penalty phase #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone capture the pic of travis with his Grandmother. That was such a sweet picture and the horror KILLER caused her!!!

here you go!

Attachments

• VS Travis and grandmother.jpg
    VS Travis and grandmother.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 65
Article from azfamily about the DT wanting off the case after JA's interview.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Arias-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied-207717531.html

Los Angeles-area criminal defense lawyer Mark Geragos said Arias' attorneys have a conflict of interest with their efforts to keep their client off death row and Arias' assertion that she'd rather die for her crime.

"It's not highly unusual," he said. "There are cases where defendants make decisions that they're better off on death row, but that puts the lawyer in a conflicted position. You've got a duty as a lawyer to bring the conflict of interest to the courts and disclose it."

Question.

Numri said the jury has to decide between death and Life in Prison -- JM objected but when they came back from sidebar Numri continued in same vein. . .

Can JM somehow let the jury know that Life in Prison may NOT be life in prison -- that if they go with LIP the judge can decide that she may be eligible for parole?

This is CRITICAL info for the jury IMHO. :scared::scared::scared:

I am sure this has been discussed...

But the TH's have said this phase will take about a week.

Really? I mean, Juan is done. Jodi will have 2 witnesses and herself.

Now granted, Nurmi and Jodi are quite the combination...trying to keep myself from a TO here! But can they really discuss that her life is worth saving for a week?

Are the 2 witnesses questioned and crossed...or are they just statements, like the VIS are???

The defense witnesses will be questioned and cross examined.

How nauseating is it that we have to sit through a presentation of Jodi Arias' "art" when her family has been busy selling that same "art" for $$$$ for themselves? They sure ain't paying for her defense--the People of AZ are doing that!

Classless.

hopefully JM can talk about that and I PRAY he know about her tracings too!!

Jodi has been feeling her face all day. It's the same stupid face feeling she's been doing throughout this whole trial. She's still manipulating the jury. Migraine maybe?

Originally Posted by Hopeful One
It's sickening to me that I can't google pictures of Travis (I wanted a new one for my signature line) without having to see pictures of his mutilated body and Jodi's nether regions. Ugh.

I agree, it's awful. I wanted a cute pic of Travis and Naps together and saw things I didn't want to see just from a google search!

I ran a search and called it "Travis Alexander Fan". There was maybe one or two crime scene photos. Unfortunately, the search threw up heaps of Jodi, who I forgot would have fallen into that category. Don't go there. Didn't see any new pics. I'll keep trying with different search tags ...

(I've uploaded one that's new to me, but you guys and gals have probably seen it already. It's a lovely one.)

Attachments

• Travis2.png
    Travis2.png
    215 KB · Views: 26
Actually, she is not tiny at all. Her chair is just lowered to make her look smaller than she is. She looks ridiculous today, like she's sitting in a hole....can I say that word?

Jodi is over 5'6" -- way taller than Jennifer Willmot when they stand up. It's a cheap lawyer trick, lowering the defendant's chair to make them look small and harmless. She has lost weight during the trial, however.

p.s. Travis was not all that tall -- he was only 5'9" (although more muscular than Jodi).

She is in a bit of a pickle when she gets up to speak (if she does) to ask to spare her life maybe. Especially if she sticks to her story that she was only defending herself he was attacking her.

Because they clearly don't believe that story, what can she get up and say now?

I know she is tiny, but why does she look so little today? Does anyone else notice this? It is almost as if her chair is bigger.

I think it's because she is a beaten woman, and she is sitting in a more slumped fashion.

And DB is going to come in and talk about a "relationship" his son had with Jodi as his care giver? Give me a break--this is the same woman who stopped by in the AM for HALF AN HOUR to "visit" DB's son on her murder trip?

If you cared about the child, you would schedule a real visit--not drop in for gas cans and saying "hi" a half hour before the kid has to leave for school.

The convicted killer was not allowed to be alone with his child. The ex wife had her pegged. I hope this comes up.

I am sure this has been discussed...

But the TH's have said this phase will take about a week.

Really? I mean, Juan is done. Jodi will have 2 witnesses and herself.

Now granted, Nurmi and Jodi are quite the combination...trying to keep myself from a TO here! But can they really discuss that her life is worth saving for a week?

Are the 2 witnesses questioned and crossed...or are they just statements, like the VIS are???

I think the TH are saying this phase won't be done until next week, court is dark again tommorrow, so by the time the 2 witness testify and the CMJA gets to make her rambling statement then the closing arguments and jury instructions, I imagine it will be maybe tues when the deliberations will start, but I don't look for that to take long.

Yep. Her hair is pulled back, so less volume around face. Her shirt is slightly too big. Her shirt is black which blends with the chair, less volume. Her face is slightly drawn from lack of sleep, probably from being yelled at by her attorneys to not speak during this phase, yet she insists.

I think her DT did that on purpose to rouse sympathy from the jurors. Today's Jodi is not about her beauty but her being sad and fragile. They made it look like she could break even at a gentle touch. It's their last, pathetic attempt, I'd say.

Jean C has put in a request to interview Jodi. I believe everything she says on air is said to have that request granted. Although, I don't think that would ever happen. I think she also has her eye on Jodi's mother for an interview. She seems to be going out of her way to try and form some kind of relationship with that woman. :twocents:

I believe jurors were crying. They're human beings, it would be difficult not to.

The way I understand it is that there will be no more on camera interviews with JA. JSS has effectively stopped all interviews by way of court order, which will probably not be lifted until the trial has reached its completion. Once she is sentenced, she will be in the custody of the AZ prison system which is notorious for not allowing face to face interviews.

Wild About Trial‏@WildAboutTrial5m
Not sure what all the controversy over jurors crying is but hWild knows hWhat he saw. Definite tears on their way out. #JodiArias

Wait, they're not supposed to cry? What r they supposed to do if they feel tears coming on....run out of the room??

The Attys are in Judges chamber with JA's friend Patty. Probably telling her what she can and can't say?

Samantha wedding video so touching sadly no travis present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo