Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15

Defense Expert says Nurmi's request 4 a stay, was so he could have time 2 argue #jodiarias mistrial & withdrawl motions to AZ Supreme Ct

CMJA does NOT look medicated today... her inner psychopath is shining through unfiltered, she must have known it would be a short day.

She's never looked medicated. She's always looked the same to me.

Mark Mistretta ‏@MarkMistretta 8m

#JodiArias doesn't look shocked by any of this, so I think this whole thing was planned as "strategy".

Well she did say it would be a mistrial. Jodi is completely behind all the sh**.

Manipulation till the end. Is her next step to fire her attorneys?

If PW had called the police about the death threat, there would have been a record and proof she'd been threatened.

I'm sure the only person she called was KN. Did anyone see Donovan in court today? I heard on FB that her parole officer is none too happy (but that's just a FB thing).

MOO

Mel

Why would JSS allow them to say Patti wasn't available to testify when that's clearly not the truth??

It is the truth. Patti refuses to testify. She's in California not AZ. Amazing how fast CA mail system is. She left there Thursday and Nurmi has the letter this morning.

WTF happened????? This is crazy!!:abduction: Beam me up Scottie!!

kn was really pretty feisty, wasn't he. As they came back from the bench kn looked like he could KILL JM.....awwwwwwwwwww

So tomorrow....maybe and maybe not!!

I have never seen so many ex parte and closed meetings in my life

I wouldn't be suprised if tomorrow we can't have court because the jury just stays home. It's getting to the point of what the hell is the point. These poor people

Mark Mistretta ‏@MarkMistretta 8m

#JodiArias doesn't look shocked by any of this, so I think this whole thing was planned as "strategy".

In fact, IMHO, from the moment court convened today she sported a mismatched seething smugness on her face that, given the outcome for today, speaks volumes. :banghead:

CMJA does NOT look medicated today... her inner psychopath is shining through unfiltered, she must have known it would be a short day.

I had the opposite impression. I think she looks totally loaded on tranquilizers or something similar. I thought that's "the information" the defense gave the judge which prompted her to say "we cannot proceed today" - that JA is too medicated to speak.

Whatever. It's always something. Tomorrow it will be something else. And on and on...

Judge seems a little annoyed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes she does. She wants this case off her docket. It's been dragging and I'm sure she's annoyed.
It's the judge's decision, isn't it? I'd be SO pissed if I were on the jury, or of course, if I was Travis' family. The judge doesn't seem to take the jury into account at all. Enough already.

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

Well here's my take on it. IF the death threats were true AND if Patti hadn't refused to answer some of Juan's questions I would have a problem with it. I'm skeptical of Patti's authentic reason for not showing up today. Is it because she's afraid of being charged with a crime herself? Or is it because of the death threats (should they really exist)?

But I do completely condemn any death threats to any witness. That's simply not acceptable. I'm just not sure that's what is really going on here.

I am just shocked beyond belief that Jodi's mom and dad are present (and who are those 2 kids with them??) and they are not testifying to ask their daughter's life be spared. I cannot imagine such a thing - it is blowing my mind.

If I were a juror, in a way I'd feel that Jodi was quite pathetic, but the other part of me would feel that it's like just TELLING the juror to put Jodi to death imo

One of her mitigation factors is no family support, all of her family sitting there in court while her life hangs in the balance and not a one of them speaking to beg for her life is a rather powerful picture for the jury.

Nurmi now asked for a "stay of these proceedings so we can seek emergency relief". Denied

Judge will read statement to jury that witness Womack is unavailable

Yeah…and tomorrow they will ask for another delay to prepare witnesses to speak on Jodi's behalf. What's the matter with her family? They've known her for 32 years and have more REASON to speak kindly of her than anyone on this planet.

If the truth was to be told, Jodi Arias has NO REDEEMING QUALITIES! And there lies your problem, Nurmi! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I think the part that would stand out to me more than "no witnesses" is "no FAMILY"

I mean, really? Not one person that has known her the longest is willing to speak on her behalf?

I mean, they already don't believe her stories...so let's just accept that the jury doesn't believe any of her story! Why is this whole "lack of family support" so important, when the jury doesn't believe it anyway!

DAMN! This is so crazy!!!

If I was a juror the only thing that could get to me to consider Mercy would be if her family came and begged for some. If they testified what a sweet, kind little girl she had been, and they felt guilty for never getting her the help she needed, I might consider LWOP. But to have the entire family sitting in the front row, and have none of them coming forward to her defense....that seems awkward.

The reason Jodi's family isn't testifying on her behalf is ~ JODI won't allow it. She's the one that made that decision.

The fact remains that throughout the entire trial, Jodi & her council painted Jodi's family as abusive to her. They've maintained for 4 months now that her family is nothing but a bunch of meanies, and that's why they can't put a single one of them on the stand to act like they now like her. Now, none if it's true, mind you... But, if they get up there now, it's going to be obvious that they DO in fact care about her, and Jodi will sit there seething and shooting them dirty looks ~ and none of it will sit well with that whole "my family's so mean to me" scenario. It'll just pull the lid off THAT particular lie, so what's the point?

This whole thing is such a farce...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member