Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UN-BELIEVABLE! How long are they going to be allowed to drag this circus of theirs out? It's just getting freaking stupid already. :stormingmad:

Does anyone know why DB will not be testifying?
TIA.

I *think* it's b/c Nurmi had his little HISSY fit and when his motion for mistrial was again denied and then his motion to withdraw from case was denied .... He acted like a 2 y/o and said ... Well then we won't play with you & not put any witnesses up.
He doesn't get his way ... He plays games.

Does anyone know why DB will not be testifying?
TIA.
Ploy by JA and her defense team since Judge Stephens denied the motion for mistrial. If we can't get what we want, then we won't call any mitigation witnesses at all.

Mark Mistretta ‏@MarkMistretta 8m

#JodiArias doesn't look shocked by any of this, so I think this whole thing was planned as "strategy".

So, PW's "statement" probably blames Juan for her not wanting to testify, but JSS won't read that part. :moo:

Why, for heavens sake, did Judge Sherry did not make Jodi speak today?

Because Nurmi had a tantrum and probably said Jodi wasn't ready to speak because he was sure he would get a mistrial because someone intimidated said drug user PW and also failed to sequester the jury.

What a mess, eh?

MOO

Mel

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?
She withdrew because she didn't want to answer Juan's questions. That would have resulted in her taking the 5th, which would have made her unavailable to be a wittness AT ALL.

I think the part that would stand out to me more than "no witnesses" is "no FAMILY"

I mean, really? Not one person that has known her the longest is willing to speak on her behalf?

I mean, they already don't believe her stories...so let's just accept that the jury doesn't believe any of her story! Why is this whole "lack of family support" so important, when the jury doesn't believe it anyway!

DAMN! This is so crazy!!!

Imo, I do not think it's that they won't testify on her behalf, it's that CMJA will not let them for whatever reasons she has or the DT has.

I have a prob with death threats to any witness BUT they could have proceeded with Daryl Brewer anyhow or called a member of her family to speak on her behalf. Also as Juan said, calling Patty W. would have been a waste as she was going to use her 5th amendment right and plead the 5th. I do hope LE is investigating the alleged death threats, that is terrible.

At this point I'm going with the jury is pizzzzed.

The Judge was already pizzed for weeks
The jury was already pizzed for weeks
The Attorneys have been pizzed for weeks
The Family has been pizzed for weeks
And we here at WS have been pizzed for weeks.

Same old / same old

bet she cant show most of that artwork...because she is subjecting herself to potential legal issues...so jodi has like....NOTHING..

shes nobody

#1 Alexander Family

#2 Jodi looking at family?

#3 our KatieCoolady!!

Attachments

• Alexander Family.jpg
    Alexander Family.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Jodi looking at family.jpg
    Jodi looking at family.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 129
  • KatieCool.jpg
    KatieCool.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 172
If a friend of mine was facing the death penalty and I believed that there was good in her, then yes I would testify as to why I believed that, threats or not.

Exactly! You and any other decent person would step forward for a FRIEND. All I can conclude is that in this case, the defendant has no FRIENDS, despite 30+ years of to meet and make countless FRIENDS. I thought she had so many great friends in AZ. That's why she moved there, right? Yet no one comes forward. Is this not telling? :moo:This is sad.

At least her family members might say a few words. Do they? They are sitting right there! No.:stormingmad: If my family member or friend were on trial for her life I would not sit by the sidelines watching and leave them to die. However, I am not related to this defendant. :blushing:

Whats Nurmis next move, gonna throw himself to the floor and have a big ole :tantrum: .

Good question! Maybe he'll use the time between today and tomorrow to figure out how to throw a tantrum while reclining in his chair....:floorlaugh:

Could someone please explain to me what just happened?

Did Nurmi ask for both a mistrial, and, to be removed from representing Arias?

Why are both of Arias' "mitigation" witnesses not testifying?

Are they suggesting that Patty Womack (sp?) cannot testify because she is not sober?

What about DB (the man Arias lived with - along with DB's son) - why isn't he testifying?

What was the reason for Nurmi's requests to the court today? IMO, Nurmi sounded very angry - I have never heard Nurmi sound this angry.

Has Arias done something else to upset Nurmi - Arias' post guilty verdict interview would have to upset Nurmi, IMO (and more than likely JM too).

Why isn't Arias speaking today?

What was the defense's motivation today? The defense must have had a reason to address the court today - what was the defense trying to accomplish?

Again, why isn't Arias speaking today? Soon it will be five years since Travis Alexander was murdered by Arias. This trial has gone on for 4 months - soon it will be 5. Why wouldn't Judge Stephens tell the defense that they have to move forward today? It sounded as though Judge Stephens was well aware of what Nurmi was going to say - as Judge Stephens noted that the defense had requested to be heard in open court.

With all of my questions I think that it is clear that I do not understand what happened today - I would greatly appreciate anyone that could explain it to me.

I don't really see what can be done about that.

If PW had called the police about the death threat, there would have been a record and proof she'd been threatened.

I feel so damn bad for the Alexander family and this poor jury.
Jodi should be ready to make her statement today and they should not be adjourning AGAIN. :facepalm:

I mean seriously, these poor people have lives, jobs, families....wth, this is a circus.

KCL, not sure if you will see this before it disappears in the many pages of posts, but...

has Steven's wife ever been with him in court? He just breaks my heart. I find him so endearing, vulnerable and an amazing voice for Travis.

He needs her there, IMO, At least that is the way it sounded to me in his statement.

HUGS..STEVEN. :heartbeat:

And this is one reason why the killer should be isolated 23 hours a day on death row until her execution, because she WILL find a way to manipulate anyone in any possible way should she be allowed to live in a prison society... she deserves NO freedom whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove