and eventually shuffled away. Burke strikes me as having a relatively passive personality to begin with.

He obviously knew something was amiss...especially once the cops showed up. I can see him being disappointed about the Charlevoix trip being cancelled mainly because boys that age often don't know how to handle strong emotions - maybe it felt safer to Burke to be bummed out about missing a second Christmas than to touch whatever other enourmous emotions he was having.

I don't know and I'm not well-schooled in psych, but I just don't see his behavior here as particularly aberrant.

Also, an earlier post mentioned Patsy calling JBR "that girl." Again - that's a Southernism and it's considered an affectionate way of referring to someone - they're not just some girl, they're THAT girl.

Thanks for whoever posted the link to the 911 call. I hadn't heard it b/4. Just one other thing that seems to point back to the Ramseys....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case my typed word does not accurately express my location, I am deeply Southern and live about 15 minutes from your location. I am very familiar with the term "Tied Up" and its slang meaning. I have heard it often and I use it myself, however my two sons never used it at age 9. Reguardless, I still find it ironic that BR used that terminology, when, in fact, his sister had been literally "tied up".

I know a little about psychology as I originally majored in it as an undergraduate. Still, I learned more about pschology teaching school for 16 years and raising two sons than I ever learned in college psychology courses. No 9 year old child, falling into normal developmental stages cognitively or psychologically would primarily express unhappiness over not going on a trip to the lake, when he knew full well that an emergency involving his sister was the reason for the cancellation of the trip, IMHO.

angelwngs said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case my typed word does not accurately express my location, I am deeply Southern and live about 15 minutes from your location. I am very familiar with the term "Tied Up" and its slang meaning. I have heard it often and I use it myself, however my two sons never used it at age 9. Reguardless, I still find it ironic that BR used that terminology, when, in fact, his sister had been literally "tied up".

I know a little about psychology as I originally majored in it as an undergraduate. Still, I learned more about pschology teaching school for 16 years and raising two sons than I ever learned in college psychology courses. No 9 year old child, falling into normal developmental stages cognitively or psychologically would primarily express unhappiness over not going on a trip to the lake, when he knew full well that an emergency involving his sister was the reason for the cancellation of the trip, IMHO.
Well, I definitely think Burke was living in a dysfunctional family unit. My limited knowledge of Burke leads me to believe, along with you, that he is stunted in some key ways...or at least he was back then.

When I was a 9-year-old girl, I might have used the expression tied up, but I would have been freaking out and all in my parents business if I found out my sister was missing.

Part of me gets the feeling that Burke might have played second fiddle for a long time - enough to just kind of accept that role as his place in the family unit. Things might have been all about JBR all the time and this was just more of the same.

John seemed to be working all the time and Patsy was busy with JonBenet and pagents so Burke had to have not gotten much attention.

Burp, Eagle I am so sorry, I bumbled up on that one. I did not talk as the white horse I whinnied.

Plus the girl who was the back end of the horse did not want to be in the back, she was shorter than I. She asked me if she could be the front end, I said ok and we put on the horse SUIT. When we came out of the dressing room, the teacher noticed that the back end of the horse was bigger, and looked under the horse suit, and a very quick change was made.

WE could not see anything but the floor and our feet, I could see my horse snout bag with wires inside, and the girl in the back could also see my, well, hmmm.

Ya see I did not remember writing that in my post because I was obsessed with the PR call. Sorry Sorry Sorry!

So I am the back end of the horse this day, hee hee.

It's a Full Moon. Can you tell?

Another observation from having taught school... It's crazy how actions are effected by the full moon... Notice posts on any board, family or friends being a little more agitated, etc. Weather changes and moon cycles are so weird that way... Statistically, there are more crimes, murders, suicides etc. during full moons, seasonal weather changes etc. I noticed the beautiful color of the Fall leaves in many of the videos which were shot this week in PA covering the Amish school shooting... Christmas is also, statastically, a horrible time for suicides. However, until the Laci Peterson/JBR crimes I never equated Christmas with murder/homicide. I wonder what those stats are.

I wonder if it was a full moon when JBR was killed?

Camper said:
Burp, Eagle I am so sorry, I bumbled up on that one. I did not talk as the white horse I whinnied.

Plus the girl who was the back end of the horse did not want to be in the back, she was shorter than I. She asked me if she could be the front end, I said ok and we put on the horse SUIT. When we came out of the dressing room, the teacher noticed that the back end of the horse was bigger, and looked under the horse suit, and a very quick change was made.

WE could not see anything but the floor and our feet, I could see my horse snout bag with wires inside, and the girl in the back could also see my, well, hmmm.

Ya see I did not remember writing that in my post because I was obsessed with the PR call. Sorry Sorry Sorry!

So I am the back end of the horse this day, hee hee.

First, Thanks, Camper, I knew you'd forgotten mentioning the skit, and that it would be funny, and you realize now that I was just being encouraging. You'd said you were rushed for time that morning. It must be hard to whinny.

Now, changing horses in mid-stream again rather than starting a new post, changing subjects back to the thread title and all the Southerners' comments, yep, I remember all those expressions too, and that must be why we're more inclined to cut the R's some slack. Now that I live in Michigan, I still have the South in mentally.

Point I was trying to make earlier about their expressions, You never hear church people, north or south, say, "Oh my God!". Have to agree with SuperDave about the use of that expression. We may none of us be able to recite the Ten Commandments, but we know the general idea of that one about His name.

John seemed to be working all the time and Patsy was busy with JonBenet and pagents so Burke had to have not gotten much attention.

Odd boy out. Him I can have sympathy for!

He might have enjoyed less attention, to a certain extent. I forget which housekeeper it was, either Linda Wilcox or LHP, who said Burke also had an issue with bed-wetting that let up around the time he turned six - which is when she said Patsy turned her focus of attention from Burke to JonBenet, who was finally less of a baby and someone more worthy of focusing attention on. This would have been after Patsy's cancer was in remission and before JonBenet started doing pageants (first one, age four.)

Like SuperDave, I have only sympathy for Burke.

Becba said:
It sure didn't sound like she could relate to having a boy,while with JB,she seemed to overrelate to her.
I always thought it weird that in DOI,neither of them ever said they loved BR just as much as they did JB.I was expecting that to be in there somewhere.And the comment about JB being PR's best friend...that's odd to me.

Also if you remember, when JR was being questioned in one of the interviews with Smit and Haney...JR was asked about the PR / JBR relatiionship and he said.." they were.........(hesitated for a long bit and then said)" extremely close"

Good Grief!!!! What does that imply???

kactres said:
Also if you remember, when JR was being questioned in one of the interviews with Smit and Haney...JR was asked about the PR / JBR relatiionship and he said.." they were.........(hesitated for a long bit and then said)" extremely close"

Good Grief!!!! What does that imply???
It seems like she saw JB almost as herself rather than as her child.I've noticed kids who get abused are typically from those types of parents,and the parents don't much like themselves (despite outward appearances sometimes.PR did seem to try to overcompensate and overdo things in almost every area of her life.).So when their child misbehaves,they take it personally.
On an emotional level,they seem to be children themselves,instead of parents.

And if her daughter was trying to assert her own self, maybe she couldn't handle it.

I've been thinking~ JR being the CEO of LM a large company, I'm sure there is a security protocol for every possible scenario that might occur with company CEO's especially those that are involved in defense contracting. Insurance companies also have a security protocol for large company owners and those insured for large sums of money.

So, wouldn't you think that before this happened to JB that JR would've been briefed on how to handle a kidnapping situation? It doesn't make sense to me that if someone at LM was called early before the 911 call that JR would've been told call 911. Could've been told call the police, but warn LE that the RN says they're not to contact police (this is not mentioned in the 911 call) and not to call anyone else, but I doubt it. Don't you think they would've sent their own security over to the house? I don't think he called LM.

Unfortunate about those pesky phone records disappearing they could answer so many questions! I could assume they didn't call anyone, but with the disappearance of those records I know they called someone. So just who did they call?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back