Patsy Ramsey is reportedly very ill.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
K777angel said:
Part of being forgiven by God is TRUE remorse for your sins. And part of true remorse for your sins is making restitution for what you have whenever possible. For instance - if you have stolen from someone you must return what you have stolen or repay the debt somehow. Our criminal justice system's foundation is based on Christian morals and the Ten Commandments.

SO - for Patsy to be truly forgiven, it is NOT enough for her to just privately tell God she is sorry. Who can't do that? (It is one reason why the sacrament of Confession in the Catholic Church is so very healing and freeing - because to humble yourself to actually SAY outloud what you have done and to hear those words from the priest, "You are absolved of your sins in the name of the Father...etc. is not only more difficult than a private prayer but it helps take away any denial you may be holding onto by admitting it of your own free will to someone else. It is very powerful. - And as a little aside here is an important scripture passage on this subject:
John 20: 21-23 "He (Jesus) said to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and He said to them: Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you retain , they are retained."
This by the way, is only the second time in ALL of scripture - old and new, that God "breathed life" into man. HIS life. First with Adam - and then with his apostles giving them His power to forgive sins. (God forgives our sins THROUGH the priest). He also gave authority to the priest to "hold bound" or retain ones sins - and THIS is where an incomplete or insincere confession comes into play.
If Patsy Ramsey merely told God she was sorry and asked His forgiveness yet went on to lie and continue to COVER UP the truth of what really happened that night - she may not have actually received real forgiveness. It would render her "sorrow" - insincere.
It is known only to God - and of course Patsy herself.
I do wish her well if she is very ill with ovarian cancer. My heart goes out to her and her family. My dear mother died of ovarian cancer 7 years ago.
By the way - she when she was diagnosed she was stage 4 and the doctors told her she was DYING. Dying. She lived another 6 1/2 yrs! It happens.
Thank the Lord. :-)

~ Angel ~
Correct! There really should be some sort of restitution to whomever you've sinned against, when it is possible. But as you said, only God and Patsy would know how sincere her repentance was, either way.

We could go back and forth about religion all day! Obviously there are many different interpretations of the Bible among Christians.
I sin every single day. I gossip, I lie, I swear - I commit some sort of sin every day. I ask God to forgive me for my sins but I don't feel that I need to confess them to others in order to go to heaven.
I just don't think that it can be said that if Patsy really is a Christian then she must believe that she has to confess her sins (publicly, not only to God) in order to go to heaven. She may or may not believe that. She may or may not make a "deathbed" confession. If she doesn't it may mean that she doesn't have anything to confess or that she is still protecting herself or someone else or she feels right with God and doesn't feel the need to make a confession.

Seeker said:
Well thank God I'm a Pagan!

Clap..clap! Applause! Whistle!

Just think of all the poor souls who die violently, without a chance to confess their sins. Betcha hell is a very crowded place. I know planet Earth is getting that way.

Hell is arriving at the pearly gates and looking in and seeing all those folks that you thought you'd escaped from for good while you were alive.

There's no accounting for religious beliefs.

But, I digress....

Gilda Radner had Stage 4 ovarian cancer and she died, even though Gene Wilder kept thinking she would pull through. It took her approximately 3 years and she was in her early 40s. Here is her obituary:

http://obits.com/radnergilda.html

Kalypso said:
Gilda Radner had Stage 4 ovarian cancer and she died, even though Gene Wilder kept thinking she would pull through. It took her approximately 3 years and she was in her early 40s. Here is her obituary:

http://obits.com/radnergilda.html

Gilda, one of my favorites. Did she receive the same anti-cancer treatment that Patsy received and by the same doctors, and was her cancer more or less advanced than Patsy's when it was diagnosed?

I would think it would be a simple matter to inquire of her oncologists at NIH whether her cancer was classified as stage 4 or not.

Also, do you think she'd expect to get away with lying about the severity of her cancer in her book, DOI? It doesn't stand to reason, does it?

You only confess if you have done something wrong. I feel the police department should confess to the poor investigation and convicting the family in the press. I think the press should confess to so many lies that have been printed from unnamed source. The grand jury looked at this case for more than a year. Noone was charged. Look what also happened to the Lunsfords. Yes, so many people had them convicted of doing bad things to Jessica. It was tried in the press and on Forums. I pray that if any of you are falsely accused of something that you won't go through the same things as the families who do not even given a chance to mourn.

Confession? Give me a break! She has done nothing, so what is she supposed to apologize for? It's people who assume she is guilty who need to apologize to her. God bless her in her brave struggle with another bout of cancer.
Karen

AuntieKaren said:
Confession? Give me a break! She has done nothing, so what is she supposed to apologize for? It's people who assume she is guilty who need to apologize to her. God bless her in her brave struggle with another bout of cancer.
Karen
well put....

I'm so very tired of this ole song and dance that so many BELIEVE 1000% that SHE MUST be guilty. She's not. She's guilty of maybe hiring a lawyer too soon because they weren't looking anywhere else but I cannot fault them for that in the end. Leave this woman alone already please.

UKGuy said:
I wish her well, and hope she recovers. In the event of a fatal relapse, and if her religion is as strong as she suggests, then historically she would not be the first to recant and confess, full of grief, desiring repentance, and a cleansing of the soul. So dont be surprised if you read about a death-bed confession ...

I have no idea who killed JonBenet since I was not there and no one is talking, but I just have to be sarcastic here. Why would Patsy feel a need to confess and be forgiven by society since she and John say that they feel no anger towards the killer of their little girl. Apparently they got over it very quickly are they are sooooo christian they are on the same level as Jesus in the forgiveness department. There is something really fishy and weird about those two and it is so obvious in the way they acted after the murder. If they didn't do it, they are the coldest strangest people I have ever seen. I think that they are really not too intelligent even though they appear to be. They won't answer questions but will arrange for bizarre graveyard professional photos. A couple of sickos in my opinion.

Yes--my thoughts more or less precisely. If the R's are innocent--i.e., they have no more idea of who killed their daughter than Scott Peterson has of who killed Laci--they sure have a strange way of showing it. They give evasive--and, in P's case, sarcastic--responses to questions by the people who are trying to solve the case. They apparently get over the shock and get out of town as fast as their little legs can carry them.

Maintaining a web of lies strains the brain and forces the liar to try to hide from further "scrutiny."

In summary, someone who most likely is not innocent must therefore be guilty. I can't prove it, but I can infer it.

skybluepink said:
Yes--my thoughts more or less precisely. If the R's are innocent--i.e., they have no more idea of who killed their daughter than Scott Peterson has of who killed Laci--they sure have a strange way of showing it. They give evasive--and, in P's case, sarcastic--responses to questions by the people who are trying to solve the case. They apparently get over the shock and get out of town as fast as their little legs can carry them.

Maintaining a web of lies strains the brain and forces the liar to try to hide from further "scrutiny."

In summary, someone who most likely is not innocent must therefore be guilty. I can't prove it, but I can infer it.
What people who were trying to solve the case? The police didn't even give the house a thorough check over. How many kidnappings or murders had they solved? Did they ask for help from the F.BI right from the beginning?

the FBI was at the ramsey house shortly after the body was found on 12/26/96. this is well-documented.

RedChief said:
Gilda, one of my favorites. Did she receive the same anti-cancer treatment that Patsy received and by the same doctors, and was her cancer more or less advanced than Patsy's when it was diagnosed?

I would think it would be a simple matter to inquire of her oncologists at NIH whether her cancer was classified as stage 4 or not.

Also, do you think she'd expect to get away with lying about the severity of her cancer in her book, DOI? It doesn't stand to reason, does it?

Bwhahahahahhaha! Yeah, right. I challenge you to try and get any info by inquiring of her (Patsy's or Gilda's) oncologists. You don't mind the phone being slammed in your ear do you? They cannot release confidential patient information...even if the patient is deceased.

Stage IV is a death sentance...it is the most advanced form of ovarian cancer there is.
Here you go, everything you ever wanted to know (and some you didn't) on ovarian cancer from the NIH.

Voice of Reason the FBI was at the ramsey house shortly after the body was found on 12/26/96. this is well-documented.
But they never entered the house...they basically looked at the ransom note, told the BPD it was fake and offered to help if the BPD wanted.
Once the body was found it was no longer under the FBI's jurisdiction and they could not intervene without a request to do so.

Just so you don't have to spend too much time on the site...

stage IV ovarian cancer Cancer is found in one or both ovaries and has metastasized (spread) beyond the abdomen to other parts of the body. Cancer that is found in tissues of the liver is considered stage IV disease.

Survival rate after extensive treatment is approximately 5 years.
All Stage IV cancers have spread to other organs...

Also from the site

People facing cancer are naturally concerned about what the future holds. Understanding cancer and what to expect can help patients and their loved ones plan treatment, think about lifestyle changes, and make decisions about their quality of life and finances. Many people with cancer want to know their prognosis. They may ask their doctor or search for statistics on their own.

A prognosis gives an idea of the likely course and outcome of a disease—that is, the chance that a patient will recover or have a recurrence (return of the cancer). Many factors affect a person’s prognosis. Some of the most important are the type and location of the cancer, the stage of the disease (the extent to which the cancer has metastasized, or spread), or its grade (how abnormal the cancer cells look and how quickly the cancer is likely to grow and spread). Other factors that may also affect the prognosis include the person’s age, general health, and response to treatment. When doctors discuss a person’s prognosis, they carefully consider all factors that could affect that person’s disease and treatment, and then try to predict what might happen. The doctor bases the prognosis on information researchers have collected over many years about hundreds or even thousands of people with cancer. When possible, the doctor uses statistics based on groups of people whose situations are most similar to that of an individual patient.

The doctor may speak of a favorable prognosis if the cancer is likely to respond well to treatment. The prognosis may be unfavorable if the cancer is likely to be difficult to control. It is important to keep in mind, however, that a prognosis is only a prediction. The doctor cannot be absolutely certain about the outcome for a particular patient.

Survival rates indicate the percentage of people with a certain type and stage of cancer who survive the disease for a specific period of time after their diagnosis. Often, statistics refer to the 5-year survival rate, which means the percentage of people who are alive 5 years after diagnosis, whether they have few or no signs or symptoms of cancer, are free of disease, or are having treatment. Survival rates are based on large groups of people. They cannot be used to predict what will happen to a particular patient. No two patients are exactly alike, and treatment and responses to treatment vary greatly.

John didn't accompany Patsy to her treatements. Patsy's doctors (according to her) didn't give her a very good prognosis. She also states she was miraculously "cured" of the disease....she was never cured IF she ever had the type and stage of cancer she claims she would have been in her grave years ago.

Not to change the subject and forgive my ignorance on this case. But for those that say Patsy's guilty of JB's murder, what in the world would her motive have been? Just curious -- seriously.

gaia said:
Boy are you on the right track! :crazy:

Same one you're on!! lol Didn't we go through all of this several years ago?

:blowkiss: Good to see you posting on JB again...

Seeker said:
But they never entered the house...they basically looked at the ransom note, told the BPD it was fake and offered to help if the BPD wanted.
Once the body was found it was no longer under the FBI's jurisdiction and they could not intervene without a request to do so.

where do you get this information from?

here's where i got mine...a chat with steve thomas. think of him whatever you'd like, but i bet he knows more than you do about this case.

crimeADM: How soon on December 26 did the FBI become involved?

stevethomas: good Q, as Patsy on LKL suggested they weren't there. The FBI was involved from the early hours of the case, an FBI agent was at the house shortly after the body was found, the FBI was in the bpd sitroom during the morning while it was being investigated as a kidnapping. FBI wa sin early, despite Ramsey assertions otherwise.

ISPTRAX said:
Not to change the subject and forgive my ignorance on this case. But for those that say Patsy's guilty of JB's murder, what in the world would her motive have been? Just curious -- seriously.

Anyone? Anyone? It certainly can't be for financial reasons like other killing mothers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth
Back