Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point the fault/blame/responsibility belongs squarely on JUDGE SHERRY STEPHEN'S shoulders for continued delays. It's HER courtroom and it's HER rules. If she would put her foot down and mean it and hold true to it then the trial would proceed. You can't expect a defense team (any defense team) to bend over backwards to 'help' get their client convicted and sentenced to death. Of course they're going to try delay tactics! Smarmy? Sure. Rare? Not so much.

In the end it comes down to the JUDGE. And THIS judge has shown some real weaknesses and the DT is exploiting them, as any DT would do, given the opportunity to do so.

I don't know how she does it, but I really feel like she continues to manipulate and that somehow, someway, it will end up in her favor, no matter what happens. She is too pleased.

*Sings in my best Frank Sanatra voice* It's witchcraft. ..

I think the Patty female was scared of the questions JM will be asking her in court in front of the jury.

Is Patty's testimony considered to be that vitally (literally) important that is would prevent the jury from making a decision in favor of the death penalty?

What is the motivation here? Is this intended to be fuel for the fire for an appeal?

If I were on the jury, I would be SO ANGRY right now. Doesn't the DT think this will alienate the jurors even more?? Do they really think they can get a mistrial, even now??

Well, the convicted killer looked pretty pleased with herself. Put off the inevitable another day...w00t!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
:stormingmad:

and back to twitterville. Let's see what the CMJA has to say today!

What have I missed? No court today again I presume?

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I am just shocked beyond belief that Jodi's mom and dad are present (and who are those 2 kids with them??) and they are not testifying to ask their daughter's life be spared. I cannot imagine such a thing - it is blowing my mind.

If I were a juror, in a way I'd feel that Jodi was quite pathetic, but the other part of me would feel that it's like just TELLING the juror to put Jodi to death imo

IF there were death threats, I'm wondering if they came from JA's family?

The defense is trying to blame others for the fact that JA has no credible witnesses who want to testify to her character. All of those family members there, and not one to speak for JA??
I agree the judge should have made JA speak today, if she really plans to. What could the defense have said to get yet another postponement? But, I do like the way the judge stood up to the defense - until the postponement, that is.

That was brilliant of her. She saw right through the defense trying to call this very unlikely witness, KNOWING her drug arrests, etc. They KNEW what JM would bring out in her depo. this was not reinventing the wheel. They knew, and guess what the judge was one step ahead of them.

That would make sense. I'd probably feel the same as her. But do we know that Brewer actually declined to testify? Maybe the DT just declined to call anybody at all, to make their argument stronger. Did they say they're going to go over the judge's head on this issue?
This is a temper tantrum of Shakespearian proportion. If we can't quit, we'll just hold our breath until we turn blue and pass out.

Oh the TV in this household is NOT staying on JVM.... ENOUGH JA, ENOUGH KN, ENOUGH HLN, ENOUGH ARIAS....

ENOUGH

ENOUGH

ENOUGH!!!!!1

Nurmi is pissed, judge is pissed. What's the excuse for DB not being there. :waitasec:

BBM

Can we get confirmation that DB was not there today?

If we do, then we know with certainty that the DT did not plan to present any mitigation witnesses.

All I have to say at this point is that JSS should not entertain any further delays. Tomorrow looks like a perfect day for a migraine, if you know what I mean, but enuff is enuff.

:floorlaugh: Not ONE mitigation witness. Wow, just wow. Jodi's plan working out because it's showtime for her tomorrow. :facepalm:
I kind of suspect that is what really happened-cancel everyone because it must be all about her.

All that will happen is, if in fact they appeal and there is a re sentencing, ALL these Jodi witnesses have to come back and this will go on for THEM for years.

They are delaying the inevitable.

No way could anything they have heard, read or been told by way of intimidation match on any scale the oppositions sides cheerleaders.

This is simply a delay tactic.

Yes, because Juan spoke to her and she went into hiding like MM and apparently now DB too.

On the other hand, the DT is kinda right with the exposure. Asking for a sequestered jury, no cameras all was denied.

I thought it was also stated that Patti didn't show up??

The DT is doing a typical defense maneuver to delay whenever they can. The problem is JSS is so scared of any potential future appeal that she is letting this go on and on and on regardless of the impact to the jurors, who continually are told to show up and they do, on time, and then get sent home after waiting.

Sorry but I fault JSS for some of the delays. DTs will always push boundaries. It's up to the JUDGE to limit the boundaries and make the proceedings go forward. The JUDGE is to blame here, IMHO.

The Judge is not to blame. The Judge is making sure that the proceedings are protected. IF she made her go forth today it could be an issue for later. by giving them the time she is protecting the penalty verdict.

She is doing a GREAT JOB!

I am trying to consider this. Who would threaten anyone speaking for the defense? She's already been found guilty, the only people who would be upset with how this trial is going is JA, her defense team, her family, so why would any one of them care who spoke up for JA?
I do not believe it! Do not believe any death threats were made at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove