Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or during FJA's allocution did it sound like she was speaking as some sort of mentor to female inmates rather than the inmate she is? She's not a mentor, she's not special, and she's not a redeeming person whatsoever.

The jury's got to be curious why this supportive, loving family sitting there in the front row who JA is pleading to be saved FOR didn't testify or say a single word on her behalf. Nothing, nada, never. During guilt phase, now, recorded statement on tape, written statement read by lawyers, NOTHING.

It's like the family are props to her, they show up when they're needed for her to reference them, but never do what most normal affected family members would do. Though they are there to support her with offensive "Survivor" tshirts and lighthearted behavior each and everyday.

Her family wouldn't weigh heavily on my mind as a juror. It would be about JA and JA alone, the individual who truly has nothing to contribute to any society and really needs to be on death row.

I sure hope today's was the last performance the murderer gets to do. If she is not in solitude, she will continue to perform and believe herself to be a star. Let her rot in a cell, all alone, until the needle sends her to her ultimate destiny..

I'm no lawyer but JA's best shot at getting life would have been to simply say 'I'm sorry I murdered Travis. I'm sorry for having caused so much pain. Travis was a wonderful man. I'm sorry for having wasted everyone's time. I'm sorry for the person I've become. I cannot understand how I was capable of such horrific violence. I need help. I'm a sick, sick girl. I'm willing to be honest, get help and rehabilitate myself. If you put me to death then I won't have that chance. I'm undeserving but I'm begging you all now. For my sake. For my family's sake.'

I will go to my grave not knowing why they chose this route...

OMG-What about her dig at Sam when she said Travis was the glue that held their family together

And Jodi tells the jury that Travis said it was their grandmother who was

I was SOO PIZZED

I caught that....it was mere tackiness.

The worst part for me today was when JW was going on about how JA could have been a writer, a great saleswoman, a famous artist or maybe even a defense attorney. I'm surprised she did not throw in astronaut, firefighter or president of the United States--she had about the same chance of those.

Dawn Hayes ‏@MrsDawnHayes 3m

SO SO SO SO happy Juan mentioned parole in 25 yrs! Jurors didn't know that. Hope they consider that and go for death! #jodiarias

I was clapping when he said this-I was soo happy to

I'll you something else, as long as we're waiting. I would have given her the death penalty just for that "portrait" of Elvis that she showed in court today.

Wonder what that means...

I look at Jodi Arias throughout the closing arguments and see zero remorse. She just can not stop whispering to Jennifer Willmott even when they raised for the jury. It's beyond annoying to me.

I thought JA's family looked kind of disinterested. And didn't you love how JA used her family as the excuse to keep her alive and breathing?

Jodi can read and can also speak Spanish, I would imagine there are a lot of other women in prison who could fill that role.

Not once in ANY of her journal entries that I saw did I see any spanish words...NONE! I DO NOT think she speaks or writes spanish. The only spanish she owns is Arias in her name...that's IT! Teach spanish...pfft! When we get upset (latinas) we instinctively cuss in spanish and we express our written thoughts in spanish at some point or another...it's just how I have always seen it. JMHO

The worst part for me today was when JW was going on about how JA could have been a writer, a great saleswoman, a famous artist or maybe even a defense attorney. I'm surprised she did not throw in astronaut, firefighter or president of the United States--she had about the same chance of those.

I was waiting for "*advertiser censored* star."

((Hugs)) glad we are back, that was the worst cold turkey... Racing home, please let this be the verdict that comes in so fast I miss it!! Fingers crossed!

What is the big deal about 'designing' that shirt? It's just a tee that has the word survivor on it. It's not like she made her own shirt with a spinning wheel (she is just like Gandhi, dontcha know?) and then hand stitched that word onto the fabric.

I'm just thinking the jury may come back today. If they go back there and do a quick poll, and all say death, why not?

Seems very possible, but they'd probably at least wait until the morning for the sake of appearances, I would think.

My mother is in the same situation and the VERY same thing!

Have no fear. JA hasn't donated any hair to Locks of Love IMO. For starters you must have a minimum of 10 inches of hair to donate in a ponytail and it can't have been bleached then dyed.

She wasn't under oath for that statement...clearly!

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

And I think the quotes she used from Stephen and Samantha were the parts that she hated the most and that made her the angriest -- like Stephen's part where he said "I don't want to see my brother's murdererer every again." Notice she brought that up....b/c she must have been seething with anger ever since she heard that. That really struck out to me, that she even bothered to bring that up, it's just b/c she actually hates that he said it.

Did anyone notice that SA's tie tack today was a little pair of handcuffs? I snickered at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper