Penalty Phase #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jodi is going to quote directly from the The Battered Women's Syndrome. She will not back down for one second.

ITA. Jodi will not for one second take any personal responsibility for her crime. She has never taken responsibility for anything--it's always someone else's fault.

She will read a statement painting herself as a wrongly convicted victim of abuse. JMO

O/T...Tornado in the Oklahoma City area right now. It's huge.

I said a prayer. I hope fellow WS'ers in the area are safe.

WHAT the heck did I miss this morning? No mitigation witnesses? Why? An emergency motion to withdraw? What's up? Is court done today?

Short time too: Recess 'til 9:30 am tomorrow

[video=youtube;oDXopWnFUqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXopWnFUqA[/video]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmpCSptl9s"]Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Court in Recess - YouTube[/ame]

:seeya: I did not follow Polly's case -- so can you please tell me what happened ?

THANKS !

Cliff notes... The killer said Polly begged him not to hurt her like her did. (rape)
Her dad yelled out in court. WHO WOULDN'T ???

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

What was that about?

When he was allowed to speak right after her dad spoke, his final words were something to the effect that he didnt perform any lewd acts with Polly because recalled as he was walking her up the embankment he said that Polly said "Just don't do me like my dad." or something like that! :stormingmad:

I don't think it is desperation. I think they just want certain things as part of the record for whomever gets handed the appellate work.

I do understand, now, what the media comment was about. Everyone that could have been a mitigation witness for JA, including her own mother, has been on the television, radio, website, what have you, and already done too much damage to get on the stand and not be impeached with anything they have previously said. So, if anyone you know is charged with a crime, do not talk to media, do not post anywhere about it, and another heads up, don't email friends and family about it. Everyone is happy to go on t.v. until the stuff hits the fan and they find out they made it worse.

ANNNNNNNNNNND

What I've learned....don't take pics of your who ha unless you want them shown to the world on a huge jumbo-tron.
:floorlaugh:

NBC reporting that she is back in general population. ?????@!!!!
IMO, Sheriff Joe is a compassionate man and is letting Arias say goodbye after 5 years before heading to solitary on DR at ASPC Perryville.

So can JA just talk on forever? How will the judge limit this somewhat without infringing on her rights?

She gets to make any statement she likes to the jury. She can not address anyone but the jury though.

She is speaking for her life... Supposedly.. We will see. Who knows what she will say.

That Jodi has no one to speak on her behalf during the penalty phase of the trial is her own doing. Jodi wreaked havoc on anyone and everyone with whom she came in contact. I suspect that Jodi really had very few friends during her life before Travis and PPL.

Jodi never developed mature social skills because she perceives that everyone is somehow chastising her, criticizing her, demeaning her, mocking her, etc. Jodi has no insight into the subtle nuances of normal social behavior because she has always been focused on herself. Her emotional and social development are like those of pre-teens who are focused on self until they eventually realize that relationships and friendships involve give-and-take between self and others. As many of Travis' friends have mentioned in interviews for the past several months, Jodi thinks about Jodi. She always wants to be the center of attention and can't relate to those who don't placate her. Jodi was the "wet blanket at a picnic" because people did not want to focus on her and her childish antics.

Jodi has reaped what she sowed and has no one to blame but herself. :moo:

That Jodi has no one to speak on her behalf during the penalty phase of the trial is her own doing. Jodi wreaked havoc on anyone and everyone with whom she came in contact. I suspect that Jodi really had very few friends during her life before Travis and PPL.

Jodi never developed mature social skills because she perceives that everyone is somehow chastising her, criticizing her, demeaning her, mocking her, etc. Jodi has no insight into the subtle nuances of normal social behavior because she has always been focused on herself. Her emotional and social development are like those of pre-teens who are focused on self until they eventually realize that relationships and friendships involve give-and-take between self and others. As many of Travis' friends have mentioned in interviews for the past several months, Jodi thinks about Jodi. She always wants to be the center of attention and can't relate to those who don't placate her. Jodi was the "wet blanket at a picnic" because people did not want to focus on her and her childish antics.

Jodi has reaped what she sowed and has no one to blame but herself. :moo:

Right On..I don't feel a thing for her but disgust.

Oh my goodness. All sleuthers please say a prayer (or whatever your preference is) for the safety of those in Oklahoma City. My thoughts are with them today.

WHAT the heck did I miss this morning? No mitigation witnesses? Why? An emergency motion to withdraw? What's up? Is court done today?

Let's see. Defense claimed that mitigation witness Patti Womack (? spelling) "felt threatened" and wasn't going to testify. Some media outlets said she "received" "threats" but as far as I can tell, no such threats were documented in open court. Juan argued that in interviewing the witness she pled the 5th to many of his questions on the advice of Wilmott/Nurmi (which Nurmi denied). So Patti isn't testifying, judge will read (or did read) into the record that she was unavailable to testify.

Nurmi then said they would put on no mitigation witnesses, asked for a mistrial due to above Womack situation, and asked to be removed from case. Both denied. He also sought a stay to appeal to Ct. of Appeals.

Jodi is supposed to appear now at 9:30 am local time to allocute. Who knows what will happen.

I don't think it is desperation. I think they just want certain things as part of the record for whomever gets handed the appellate work.

I do understand, now, what the media comment was about. Everyone that could have been a mitigation witness for JA, including her own mother, has been on the television, radio, website, what have you, and already done too much damage to get on the stand and not be impeached with anything they have previously said. So, if anyone you know is charged with a crime, do not talk to media, do not post anywhere about it, and another heads up, don't email friends and family about it. Everyone is happy to go on t.v. until the stuff hits the fan and they find out they made it worse.

I cannot wait for her to go,away enough evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha