penalty phase #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still freaked out at looking at her cell.

That "mattress" ... No walls around the toilet.... Good god! I'd rather be dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No window and I believe JVM said it was a solid door with a slot in it for passing food back and forth.

Not for this claustrophobic!

:eek:

:thumb: Good job, LP.

I emailed Jane VM last night about the disgusting tape.

And I agree - she will probably continue to play the thing.

She played that one song again today too. I about threw my big screen off the balcony. :stormingmad:

You can't be to careful with that bunch. I think some of their elevators don't go up to the top floor. Then there was that kid that was threatening to bomb the court last week and ammo was found in his hotel room.

Hey All..

Hopefully my post won't disappear again grrrr!!

I've been watching the replays of today's proceedings with the impact statements on HLN shows this evening.. I've got a theory I'll throw out (I've not read thru thread so if it's a Pete Re & Repeat don't yell lol)

Ok I feel like CCMJA was trying to bond with Steven & Sam during their statements almost eerily like even tho she's murdered Travis she still wants to be a part of their family. I especially felt this way watching her reactions to comments made about their Father, Mother & Grandmother like her body language was like I know terrible Dad died on Travis Birthday..Yes Grandma never did recover etc..

I don't know it was almost like she was trying to muster the appropriate reaction to what was being said that how horrific it must be for brother Steven to go thru nighmares his marital problems with his wife like her reaction was.. Well trying to immulate OUR REACTION to hearing his statement.

I felt almost like in the JodiLand in her head she was at another Memorial Service for Travis and trying to act like she too felt the pain of the family ALMOST like she too felt like she was ROBBED OF TRAVIS TOO glimpse of indignation of him being gone EVEN THOUGH SHE'S THE ONE WHO DID IT!!

Idk I had a much better post typed up before it *poof* but if you watch clips again let me know what you think it's like I was watching a scenerio where a kid who vandalized a car then gathered around scene with neighbors while Owner says I can't afford to pay to fix this, now I won't be able to get to work, why did this happen, this was the only thing left to me by my Grandmother etc and she's in crowd saying yeah.. this is terrible.. what a burden to you.. who could do this etc.. Like she originally did at the Memorial BUT SHE'S BEEN CONVICTED OF MURDER 1 AND FACING DEATH PENALTY NOW!!

It was very perplexing to me.. because it felt like trying to bond/share grief THAT SHE CAUSED!

Anyone else see that or think that? Or now that I mention it notice it in clips??
Just curious & JMO

I hope the jury connected the 20 Irises to Travis' 20th birthday and his father passing. I agree, but I think Jodi was doing her usual shapeshifting....http://sometimesitjustiswhatitis.blogspot.com/2012/03/shape-shifter.html

I think that if someone has committed such a horrible horrible crime that shows such rage, no remorse, lies & lies upon lies, premeditated, requires a stun belt in court, rumor that she lashed out at lawyers before her interview after verdict, is someone that doesn't conform to what's normal. I don't go around slashing people's throats, stabbing & shooting a person, it's not normal. If she was biting & eating everyone she'd have the Hannibal Lector mask on. She has abnormal tendendancies to lash out. Mom is living proof so therefore, mom doesn't testify... She's dangerous. Doesn't need to be in any society. It would cost tons more to watch her in General population if the sentencing isn't right. jmo

BBM
Not to be picky or anything.. But we've now learned it was SAWING his throat

But I totally agree behind you 100%

Originally Posted by Observer in AZ
Hey All..

Hopefully my post won't disappear again grrrr!!

I've been watching the replays of today's proceedings with the impact statements on HLN shows this evening.. I've got a theory I'll throw out (I've not read thru thread so if it's a Pete Re & Repeat don't yell lol)

Ok I feel like CCMJA was trying to bond with Steven & Sam during their statements almost eerily like even tho she's murdered Travis she still wants to be a part of their family. I especially felt this way watching her reactions to comments made about their Father, Mother & Grandmother like her body language was like I know terrible Dad died on Travis Birthday..Yes Grandma never did recover etc..

I don't know it was almost like she was trying to muster the appropriate reaction to what was being said that how horrific it must be for brother Steven to go thru nighmares his marital problems with his wife like her reaction was.. Well trying to immulate OUR REACTION to hearing his statement.

I felt almost like in the JodiLand in her head she was at another Memorial Service for Travis and trying to act like she too felt the pain of the family ALMOST like she too felt like she was ROBBED OF TRAVIS TOO glimpse of indignation of him being gone EVEN THOUGH SHE'S THE ONE WHO DID IT!!

Idk I had a much better post typed up before it *poof* but if you watch clips again let me know what you think it's like I was watching a scenerio where a kid who vandalized a car then gathered around scene with neighbors while Owner says I can't afford to pay to fix this, now I won't be able to get to work, why did this happen, this was the only thing left to me by my Grandmother etc and she's in crowd saying yeah.. this is terrible.. what a burden to you.. who could do this etc.. Like she originally did at the Memorial BUT SHE'S BEEN CONVICTED OF MURDER 1 AND FACING DEATH PENALTY NOW!!

It was very perplexing to me.. because it felt like trying to bond/share grief THAT SHE CAUSED!

Anyone else see that or think that? Or now that I mention it notice it in clips??
Just curious & JMO

That's exactly what I was thinking while watching her. I missed the original statements this morning and saw the footage that AZcentral was showing during the lunch break. They showed all of Samantha's VIS with the camera only on JA. It was very interesting and it did appear as though she was thinking that she was part of this family and this was her loss too. Very weird.

MOO

I wouldn't deal with that very well myself. I must bathe or shower every single day! And I'm addicted to my nice bath products, facial cleansers and creams and Purelogy shampoo and conditioner, my blow dryer, curling iron, soft robe, etc....

JA will never be able to pamper herself or take a nice long hot bubble bath ever again. I can not imagine!

My SIL (now ex) found herself in Sheriff Joe's jail. She was on his chain gang. This was when Sheriff Joe first came up with the idea to have women chain gangs. She and her fellow inmates had a newspaper article written up about them because she was in the first wave of the chain gang. She actually told the reporter that she missed her Clinique! LOL

Thanks to everyone who kept me up to speed today with posting what happened. My son graduates from Law School tomorrow and we were attending activities this afternoon and evening. The statements from SA and SA where so powerful, how can anything one says after that, mean a thing!!!

Congratulations to you and your son! I'm sure you're very proud.

I was told that AZ runs court much like they do in DE. There is simply no trial on Fridays. Fridays are reserved for 'legal housekeeping.' It's not to accommodate anyone, just the way the courthouse is run. My jury duty here in DE never included Fridays but the last wonderful Bailiff we had urged us to come on a Friday and observe if we were so motivated. I took the offer :) Not addicted, am I?:floorlaugh:

Here's the docket calender for JSS: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/calendar/calList.asp?ID=3604&startdate=5/16/2013&length=7
Monday-Friday and that doesn't include emergency chambers for unexpected issues w/defendants and attorneys. Judges are generally around from 8-5, but usually a lot longer.

Just some thoughts of my own here after today:

*I wonder if anyone has ever seen CMA (convicted murderer Arias) - I adopted this from another poster here "gauntlet"...I wonder if anyone in her family or friends ever saw "real tears with emotion"? Any evidence of that yet? No.

*Notice, CMA was wearing the same ponytail behind her head today that she wore during the guilt phase of this trial? I did and I know the jurors remember.

*Remember hearing Samantha say today that Travis visited her in Late May 2008 in Southern Cal? Travis insisted that they have their picture taken together. LATE MAY 2008 - Think about that.....

*The jurors know how all the delays are affecting their own lives. After today, they know the constant delays by the DT is affecting the Alexander's lives, too.

*Did Juan Martinez know that the 2 witnesses for the DT were going to be speaking today? Did the State have enough time to look into these 2 individuals ahead of time?

*Man, when Steven talked today about having nightmares about someone coming at him with a KNIFE and then waking his kids and wife to make sure they were still alive".....That was it !!! That was it.....

*How about the DT claiming that one of the mitigating factors for CMA was "She Had No Support From Her Family":

#1 - Didn't CMA live with her grandparents in between her "road-trips"? Are they not family? Do you not think that her parents didn't give some monies to grandparents to help?

#2 - Didn't Mom and Grandma attend court?

#3 - Didn't Mom visit CMA in jail everyday?

#4 - Didn't Mom try to help CMA move from Mesa to Yreka?

#5 - Didn't Father try to discipline CMA and that is when she moved in with Bobby Juarez?

I've got more but will stop for right now.....

It's my opinion that most of the actual sleuthing on websleuths was occuring in that thread but what do I know.

Websleuths is a victim friendly website and the mods are volunteers.

Awesome! But Mr. Nurmi left out a few others:

8. Proactively plans and conserves her use of fossil fuels.
9. Always saved her retail receipts to prove her honesty on tax deductions.
10. Avoided using too many public school resources, so as to make them available to less fortunate students.
11. Was routinely on time to work, when she was working. Wore a clean uniform, and bathed regularly.
12. Vigilant observer of her friends' private romantic encounters. Willing to go to extra efforts to surreptitiously observe their romantic encounters without expectation of personal gain.
13. Responsible firearms owner.
14. Entrepreneurial spirit promoting pre-paid legal services to downtrodden jailed population.
15. Adventurous and creative sex partner.
16. Has a mother.
17. Routinely circulates her entire blood volume, and conscientiously maintains a core body temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Pees 4 to 6 times a day. Has regular bowel movements.

:facepalm:

18. She was a "coupon clipper".

BBM
Not to be picky or anything.. But we've now learned it was SAWING his throat

But I totally agree behind you 100%

May have been sawing. Please... I can barely handle the details...I don't think I can handle sawing. I'm clinging to the "may" and prefer to think it wasn't sawing.

I saw that too Hatfield.. Did you notice that the 'hall' was kind of made of glass maybe for filming?

IDK but I'll tell you I wouldn't mind seeing the movie only because I'm curious how Lifetime is going to spin story/play it out because at the time they started filming CCMJA was still on stand lying out of her liehole..

Again I'll be working 12hrs a day during premier.. maybe I'll try to DVR it!

Of course it's Lifetime duh they'll play it once a week for the next 20 yrs :floorlaugh:

Apparently during filming the cast stopped taping when the verdict was announced and all gathered around a tv to watch.

I really think it's the FOX reporter which would be the reason why the defence is claiming no disclosure. The prosecution just found out about this themselves and probably jumped on the supeona to get him in there to discuss his "interview" and how it came about.

MOO

I hope it is allowed if it is the reporter. Then the jury can here how JA prayed for the right jury to come her way. That would be an insult to them. I want them to here how she is still trashing TA and blaming everyone that she comes across for her troubles.

YES, I had the same reaction and posted about it at the time. It was horrible. It was as if she were sitting at a memorial service and sharing the grief/pain...anything to emphasize her connection to Travis.

She's not connected to his family. She doesn't know them. But anything that they mentioned that she knew about him overwhelmed her. There must be something psychiatrists can learn about this condition, if they don't know it already.
Further evidence of her truly bizarre affect-she may actually be insane.Anyone with average intelligence could fake an appropriate response better than she did today-unless you get to see how she acts, its really hard to explain it to somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3