Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide which was possible worse...watching/missing today's events or spending an hour in an MRI coffin. Hey baby boomers...if you've had an MRI...am I mistaken or do those sounds it makes sound exactly like the old school Atari games?

Totally O/T but I had on pair of flip flops to have a sitting MRI after a car accident.. I sat down & my legs kept wobbling couldn't keep them flat on floor.. I thought I've really jacked myself up..

Come to find out there was a lil bit o metal in my flip flops that caused my feet from going crazy duh! :floorlaugh:

Perhaps Ms. Arias will say that before the homicide, her life was somewhat of a mess: A Pre-Paid Legal career that wasn't going anywhere; a professional photography and art career that had shown no success; and a boyfriend who had rejected her. Now, she can say, she has turned everything around: She has become a nationwide media celebrity; her artwork is selling online; and her photos have been viewed by people throughout the world.

Patti sent a statement to the news station saying she was too conflicted about the case to testify. Nurmi did not mention that....

Oh my http://t.co/N0Kfr879J7

Besides the threats, she said that her heart went out to the family of Travis Alexander, whom Arias was convicted of killing.

Advertise | AdChoices

“I couldn’t do it,” she told NBC News in an email. “I feel there is so much good in Jodi to be saved but then also someone’s dear life was taken.”

O/T...An OKC news station (KFOR) is saying that an elementary school may have been hit.

I hope that's not true!

I've always had the impression that tornados are attracted in some way to mobile home parks.

Yep me to maybe magnetic pull due to all the metal? IDK?

Don't get me wrong there was a few times we was a rockin in that thing.. But my Mama thought a head had a couple extra tie down built in frame so little more stability than usual 3 or 4!

Totally O/T but I had on pair of flip flops to have a sitting MRI after a car accident.. I sat down & my legs kept wobbling couldn't keep them flat on floor.. I thought I've really jacked myself up..

Come to find out there was a lil bit o metal in my flip flops that caused my feet from going crazy duh! :floorlaugh:

I see your avitar is wearing the cone of shame. As far as MRI's, had a few and no the drill. I wore nothing metal, my standard Dr office sweats and no bra. Sparing me from the thrill of wearing one of their humongous ugly gowns.

From the MSN Homepage ... [and I hope the next time she is on the "homepage" it will be to announce that the jury voted for the DP :jail:]

Jurors are expected to begin deliberating Arias' fate — a sentence of life in prison or execution — this week.

PHOENIX — Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias asked the judge to remove them from the case and declare a mistrial Monday, arguing the frenzy surrounding the case has created a modern-day witch hunt.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/jodi-arias-to-address-jury-in-her-murder-case-on-tuesday

bbm - I believe it was the mit spec. who put together that fine list of 8 mitigating factors.

So.... there's that.

Well those 8 mitigators are stoopid there are better ones available, and the ones she did choose are easy to poke holes in. Also it looks like she made most of them up from the 'unspecified mitigators' section .. like as if mitigators mean 'nice things we can say about the defendant' which doubles down on the stoopid.

IMO, Sheriff Joe is a compassionate man and is letting Arias say goodbye after 5 years before heading to solitary on DR at ASPC Perryville.

I wouldn't do it. She could be making plans for retribution against people that brought her to justice. ala Dr Marte, and her home being robbed!

Jodi is all about revenge. IMO:scared:

Earlier on HLN they were talking about what JA will say tomorrow if she takes the stand. I think one possibility whether she takes the stand or has a statement read is, she will say something like "blah, blah, blah...(not sure what excuses or blame she will hurl at someone else) but she will end with fake tears and kleenex and say something like " I will leave it up to the jury, if you think I should get the DP then let it be, whatever you decide I will think is right." Of course it will be just another form of cmja's mind games, reverse psychology and manipulation thinking that may get her life as opposed to the DP. Imho I don't think she wants the DP, in her mind she sees years ahead of her to keep in the news and keep her so called 'celebrity status.'

Hope tomorrow isn't like today.

Nurmi has been bullying this Judge since day one, and she has let him.

I thought she grew a pretty big backbone today. I can't imagine having to preside over a case like this one, where balancing the rights of the defendant against the rights of the State are so crucial; and the defense wants to make the whole thing a never ending objection (and approach). I thought she did well today given that, if it was me, I'd want to call Nurmi over to the bench and give him a big ole smackdown. Not only did he pee all over the legs of the prosecutor (once again), he more or less questioned her rulings in open court. What a gem of an attorney he is. :puke:

Well those 8 mitigators are stoopid there are better ones available, and the ones she did choose are easy to poke holes in. Also it looks like she made most of them up from the 'unspecified mitigators' section .. like as if mitigators mean 'nice things we can say about the defendant' which doubles down on the stoopid.

I've personally never seen art used as a mitigating factor.
Maybe her drawings will end up on a mimeograph for kindergartners to color.

JA went on TV before KN AND JW were her lawyers.

JA went on TV WHILE KN AND JW were her lawyers.

JA has been posting regularly on TWITTER while KN AND JW are her lawyers.

JA went on TV immediately after a Murder 1 conviction and KN AND JW ARE HER LAWYERS.

NOW KN, JW and JA blame the media hype on the Judge.

BINGO!!
Argue THAT point Nurmi.
If anyone has turned this trial into a circus and dragged it out in the media - it's the defendant.

O/T...An OKC news station (KFOR) is saying that an elementary school may have been hit.

I hope that's not true!

I pray these kids had a safe area. This is awful! I've lived here all my life, and we are used to these, but an F-4 or F-5 is HUGE. They think this was an F-4.

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 2m

It was explained to me #jodiarias family can't testify as they've been seated in the courtroom during trial. Per Victim Advocate.

ETA - but if that is true, how could Patti have been able to testify? I think the CM's family were too afraid about cross from JM and possibly jury questions

I've always had the impression that tornados are attracted in some way to mobile home parks.

One of my meteorology professors said that is because most trailer parks are perfectly flat, and tornadoes thrive on flat land.

I see your avitar is wearing the cone of shame. As far as MRI's, had a few and no the drill. I wore nothing metal, my standard Dr office sweats and no bra. Sparing me from the thrill of wearing one of their humongous ugly gowns.

That is what I thought No Metal even the tech thought they'd be ok.. but try as I might those darn feet wouldn't stay flat on ground :floorlaugh:

BINGO!!
Argue THAT point Nurmi.
If anyone has turned this trial into a circus and dragged it out in the media - it's the defendant.

Correction....not a circus, an audition for an academy award for the Liar's Club.

She's done a lot of whispering. I know that's not a legal task, But you asked what she's been doing, so ... certainly whispering quite a bit. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver