Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know she is on welfare?

JM alluded to that fact when he said she could be in trouble for unreported income. That tells me it's either with the IRS (which doesn't make sense since we're mid-2013), or the welfare system (who often requires 30 days notification of any earned income).

Juan didn't pull that statement out of his hat -- I'm sure he's done the research. But that's JMHO.

Thanks!

Mel

Wonder why they did not at the very least put Darryl on. Was defense afraid JM would bring up the striking similarity between his hands and the hands in the photos that were suppose to have been sent to Jodi by Travis? Travis had long fingers. The fingers in those pictures where short and the fingernails were differently shaped. If those pictures did belong to DB he would have to admit it so maybe it is too risky to put Darryl back on the stand, too.

So can anyone tell me why Nurmi has a problem with JM questioning their witnesses on their credibility????? Isn't that JM's job?

The way Jodi looked today, the evil was leaching out of her. Pray for courage and strength for the Alexander family and friends. That murderess is going to spew evil and lies tomorrow....BTK, all over again. Unless, the defense can keep her in line, but Jodi thinks she knows best. ugh.

The reason Jodi's family isn't testifying on her behalf is ~ JODI won't allow it. She's the one that made that decision.

The fact remains that throughout the entire trial, Jodi & her council painted Jodi's family as abusive to her. They've maintained for 4 months now that her family is nothing but a bunch of meanies, and that's why they can't put a single one of them on the stand to act like they now like her. Now, none if it's true, mind you... But, if they get up there now, it's going to be obvious that they DO in fact care about her, and Jodi will sit there seething and shooting them dirty looks ~ and none of it will sit well with that whole "my family's so mean to me" scenario. It'll just pull the lid off THAT particular lie, so what's the point?

This whole thing is such a farce...

That's exactly what I was thinking! It's JA's decision for them to not testify! CMJA is probably even mad they are in the audience. It messes us her horrid childhood tale of woe...

Didn't someone say the other day that she was refusing to look at her mother?

I did love JSS: "and I can only speculate why you have no OTHER witnesses to call..."

How would anyone even know how to contact Womack to threaten her? I call junkie BS. Wilmott and Nurmi told her ixnay on the ugsdray, and then they needed a cover story.

That said, the defense team is desperate; they got nuthin'. DB apparently backed out or has been deemed a risky witness as well. I have no idea why they would not call family members IF they were willing. I think JA's only chance is for the jury to feel compassion for her family.

She has no say really.....she cannot control what DB does or does not do. I doubt it is that.

Unless she was the mystery witness JM wanted to call on rebuttal. If it became obvious that something DB was going to testify about would be rebutted, he might think twice about testifying...

The defense team is extremely dirty...Didn't Nurmi visit J.A. over the weekend?
I'm sure that this whole thing is a work...

Internet trolls are here to stay, so these so-called threats aren't going anywhere...

Adapt or get the hell out of the courtroom...

Just curious...

Does anyone know whether the jury was all dressed up today before they were sent home?

:seeya: I did not see any "fashion reports" from WAT about the jury ... :floorlaugh:

He usually updates everyone on the "courtroom fashions" ...

:floorlaugh:

patty should sue the DT for putting her dui and drug habits in open court. it was in chambers and private. now it was aired to whoever all over the world is watching this case on the internet.

Probably Jodi's punishment for Patty backing out.

One of her mitigation factors is no family support, all of her family sitting there in court while her life hangs in the balance and not a one of them speaking to beg for her life is a rather powerful picture for the jury.

If I was on the jury I would be very confused by the family there. If you had no family support why are they there. None of this makes sense.

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

How do you know Ms. Womack received death threats? Are these death threats similar to the ones the killer claims she received in one of her 2008 TV interviews? The ones she conveniently threw away before anyone could see them?

Nurmi complained that Juan was threatening Womack. It's Juan's job to get to the truth. And when you have people hiding the truth, or they have things of their own to hide, that's not Juan or the State's problem.

I don't believe anything that comes from this defense, because ultimately it's coming from the killer. And as Jason Lamb said so well earlier, "Jodi's driving this bus, and she's gonna drive it right off a cliff." Paraphrased.

Just MHOO.

If I was a betting woman - and I'm not - my money would be on Jodi NOT speaking tomorrow. She never should have said anything in the first place, obviously. We'll see.

Nurmi said something about not putting any other witness up if they couldn't paint the entire picture of her life. I read that as "since we don't have Womak to present her childhood, they wouldn't put anyone else up either, because it wouldn't give a complete picture of the CMJA."

Couldn't her mom and dad paint a picture of her life? Her siblings?

:waitasec:

ALL of the court delays, whining and complaining about how she wasn't treated fairly is all a part of JACK's plan for an appeal.

She no more wants the death penalty than she wants to be in jail. That whole line by the murderer was nothing but bluster and bs. She is scared poopless about getting the DP and she knows it is coming because even she understands she is not worthy of mercy, no more than she handed to Travis.

The question is, what games do we get to see tomorrow ? You know more are coming...death threats, probably set up by the murderer for just this purpose. Naw it is pretty plain, Ms. Womack is unwilling to say what the murderer wants her to say and is afraid Martinez will get her to admit the truth.

We are now getting to see more of what Travis had to put up with. If anyone has any doubt why she deserves the DP, think again, it is blatantly obvious exactly why she needs to be on deathrow.

Well, we know that during one of those interviews she gave (48 Hours, Inside Edition, Curb Appeal, I can't remember), she said that the ninjas managed to get threats to her in jail. So, sure, she could say she's gotten more.

Even if you disregard Patti, WHY isn't the defense calling anymore witnesses? I doubt everyone JA knows has been threatened. Why aren't they calling her parents? Maybe because they don't want Juan to bring out the police interogation videos??

i think we need to stop using the word 'threatened.' all i heard was patti felt intimidated by JM questioning her criminal record and selling pictures illegally. when she decided she'd plead the 5th, she was done as a witness.

and the DT knew full well this whole thing would happen.

patty should sue the DT for putting her dui and drug habits in open court. it was in chambers and private. the DT wanted it in open court. now it was aired to whoever all over the world is watching this case on the internet.

The world already knew. Public info. As soon as Patti put herself on t.v. all anyone had to do is google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89