Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 3m
We will get a one-hour notice once a verdict is reached so families can get to the courthouse. There will be no... http://fb.me/1wupVL7Fx

If she gets the DP today, does anyone know how long until the actual sentencing?
I'm sure that Nurmi/Wilmott will immediately stand up and ask for the sentence to be thrown out and other objections ad nausem.

It won't be quite over, but the important part will be.

With DP, sentencing would be immediate, and JA will be whisked off to prison. If she gets life, sentencing would be within 30-60 days.

When asked Tuesday night if she ever dreamed of Alexander, she said that shortly after her arrest, while she was still in jail in California, she dreamed that he was there with her, lounging in “the tank.” When she asked him what he was doing there, he said, “We all have to do time for what we’ve done.”

M. Kiefer article last night, AZ Republic

That's a nice story, Jodi. And that's all it is -- a story. Sounds like something out of a movie, or her fertile imagination. Was he playing a harmonica in the dream, too?

Ok so Sheriff Joe allows access and interviews but this is JAIL. Why aren't there 'visiting hours' and restrictions?

Can not imagine just how much money and diversion of jail guards have been invested in allowing her this opportunity. She has been convicted of first degree murder and should not have these freedoms and opportunities IMO.

Daily. You are now in France, at a little cafe, sitting outside at a table for 1 watching everyone else drink wine. :)

No prob. Just pretend you're in Europe...it's evening there.

It's 5:00 somewhere :D

Dilemma....should I drink wine before noon? Not feeling relaxed at all.
I declared drinking time over an hour ago. It's 18:36 her. You've got some catching up to do.

Dear Lifelife,
Thank you for posting JM closing on last thread. Just watched it. It was so good. Yes, Travis will always be 30. On the other hand, Jodi will never see 30 again. She will just grow into an old *advertiser censored*, graying, wrinkling, and no more tv interviews.

-----------------

You've seen my picture!!! gray and shriveled up! She is in for a shock in prison. :floorlaugh:

:seeya:

It seems that Valez Mitchell is on the side of Life. She can't stop talking about how Jodi is mentally ill and should have received counseling. This is in line with Dr Drew's thinking and his co-host - they both want her to be spared. Personally I am hoping for the Death penalty.

JVM is super-wired this morning. I appreciate and respect that she is a recovering alcoholic so drugs are a out of the question, but I really, really wish she could take a tranquilizer cuz she is giving me a headache,

"I didn't know you were a hater when you came to intvw me"

And doesn't that just say so much about where her brain is? I use teen speak when joshing with my Teen Queen, but in normal everyday conversations with customers or my grandma I wouldn't use that. And my grandma is pretty hip! All of her 'I don't know what you mean by that' junk was just her trying to remember all the big words she uses but doesn't really know the definition or syntax of.

I would love to hear from the jurors after this is over with. They have really done such a great job, they deserve a standing ovation. And a much needed vacation!

drool.gif

swoon.gif

OMG, you people are amazing and awesome.

Thanks OP for asking, and thanks to 21merc7 for making it happen.

Beth Karas · 38,000 like this
2 minutes ago · ..

We will get a one-hour notice once a verdict is reached so families can get to the courthouse. There will be no court on Friday and Monday, should there be no verdict this week. #jodiarias

OK I give in....threw out the java and poured some vino which I hope to intake slowly. Don't want to be asleep when the verdict comes in.

I thought they did not dress up last time they gave us a verdict? If I remember correctly the only day they did dress up was on the day that victim impact statements were made. Maybe I'm confused?

I have said all along .... because I live in AZ and I KNOW for a fact... We here in AZ ....will absolutely hand down the death penalty in shorts and flip-flops!!!

If she gets the DP today, does anyone know how long until the actual sentencing?
I'm sure that Nurmi/Wilmott will immediately stand up and ask for the sentence to be thrown out and other objections ad nausem.

It won't be quite over, but the important part will be.

I can't remember who said it (Sheriff Joe, last night?), but they said she would go IMMEDIATELY to Perryville.:jail:

Amy Murphy: Are you ready to meet your maker?

JA: blah blah blah but even if they hand down the death sentence, it won't be contemporaneous, you know what I mean? (Smirk)

Argh!! Oh, and if she had documented the abuse, then this would all be different and the jury would have understood. You know, because it would have made total sense to skulk back into AZ and slaughter Travis.

So flip flops on one juror and another with a bag of food. hmmmmm. I'm munching my nails again and they are throbbing!!!

So....

If jury sentences LIFE without PAROLE, Jodi will be housed in general population, with roommate, more free reign in group setting?

If jury sentences DEATH, Jodi will be house in 6 x 9 isolated cell for 23 hrs per day, no contact with other inmates, and only 2 hours outdoor time alone?

So for at least the next 12 - 15 years (appeals process, etc).....this decision comes down to size of cell and human contact???

HLN just reported that JSS is reading an instruction...did the jury ask a question, anyone??

The optimist in me says there were shorts and flip-flops for the GUILTY verdict before, and maybe it's this guys turn to bring snacks. :praying:

Maybe he's bring the snacks in early because they won't need to take a lunch today...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB