Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been posted. I am a few pages behind. A new tweet from the twitter account that was put up when the original was taking down.
Paraphrased. JA/ you find a way when there is no other legal option.

That answer was to a question posed by a tweeter. Again, paraphrased. How can you sit there an listen to the heartbroken sister and brother of TA everyday?

Did you know that on another site they call Nurmi "the Nurminator"

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot

:floorlaugh:

No names but there was that one guy on Nancy Grace... Said he was watching people for JA.
I thought wacko !!!
Now I wonder...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, the "secret messages" magazine.

211fd8103f0254179aa0b23671f1391b772e5f5e.jpg

Matt M. comes to mind.

WHAT the heck did I miss this morning? No mitigation witnesses? Why? An emergency motion to withdraw? What's up? Is court done today?

Just got back from medical torture. Was trying to read WS on my phone at the Dr.'s. Court was cancelled as predicted after Nurmi threw a fit?

I swear if she pulls a Randy Allen or watever his name is (Polly Klaas' murderer) in court tomorrow...I WILL GO EFFIN B A N A N A S!!!!

:seeya: I did not follow Polly's case -- so can you please tell me what happened ?

THANKS !

NBC reporting that she is back in general population. ?????@!!!!

From what we learned in court today from the prosecution:

Witness was reluctant since the beginning of going on record, in any manner whatsoever, and wished to plead the 5th, as a mitigation witness. :facepalm:

Witness, if called, would not back up the convicted killers claim of a bad childhood and abuse.

The judge gave witness the option to testify in closed proceedings, and have the testimony sealed.

IMO - There were no death threats. There was the threat of the truth coming out. I also believe she offered NOTHING to back up any mitigating factors. In fact, I think she knew things that would hurt anything the convicted killer was trying to sell to avoid the DP.

I hope we can still discuss what happened in court today...if not, please delete my post.

Hence, anyone with an ounce of decency should regard this young lady as another friend to the truth and the victims still hurting from the events related to this case. Be nice. :please:

Don't collect and scatter the seeds of gossip and meanness about these witnesses. We don't know their pains and struggles they must endure each day. These hurts may be unimaginable and if we knew them, we would feel terrible for them and wish them well and better from the bottoms of our hearts. :truce:

How would we like it if our own lives were dissected under some borgish internet microscope and our very private, personal details were posted far and wide\ for any and every one out there to look at? We wouldn't. :scared:

Let's show a little empathy shall we? Please don't be mean. :please:

Being mean on line puts an ugly mask over a once attractive face.
Please be nice to witnesses and strangers alike. :please: Especially the ones now in question.:please:
:moo::blushing:

I'm willing to give Darryl Brewer a pass and say he was there Thursday, ready and willing to give his statement. He lives in California (Monterey or Salinas?) and probably has a job. Perhaps it's as simple as he can't afford the expense of coming back, time wise or monetarily. He is probably aware it is a futile effort anyway. :twocents:

Darryl would not have known about the letter. He should have been there this morning unless defense told him not to come.

IMO, today's stunt was not a Hail Mary.

I believe this was done strictly for an appellate argument in the future.

They know that there is no hope, no mitigation witness in the world can undo the Jury's mind at this point. I think they 12 Premeditated and 7 Premeditated AND Felony, along with the fact that they returned within an Exceptionally Cruel verdict before 2 hours - along with their Emphatic "YES" when asked if it was their true verdict ... They know it's over. Now it's all about finding a way to get rid of either this jury, or appeal this case.

My question is: What motion can they file before the end of today?

I was in court this morning...how freaking weird. I made some notes and will post on the CO thread when I get a sec.

Thank you Katiedid... this is fantastic, she actually says exactly what JM said she would say, Jodi had a good childhood, so much so that Patti wished she could have had it herself, that good of a childhood.

Knowing this exists out there, surely to God, in all of his TV watching Kirk would have known the cross examination, on this matter alone, would be a disaster of biblical proportions. Better to call no witness than one that is going to score points for the prosecution.

You just can't make this stuff up.

OT: Wow you guys, that tornado is HUGE!! Watching it live and it's frightening. Prayers to everyone there.

One word.....DESPERATION. They reek of it. Wilmott looked like a deer in the headlights today. I don't understand why they continue to make the whole thing so personal. Twelve people decided she was guilty based on the evidence and testimony allowed at trial, not on the personalities of the attorneys involved. If I were a juror in this trial I would be so angry at the insults the defense continues to heap on my integrity and intelligence.

I think the shananigans in court this morning will (again) backfire on the defense. They need to wrap this up and move on before they totally destroy their professional credibility...if they haven't already.

I don't think it is desperation. I think they just want certain things as part of the record for whomever gets handed the appellate work.

I do understand, now, what the media comment was about. Everyone that could have been a mitigation witness for JA, including her own mother, has been on the television, radio, website, what have you, and already done too much damage to get on the stand and not be impeached with anything they have previously said. So, if anyone you know is charged with a crime, do not talk to media, do not post anywhere about it, and another heads up, don't email friends and family about it. Everyone is happy to go on t.v. until the stuff hits the fan and they find out they made it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass