Patsy Ramsey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is one of the big factors for me. The overmedication of American society very possibly led to a little angel's death. It could have been prevented. How many others can be prevented and won't be?!

I've used several anti-depressants in my life, including prozac. While the dosage is different depending on the person/doctor, she definitely admits in that quote that she double dosed.

Yes if you take any of those drugs you are supposed to take the same each day. You don't just pop these types of pills as if they are narcotics or mothers little helpers. This is also a sign of a bigger problem as far as her possible pill addiction. The addict always thinks more pills/bigger dose=better. She double dipped for this interview although in reality an extra 10 mg of Prozac wouldn't have helped or hurt the situation. Its the other things she may be taking(specifically the Ativan) that will impact the interview. I don't believe for a second she only took half a milligram.

edit: Even if we take narcotics out of the equation, antidepressants can cause extreme side effects as well.

singularity, so PR might have been prescribed Prozac, 60mg per day at that point in time

The thing that's weird about the strangulation is that it fits more in line with John or Burke given that they were both Boy Scouts and the knot strongly resembles a Boy Scout commando rope.

A section of the transcripts that IMO show Patsy is definitely heavily sedated. I realize grief of a certain magnitude might make you helpless, but check this out....

------

I mean our close friends that had been basically -- you know, I don't know what they were doing, John and my girlfriends were bathing me and feeding me and taking me to the bathroom. I mean I was just immobile for all intents and purposes.
-------

Not to beat a dead horse as I bring up the basement sequence often and I'm sure most of you have read this before....but we've got some new and/or returning members since this latest news. Here's the section of the transcript about the blowup between the Whites and Ramseys about what went on down there that morning....

TOM HANEY: In the earlier interview, and I think it was the one on April 30 last year, the Whites' name came up as because they were formerly very good friends that you called that morning, but people that you were now suspicious of or something about their behavior. Could you tell us what about them has changed and what you have noticed?

PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I guess --every --

TOM HANEY: Be candid.

PATSY RAMSEY: Well, everything that -- you know, I mean, everything. Our relationship was perfectly normal and fine, and like I said, there are close friends who called first thing that morning. And it was a very traumatic morning, obviously, for everyone there. And people handled things differently, and I know that -- but, suffice to say that Fleet and Priscilla, Fleet probably more so, just on a number of different occasions started reacting very strangely.

TOM HANEY: Okay. How did he react?

PATSY RAMSEY: Well --

TOM HANEY: What did he react to.

PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I guess the first -- let's see. The first time -- I mean, you know, after we found JonBenet, I mean I was just in shock and really was -- was not paying too much attention to things. But the first time I really realized that something was amiss was when we were going to go to Atlanta for the funeral on the Lockheed plane, and there was some like scuttle, confusion or something, why Fleet was not going on that plane. I mean our close friends that had been basically -- you know, I don't know what they were doing, John and my girlfriends were bathing me and feeding me and taking me to the bathroom. I mean I was just immobile for all intents and purposes. And -- and I just remember hearing something that John Fernie was going to detain Fleet because he was in no condition to be put on that plane.

TOM HANEY: No condition due to?

PATSY RAMSEY: He was -- and like I say, I am kind of like just catching, you know, wafts of these conversations. But that was my first recollection. I picked up on something that Fleet was not acting right. And they were going to keep him from going on the private plane back to Atlanta. So anyway, I didn't want to think too much about it, and then when we were in Atlanta, I just sort of remember Priscilla standing in my mother's living room, family room, you know, just kind of like this and saying, "well, I know what's going on" and she said, "if you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." And I turned to her and I said, "Priscilla, how can you know so much?" And I said, "I am the mother of this child. And I know nothing."

TOM HANEY: What was she referring to?

PATSY RAMSEY: I don't have a clue. I really, I mean, you know, so many times I wish I would have taken her up on it to see what the hell she was talking about. There was just her -- you know, it was just this kind of, I know what's going on here and you don't. And if you give me a few minutes of your time, I could clue you in.

TOM HANEY: But she didn't give you a clue or--

PATSY RAMSEY: Didn't say, didn't say. So that was like the second little thing. So then, let's see. We were at -- we were at my parents, and we had different friends who had come in from Colorado and my friends in Atlanta were putting them up in homes and what not, and my understanding is that Fleet and Priscilla had been invited by my brother and sister-in-law Jeff Ramsey to stay in their home. So I was in bed, and somebody, either my sister, or another friend who was staying there or something, said that Jeff had just called to my parents' home, and said that Fleet was totally off the deep end, had like gotten my brother-in-law and my brother-in-law is -- you think my husband is docile, my brother-in-law is, you know, very docile. Non-confrontational. So Fleet got hold of Jeff's collar, you know, like this, in his face, you know, being very confrontational.

TOM HANEY: Is built --

PATSY RAMSEY: Sorry?

TOM HANEY: Is Fleet a pretty good size?

PATSY RAMSEY: Yes, he's a large man. And anyway, Jeff had called and said to my

dad, they are on their way to your house. Do you have a gun? And I mean for Jeff Ramsey to say something like this in pretty wild. So I just remember, you know, somebody scooping me up and Burke up and my mom and all this and we went downstairs to our basement where my mother had set up some temporary beds and then like, you know, like thrown on the beds, like "don't anybody say anything" and you know, John and my dad were going to try to calm them down or something. You know. Just --

TOM HANEY: Okay. What do you mean again, what did--

PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know, Jeff was saying that Fleet is just crazy. He is crazy, he is coming over there, I don't know what's happened. You know, he's off his rocker.

TOM HANEY: Did he give you a clue though? I mean here your good friends--

PATSY RAMSEY: See, I don't know, because I wasn't -- wasn't having this --

TOM HANEY: The conversation?

PATSY RAMSEY: I am like hearing this thirdhand.

TOM HANEY: Okay.

PATSY RAMSEY: All I know is there was like some big hubbub here about Fleet and Priscilla were going nutso and they were coming over and somebody just crazy, he is crazy, he is coming over there, I don't know what's happened. You know, he's off his rocker.

TOM HANEY: Did he give you a clue though? I mean here your good friend's--

PATSY RAMSEY: See, I don't know because I wasn't, I wasn't having this conversation.

TOM HANEY: The conversation?

PATSY RAMSEY: I am like hearing this thirdhand.

TOM HANEY: Okay.

PATSY RAMSEY: All I know is this was like some big hubbub here about Fleet and Priscilla are going nutso and they are coming over and everybody is afraid of them and da-de-da-de-da.

TOM HANEY: So do they come over?

PATSY RAMSEY: They came over. I do not see them, but John I think called down or something, Jeff Ramsey said he did not want them staying with them. I think John Ramsey and my dad somehow got them to stay in a hotel or something. There in Montreux (phonetic). Then my dad said, you know, I don't know what day this was, all these days were running together. But then my father said that Priscilla called, I guess they were on their way back to Colorado, she called, my dad had just reamed him out, said that she didn't like what she saw in Atlanta one bit. She thought that everything -- that all our friends were, you know, hoity-toity, rich snobs and blah, blah, blah. I mean, just like crazy things. I mean, you know, here we are mourning the death of this child, for crying out loud, and she goes off on this cultural ventilation or something. You know, it just didn't, it didn't make sense. And then so I mean my dad -- (INAUDIBLE) -- so way that was kind of a little incident.

TOM HANEY: Makes sense.

PATSY RAMSEY: And then so I mean my dad is one (INAUDIBLE) so anyway, that was kind of a little incident. But I think some other things happened that I wasn't really privy to. I think John may be more aware of. But then the other time that was really frightening to me is, we had come back to Colorado and John and I were in Father Rol's office, in the church, and my dad was sitting out in the little waiting area. And Father Rol and John and I were praying, and Fleet White burst into the door, burst into the office. And he is just, his eyes are just wild. And you know, I kind of did this number, and he got down on his knees, and looked like --and had a business card in his hand, and he was leaning over to my husband saying, "you know what this is, John, you know what this means,
John, you know what I am going to have to do with this, John, I am going to have to handle this my way, John." I mean he was just on and on and on.

And I said, "Fleet, Fleet, what is it?" And he handed me this business card and it was a business card from some journalist or something, and it had a note on the back. And it said, I don't know exactly word for word, but something to the effect of, you know, Mr. White, there has been some question as to whether it was you or John Ramsey who removed the tape from JonBenet's mouth. You know. And about the sequence of the basement discovery. Because we had talking about this. Well, he said they are after me and my family now, John, I am going to have to and he was just like a maniac and Father Rol said to calm down and you know, he said, "I am going to handle it my way, John, my way, John and you know, Father Rol was just trying to get them to calm down. "It's okay Fleet," you know, "what do you mean by your way?" You know, calm down. You know, it will be okay.

----------

So not only was their speculation on who took the tape off her mouth(it was obviously John), their stories didn't match up on how her body was found. I am still amazed that they were so frightened over everything concerning Fleet and Priscilla that they wanted to make sure they had a gun when Fleet confronted them.

The big story right now is Burke but I wish Fleet and Priscilla would do an interview this year and clear the air on many aspects of this mystery.

Actually, at this late date, I am very much hoping for PW to give an interview to the media. I have lots of respect for FW, but I must admit that after watching their video-taped presentations to Colorado officials and reading snippets of FW testimony in their own quests for justice, it does worry me that FW was/is not quite up to par with his verbal communication skills. (I am referring to old videos of the Whites formally complaining to Colorado authorities many years ago)/

I'm hesitant to say anything negative about FW, because I am confident that he is a brilliant man. Maybe it was strong emotion, ,maybe public speaking is not his forte, maybe he was/is too passionate and simply unable to condense his immense feelings into a few words. IDK. But, IMO, PW fared better in her public speaking. I did get the feeling however, that she made an effort to keep within her role as supportive to her husband, not to overshadow him. JMO.

I cannot remember how to find the link to their video-taped presentations, sorry. :(

ALSO, now that we are quoting as many transcripts as possible regarding this case, I am now baffled by the idea/suggestion that the INAUDIBLE notations possibly being redactions of some sort. Do we have verified court reporters here on WS who can give insight on this?

(rsbm)
I cannot remember how to find the link to their video-taped presentations, sorry. :(
Fleet White's presentation begins here with Priscilla following:
https://youtu.be/KGO6nYhXAnU?t=2m32s

ALSO, now that we are quoting as many transcripts as possible regarding this case, I am now baffled by the idea/suggestion that the INAUDIBLE notations possibly being redactions of some sort. Do we have verified court reporters here on WS who can give insight on this?
I'm not a court reporter, but I don't think anything has been redacted from the transcripts. The "inaudible" portions are exactly that -- places the CR could not make out the words or phrases. There are also places where there are obvious (to us) mistakes made in what the CR understood and typed as opposed to what was probably said (e.g., John saying he found JonBenet with tape on her "legs." We know he said "lips," but the CR misunderstood.). There are also places where the CR made note of possible misspellings with the word "phonetic" in parentheses. That's how I understand the CR's machine works. The keys they punch while listening to testimony are for sounds rather than individual letters.

Oh, also here is the video of Fleet and Priscilla addressing the city council again less than a month later (TY, cynic). In this video, the grownup children (Fleet III and Daphne) also address the council:
https://youtu.be/xXCFYOV7rvY

...and then the council and city attorney discuss the request:
https://youtu.be/fO4FvEchgoc

ALSO, now that we are quoting as many transcripts as possible regarding this case, I am now baffled by the idea/suggestion that the INAUDIBLE notations possibly being redactions of some sort.
I think this is directed at me as I have brought it up a few times and have also been posting sections of transcripts for newer people getting interested in the case such as AndHence, Foreign Faction, Frankie, etc. as they had not read them before.

If anyone has an issue with me doing this, just put me on your ignore list. That's just a general statement, not directing it at you Corallaro. I know some people have been around for years and read them many times but there are also people here who get to find out info on the case they would've never known about had they not read portions of these transcripts.

I doubt all (inaudibles) are redactions. Never claimed all of them were. Its natural for it to happen in that situation. Having said that, there are way too many incidents when they are talking about something crucial and the conversation is full of redactions. I've seen questions where all Patsy's statements are registered as (inaudible) but when they say does she have anything else to say, she says no.

These are not coincidences. They are redactions.

I'm not a court reporter, but I don't think anything has been redacted from the transcripts.

I disagree

I personally think all the "- - - " are redactions. At first I did not understand the function of those symbols, I thought the speaker might have been stuttering, but since Singularity mentioned the redactions it made total sense for me.

A good example:

[FONT=&amp]5 TOM HANEY: But it's, it's, it shows --[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]6 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]7 TOM HANEY: -- pretty much, I guess, or can[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]8 you tell me when that would have been taken?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]9 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't have a clue why[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]10 anybody would take a picture like that. I don't[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]11 know (inaudible). Who took the picture?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]12 TOM HANEY: Well, it's on your roll --[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]13 PATSY RAMSEY: It's on my --[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]14 TOM HANEY: -- of film on your camera.

Do we agree this exchange doesn't make sense at all? we basically have to fill in the blanks.
[/FONT]

Don't have the time to go through it all but looking through my files, here are a few examples of what I consider to be redactions and not genuine moments where they cant understand what she is saying....

TOM HANEY: That is 73, 74, 75, and 76 now.

PATSY RAMSEY: (Inaudible).

TOM HANEY: That I couldn't tell you right at this moment. Do you remember any staining on that pillow the night you put her to bed?

PATSY RAMSEY: No. It was dark in there, you know.

-----------

That's not Patsy mumbling a yes or no and they cant make out the word(s). She's asking a question obviously about the three photos they've just shown her.

TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. 387 may be nothing more than just miscellaneous laundry, but I want you to look at it. Tell us if there is anything in there that sticks out.

TRIP DEMUTH: We don't need you to identify anything. I want you to look at the photo. The same
with -- I think it would be, let's make sure, it is buried, 388. Look at it, but look at the photo.

TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. 389, I believe we looked at that from another angle before. Anything you want
to add?

PATSY RAMSEY: No.

-----------

All we get from Patsy in this exchange is "no". Some clue is supposed to be sticking out in that photo they want her to focus on. We don't get to see her answers.

TRIP DeMUTH: Just for the record I should say that this, what we're looking at here is an article of some sort that at the top says 1995, three hundred new words from being off her (inaudible).

PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, I don't know. Is that (inaudible)?

TRIP DeMUTH: Uh-huh (yes). Do you recognize that at all?

----------

Fairly obvious one right there.

There are also genuine moments where Patsy literally says nothing.....

TOM HANEY: Have you ever suffered any physical abuse?

PATSY RAMSEY: Absolutely not.

TOM HANEY: In childhood, you know, dating, your adult life?

PATSY RAMSEY: (NO AUDIBLE RESPONSE).

TOM HANEY: How about sexual abuse?

TOM HANEY: How about anybody in your family ever suffered any physical abuse?

PATSY RAMSEY: Not to my knowledge.

----------

While I do agree Frankie, not ALL of them are genuine redactions. LIke I said above, there are too many sections discussing crucial aspects of the case and they have pulled info they do not want the general public knowing about. Its why some sections of the interviews are so confusing.

They even redact Haney and Demuth comments in certain areas.

Thanks for your input, Singularity. You found very good examples of notations of "(inaudible)" that do make me wonder if words were intentionally left out. I'm very glad that you and others are combing through transcripts with fresh or re-freshed eyes after previous readings. I assure you I meant no criticism to you or anyone else here. This case is one that the more one researches it, the more questions come to mind.

Don't have the time to go through it all but looking through my files, here are a few examples of what I consider to be redactions and not genuine moments where they cant understand what she is saying....

TOM HANEY: That is 73, 74, 75, and 76 now.

TOM HANEY: That I couldn't tell you right at this moment. Do you remember any staining on that pillow the night you put her to bed?

PATSY RAMSEY: No. It was dark in there, you know.

-----------

That's not Patsy mumbling a yes or no and they cant make out the word(s). She's asking a question obviously about the three photos they've just shown her.

TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. 387 may be nothing more than just miscellaneous laundry, but I want you to look at it. Tell us if there is anything in there that sticks out.

TRIP DEMUTH: We don't need you to identify anything. I want you to look at the photo. The same
with -- I think it would be, let's make sure, it is buried, 388. Look at it, but look at the photo.

TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. 389, I believe we looked at that from another angle before. Anything you want
to add?

-----------

All we get from Patsy in this exchange is "no". Some clue is supposed to be sticking out in that photo they want her to focus on. We don't get to see her answers.

TRIP DeMUTH: Just for the record I should say that this, what we're looking at here is an article of some sort that at the top says 1995, three hundred new words from being off her (inaudible).

PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, I don't know. Is that (inaudible)?

TRIP DeMUTH: Uh-huh (yes). Do you recognize that at all?

----------

Fairly obvious one right there.

There are also genuine moments where Patsy literally says nothing.....

TOM HANEY: Have you ever suffered any physical abuse?

PATSY RAMSEY: Absolutely not.

TOM HANEY: In childhood, you know, dating, your adult life?

TOM HANEY: How about sexual abuse?

TOM HANEY: How about anybody in your family ever suffered any physical abuse?

PATSY RAMSEY: Not to my knowledge.

----------

singularity,
Yes, this is similar to no follow up on certain critical questions posed by investigators in interviews, this further increases my assumption that the case is BDI.

It's a real head scratcher

three hundred new words from being off her....

off her what? I even doubt if the complete idea is gramatically correct

Agree with Frankie and while I do like looking at the evidence, transcripts,etc. from different angles, I never even tried to figure out what that line meant as it could literally mean anything. The off her___ could be god only knows but (inaudible) guarantees we'll never know.

A while ago I read here somebody saying Patsy not only disliked sex but she also particularly "hated" John's "prefered" activity. The user did not go into any detail or provided a source, can somebody tell me what he/she was talking about?

That would be a discussion LHP recounted in which she and PR talked about oral sex.

LHP Book:

http://someoneisgettingawaywithmurder.blogspot.ca/2010/11/death-of-innocent.html

"There were times when I would not have been surprised to come to work and find that John and Patsy Ramsey had filed for divorce. On one occasion, while I was working around the Ramsey house, a conversation Patsy Ramsey had with me only confirmed my suspicions that there was "trouble in paradise" in the Ramsey marriage. Patsy confided to me that she did not enjoy having sexual relations (especially oral sex) with John. After beating around the bush, Patsy finally asked me for help. Did I have any suggestions? She wanted to enjoy sex with John, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Especially not oral sex. Was there anything Patsy could do to keep her from thinking about his penis in her mouth and gagging on it? Well, was there? Patsy appeared desperate. Was there anything she could do about the salty sour taste of John's penis, and the pubic hair that would stick in her teeth? I was astonished. As a mother of six children, I had never run into that problem. Quite the contrary.

Before answering Patsy, I took a deep breath, stunned by the completely unexpected nature of Patsy's confession, thought for a minute, and then offered her the only advice a grandmother of ten children could give. Patsy, I told her, keep thinking about how much you love John and how this is just another way of showing him your love. Make love to his penis as if you were making love to the man. What else could I say. Either you love the guy or you don't. But Patsy's unhappiness and fear of John's penis did not end there. Sometime after Patsy's confession, I came upon her sobbing in the kitchen. When I asked her what was wrong, she explained that she had just spent the night crying her eyes out because John had yelled at her the day before about her being a lousy homemaker and cook. Clearly, there was more to John's anger than an uncooked meal or an unmade bed."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20
Back