Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was all bullchit - the judge offered to have the witnesses testimony done in a sealed proceeding...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If they would have been done in sealed proceedings, does that mean the jurors would have been the only ones who got to read them?

I dont understand how the sealed prceedings would have helped her any other way? :confused:

My guess is that the DT told the judge that "We expected for you to rule in our favor, so our client wasn't prepared to give her statement today...yadayadabullshat...so, we need the afternoon to counsel with our client to see what she wants to do...yadayadamorebullshat, etc."

So, JSS caved. I kind of feel for her though...this morning was a real Bozo Shat Storm. She looked really pizzed. JMO

Nurmi has been bullying this Judge since day one, and she has let him.

I think in Jodi's grand master plan, she does not want her family taking the stand because it would take away from her "abuse" and "support" mitigation factors.

Good point. And who really knows what is going on with this family. If one of my family members was convicted of murder one and possibly facing a death sentence...we would be holding each other up as we walked to the court room as someone else administered smelling salts to both my parent's. Here we have JA's family walking into the court house - some of them looked pretty chipper...I don't get it.

The gas cans are irrelevant at this point. Jodi has already been convicted. I am more confused by Darryl not testifying than anything else that happened today.

As for the interrogation tape with Jodi's mom, hasn't that been ruled inadmissible? I'm just confused. This seems like the most bizarre thing they could possibly do - not present any mitigation case.

Oh man, just turned on the tv, sweating bullets and I hear court was called off because no witnesses for Jodi because they are scared? Well whose fault is that>? I thought if you were called as a witness you HAD to show aside from death? What am I missing here?

The witnesses are not residents of AZ so I don't think they can force them to testify. Maybe the attorneys can answer this question.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I didn't think that the mitigation witnesses would be cross-examined directly. I though JM would point out any fallacies after they were off the stand.

So, today was about DT getting it on record that they simply do not approve/have any unimpeachable mitigation witnesses. They would all just hurt JA's case.

That says so much about JA's life, that anyone who could and would get up to speak for her will actually hurt her case!

... whatever Jodi wants... Jodi gets... until after she speaks.

She is a fool grasping at straws- at this point she just wants it to be on her terms.

She will make the determination when SHE speaks.

SHE will make the determination who else speaks on her behalf.

SHE will decide that she wants the death penalty- NOT the jury.

She will kill herself- I am certain, if she is given the death penalty.

It is all on her terms, in her own deluded mind.

Juan must have had something to impeach Daryl with. I have no doubt that Daryl's interview with Juan went similar to PW... just with differing evidence that caused him or the DT to decide his testifying was not a good idea for JA. MOO of course.

This is precisely what makes us all crazy. Can you imagine actually having a relationship with her? If I was a juror it would take all I had when she got her way again this morning ... not to fly across the room at her and execute her myself.

RBBM: She is extremely DEFIANT and extremely arrogant ... nothing would surprise me ...

Jodi is running the show ... always has been and always will be running the show ...

I think the defense team definitely knew it was a strong probability that she could get a 1st Degree Murder Verdict ...

But NOT Jodi ... in her "warped mind" she really thought that jury was going to buy into her b . . . s . . . NOT !

I think it was Jodi who has resorted to these "last minute tactics" because she really did NOT believe she would ever get 1st degree -- she probably thought she'd get 2nd or manslaughter ... NOT !

She is absolutely delusional ...

:seeya:

I agree. And not only that, but I think the reason she didn't look all that perturbed by the end of court today, is because she's now pinning all her hopes on an appeal. She was pizzed when Juan was arguing against the BS she gave Nurmi, but by the time JSS adjourned, she looked satisfied.

I think she is so delusional that she's just looking forward to her "speech" tomorrow and winning a future appeal.

I don't think she is preparing herself for a lifetime on death row or LWOP or a future injection, AT ALL. I think somewhere in her strongly bricked up fantasy world, she thinks she's going to eventually walk.

She's a loony bird, in other words.

Just MHOO.

so the entire family is showing up in court for the first time, but not testifying, as confirmation that jodi has no family support, is that right?

Down the rabbit hole in jodi-land, yes this is accurate!

Perhaps they draw the line at perjuring themselves. They may realize that if they get up there and tell the truth, they will increase her chances of getting DP.

I can't imagine they don't want to testify. Either Jodi or the lawyers must be preventing them from doing so.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

So does Jodi just get up on the stand tomorrow and blab away? Or will it be another Nurmi-Jodi love fest ad infinitum?

The gas cans are irrelevant at this point. Jodi has already been convicted. I am more confused by Darryl not testifying than anything else that happened today.

As for the interrogation tape with Jodi's mom, hasn't that been ruled inadmissible? I'm just confused. This seems like the most bizarre thing they could possibly do - not present any mitigation case.

I'm really confused about DB not testifying as well...Why was it not discussed at all in today's proceedings???

Mark Mistretta ‏@MarkMistretta 8m

#JodiArias doesn't look shocked by any of this, so I think this whole thing was planned as "strategy".

Awhile ago, I told my daughter the same thing. Only, I think it's JA's 'planned strategy.' I believe she MAY have worked this out with her friend. We know she's very persuasive to get people to go along with her.

IF this were true, I wouldn't blame anyone other than JA. I think the pros should have LE follow up on this allege threat to the witness. It would be interesting to see what the outcome of an investigation would show.

JMHO
fran

PS... otoh, still go ahead with the sentencing as the judge has said. fran

Sister wears a "Survivor" shirt to court today

BKu14ovCEAQnjiN.jpg:large

Seems like the Dad's health is better. Out and about, walking around. Good for him.

Seems like the sister is getting attention. Someone needs to tell this young girl, bringing negative attention to yourself isn't very smart. JMO

I won't say more..want to watch the finale.

The Alexander family has SO MUCH CLASS!! I don't know how I could take it!

I predict tomorrow the CM will go for the mid face swept bangs look

but no blue nails

I KNOW!!! She once had red tipped nails, and it made me want to scream!

Supremely unprofessional in a venue where conservative and professional dress should be the standard. Don't even get me started on the mitigation flamingo.

Another Cunning Stunt pulled by a __________ ___________.

Thant can't be a timeout, can it?

Great post!

I did think, though, that Juan could cross examine and object to mitigation witnesses. Does that only pertain to other witnesses, not the killer?

Explain why by allocating she can't be crossed. I'm new to this term.

If they would have been done in sealed proceedings, does that mean the jurors would have been the only ones who got to read them?

I dont understand how the sealed prceedings would have helped her any other way? :confused:

It wouldn't because JM's questions to her would be the same as they were on Thursday when she pleading the 5th.

Why is it that defense keeps bringing on witnesses that need to seek their own counsel right in the middle of their statements because suddenly they want to plead the 5th? Who has gotten into trouble so far: MM, ALV, Gus, Patti? Any more????

MOD MESSAGE

READ CAREFULLY

What happened in court today is EXACTLY why we have to be SO CAREFUL about what we permit here to be discussed regarding witnesses. It is against the law to intimidate a witness. Websleuths wants in no way to be associated with witness intimidation.

I realize it may be a poor argument on the part of the defense, but it is at issue - front and center right now. I don't think anyone here wants to intentionally do anything that could give the defense a good reason, but folks, it can happen. Websleuths has been brought up in TESTIMONY in more than one high profile case. We are very visible and the defense (as well as witnesses) read here.

Therefore, ABSOLUTELY NO DISCUSSION concerning Patti Womack's possible criminal history. ABSOLUTLEY NO DISCUSSION regarding Alyce LaViolette. Same goes for Darryl Brewer.

Please understand that Websleuths has an obligation to protect the integrity of the Court proceedings. That is first and foremost here.

We're too close to the end here. Please adhere to the above rules. It is very important.

PLEASE ALERT ANY POSTS IN VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE MOD ADMONITION. We appreciate your help. :tyou:

Thanks mods for all of your time and effort along this long process. I can only imagine the work you have had to do. YA'LL ARE AWESOME. Thanks for this timely reminder that we are all here to witness the process and participate from the spectator section without interfering by giving the defense ANY reason to use our words to enable JA to deny justice to the family of Travis.

Just remember that our hasty words of frustration may linger here forever. When all else fails just sit on your hands, lol!! We need "sitting on hands" smilies!

We are in the home stretch and we aren't about to see the justice and karma train run off the rails now. Peace and love to everyone out there, this is my ONLY place for dealing with this trial because I know our mods keep it from becoming a circus. Justice is coming!!

The CM looking back at her family. Not too sad!

Attachments

• cmfamily.jpg
    cmfamily.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics