penalty phase #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her DT did that on purpose to rouse sympathy from the jurors. Today's Jodi is not about her beauty but her being sad and fragile. They made it look like she could break even at a gentle touch. It's their last, pathetic attempt, I'd say.

I agree. DT has nothing to do with her today appearance.

Steven Alexander (SA): My name is Steven Alexander. Travis was my big brother.

SNIPPED FOR SPACE ONLY

He was meant to do so much more. He never got to live his dreams. He never got to meet his goals. In 2008 he wrote his affirmations on his Blog.

“This year will be the best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more, and be more than all the other years in my life combined. True, other years now past have been at times
magnificent, but not like this. This is a year of metamorphosis, of growth and accomplishment that at previous times was unimaginable. A year where the impossible will become commonplace and the unachievable will become effortless achieved, where I raise myself to heights only visited by the great men and women of this world and by so doing, this year will be the best year of my life. And how will I do this -- through compassionate service, random acts of kindness, unconditional love, and acknowledgement of the true source of all blessings with gratitude in my heart. And when I fail, I will learn from my mistakes. I will strengthen my resolve, be better than I was before. What will I do to improve my finances? I will work harder, yes, but more importantly, I will work smarter and learn to leverage myself and get more out of one day than I previously got out of a month.
I will succeed through integrity and through selfless service of others through the powerful forces and the structure of the mind I will tap into the source of infinite intelligence and be more efficient in all my endeavors and be an exponentially greater asset to this world. I will love, and then love more. I will serve and serve more. I will forgive and then forgive more. I will not let these thoughts fade but instead remind myself of them daily and spend time visualizing myself in accomplishment of them until the day that my thoughts become reality. Then I will not stop but press forward, to new goals and new heights in my quest to change this world. I will be a published author and effortlessly doing so what I was meant to do to better my life and the lives of others. I will associate with more successfully minded people to be a teacher as well as a student. I will travel this great country and this great planet gaining rich experiences founded by very few. I will find an eternal companion… (long pause) that enhances me exponentially and countless other goals that at one point I dared not even dream. 2008 will be the best year of my life, which will lay the foreground for 2009, to dwarf the accomplishments of 2008. This year will be the best year of my life, and I will succeed.”

15:18
I know Travis only hoped to change one life. He never would have thought he could change the world. People across the globe have been influenced by him. Travis believed every single one of us was created to be successful. We all have different trials. We just have to get there. Travis has a legacy. It is up to us to make sure it survives. You were born to be great. It is your destiny. “The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path.” Travis coined that philosophy. Those are Travis’s words. That is the way my brother lived his life. That is the way he wanted to continue to live. That is how he wanted us to live. He will never get to today, because he was so brutally ripped out of this world – my world. Hopefully, one day I can make him proud. Thank you.

JODI ARIAS PENALTY PHASE WITNESS IMPACT BROTHER 5.16.13 PT. 6 - YouTube

I truly believe when Steven started reading Travis' words, Travis took over Steven's voice.....Steven raised his head to the heavens, took a deep breath and his voice became strong and loud and clear....I believe that was Travis speaking.

Anyone have the video clip of Willmont recoiling away from Jodi today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked this off Twitter. At 41:40. JW visibly has her back to CMJA afterwards

[video=youtube;B2LHro5_RZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LHro5_RZA&feature[/video]

wouldn't it be grand if the jury told the judge they wanted to stay all night and get this over with....with no more days off!!

YES! :please: And actually grant the Alexander family's request that this ordeal be resolved soon so they may return to their own homes and jobs and kids and spouses.:moo:

The defense witnesses will be questioned and cross examined.

They *could* be...we will have to wait and see which direction the dedense goes in.

Jean C has put in a request to interview Jodi. I believe everything she says on air is said to have that request granted. Although, I don't think that would ever happen. I think she also has her eye on Jodi's mother for an interview. She seems to be going out of her way to try and form some kind of relationship with that woman. :twocents:

I believe jurors were crying. They're human beings, it would be difficult not to.

I couldn't believe how Wilmott maintained her stoney faced stare throughout both Steven and Samantha's testimony.

correction:

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 4m
UPDATE: PIO just called me back. He now says friends are not victims under AZ law so they will NOT be testifying. He apologizes & so do I!

I don't think age is a factor for her....AZ EXECUTED John George Brewer at the age of 27 in 1993.... Darren Lee Bolton at the age of 29 in 1996. jmo

Ryan on HLN Evening Express reports that the delay is about dt witness in Chambers with the Judge...

"Patricia Womack...she's in chambers with the lawyers for Jodi Arias"

I truly believe there's nothing that can save JA's life now. No mitigation could be enough. This jury will sentence her to death and she earned her way there. When this trial started I gave her a 50/50 chance. Now I think it's 97% chance of the DP and I might be on the low side.

I do believe in the DP so her getting it doesn't upset me one bit. I don't think it applies in every murder case and I'm not a bloodthirsty person, but it exists for a reason and some defendants earn their way into the death chamber. JA, with her words as well as her deeds, has done exactly that IMO.

No kidding, as if you're not adult at age 27 for god's sake.

IIRC Steven Alexander just had a birthday and turned 27. Look what he's done with his life. Military service, family, and a world of unimaginable struggles ... going through all of it with the utmost class and dignity.

Then we have CMJA.

She's had enough time on this earth. She blew it and must pay.

You know why can't the judge and lawyers take an hour for lunch and get things like this worked out in time for the gallery and the jury? Is there a reason?

I believe I saw this correctly and stand to be corrected if wrong: At the end of Stephen's statement, the camera panned wide angle and showed stephen walk back to his seat. Nurmi was reclining. I wondered, "Where is the respect?"

correction:

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 4m
UPDATE: PIO just called me back. He now says friends are not victims under AZ law so they will NOT be testifying. He apologizes & so do I!

Snoopy, could you elaborate or explain what this means. TIA

Article from azfamily about the DT wanting off the case after JA's interview.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Arias-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied-207717531.html

Los Angeles-area criminal defense lawyer Mark Geragos said Arias' attorneys have a conflict of interest with their efforts to keep their client off death row and Arias' assertion that she'd rather die for her crime.

"It's not highly unusual," he said. "There are cases where defendants make decisions that they're better off on death row, but that puts the lawyer in a conflicted position. You've got a duty as a lawyer to bring the conflict of interest to the courts and disclose it."

Has Mark Geragos ever heard of this thing called LYING? I'm sure a lot of his clients do it to him on a daily basis. There is no conflict of interest...Jodi made that statement to the "public," not to the jury. Just watch her now, she is gonna go up there and BEG FOR HER LIFE.

You know why can't the judge and lawyers take an hour for lunch and get things like this worked out in time for the gallery and the jury? Is there a reason?
Yes, this is how Judge Sherry runs her courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15