Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's interesting :) I always think most posters here are female. I like your idea, I'm going to turn off HLN and watch a few Betty Davis videos.

I always assume that people may not be self reporting accurately, so to me it's any one's guess. ;)

Here is the actual question:

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

Oh! Interesting! That makes a big difference, IMO.
And does that mean that Juror 18 - The Artist is the foreman?

Scarlett that is not what the Judge said in Court. She said that they COULDN'T reach a verdict they agree on.

Isn't it possible she was just paraphrasing the question? Maybe even assuming the question meant they were at a standstill? Does anyone know if there is anyplace to see the exact wording of the jury question?

I guessed as much thank to that picture of Vivien Leigh! At least I got one right! :woohoo:

There are a number of posters with a man as their avatar who are not male. I've guessed wrong twice. Happens to the best of us, I guess. It helps to have "mom" in my name!

Trying to distract myself....Watching some tv and posting here.

I feel like a fool. Why do I assume that most everyone on here is male? The few that I assume are female turn out to be male. :waitasec::dunno:

I dunno. Beats me.

BHi6BzJCAAAv9qL.jpg:large

But there's probably a reason that you feel this way.​

Hmmm... really? That sounds like something to make when you're craving a dessert but there's nothing sweet in the house so you just throw sugar on some random food item. I do it all the time. I've come up with some funky combos. I love me some cheesecake though, Godiva cheesecake especially!

Yep that's the sitch .. keep not going shopping, have managed the main meals no problem, but as far as food for me when hanging around in the house goes there's nothing!

HLN says that they spoke with Arizona Corrections about Jodi wanting to start programs in the prison. AC stated that that will not happen!

Sorry JayB12. Don't mean to mess up this thread. Just nervous and looking for distractions. :seeya:

No...no...not messing it up at all.

I've been curious too because sometimes when you post a reply or whatever, some of the content to which you reply may make more sense if you knew if the OP was younger, older, male, female, etc.

Like...when I reply to Katiecoo's posts, I totally get where she is coming from because I can picture who she is and what she looks like. Silly maybe but I'm a visual gal.

Big Hugs to my Basilcat!!!!! So glad to have met you!!!!!!!

In Canada we don't have the option of a death penalty...
When I used to debate I always took the anti DP stance...
Always...
Then I was a victim of a horrible crime...and there was no remorse from the killers....
None...zero....

Like Jodi...

When I used to be anti DP I was not intimate with the gut wrenching pain/ the shattered lives and total loss of innocence and care freeness that those who have experienced a brutal awful theft of a cherished and innocent loved ones life feel....

The numbing reality of a sweet, dear one taken away forever by the selfish, evil acts of those that do not care...
Certain people cannot be rehabilitated- ever...
...certain people should not be shown any mercy.....ever....
Jodi is one of these...she is evil personified....
A small space and little interaction on death row is even too much...

I know I use humour often and I love and cherish all of you who understand...life does go on...I don't want the killers to win by making me forever bitter...
Our girl will be forever 20...Travis will be forever 30...they both died in 2008...

Jodi has already had 5 more years...
Jodi doesn't deserve another day....
She just doesn't....
And if she does have another day I pray that it will be a lonely, desolate cell on Death Row...
This is how and why I feel...
Come on Jury....

Juror 18 signed the question form, so ostensibly s/he's the foreperson. Anyone remember the nic? I think the jurors' prolonged exposure to JA convinced them that Dr. Demarte's BPD+ diagnosis was spot on. JA isn't crazy in the "doesn't know right from wrong" sense, but she's disturbed. I hoped the jury would realize the danger she poses to others and isolate her on death row, and they might still. But one or more may believe JA's pathologies motivated and enabled the brutal murder of TA and she should spend the rest of her troubled life confined in prison, but not be killed for something she nor anyone else could fix.

Can anyone confirm that only the foreperson can submit questions or that the foreperson must sign questions for the judge?

her offering to educate inmates:scared:

her lovely artwork:fence:

her recycling idea:moo:

her family :jail: who visit her in jail and cry about it

her giving her hair to a cause :facepalm:
all spell SAINT JA:stormingmad:

The thought of CMJA ever being eligible for parole, even the slightest possibility, is just awful. The fact that the Alexander family would have to go up against a parole board every year fight to keep her where she is and deal with JA, see their brother's murderer, hear from her, deal with her bull, her legal team, and the whole parole process... it's terrible.
It's clear she will do everything she can to make their lives hell on top of what she's already done. To cut her off from the world and put her in that death row cell 23 hours a day and make her wait for her execution in isolation is to really give the family the most peace they can get when it comes to the killer.

I'm reminded of katiecoolady her situation with her sister killer. Everytime the killer came up for parole katie was there to give the parole board a reminder of what her families been through.

Yes. That is a tough one. But she is not a baby anymore. She made this choice.
It is heart breaking how one soul, when gone bad impacts so much pain on so many people.
If it were my child, that woulnd't matter a whit to me. As his mother, those sweet memories of baby powder, the night he was born and late night rocking and cooing, etc are the memories that would flood me as I sat waiting to learn of his fate, that's all I'm saying.

She had not come up with the two intruders lie until over a month later after being arrested on July 15th, 2008.

She also had not come up with a domestic violence/abuse story until two years later, and then added the pedophilia angle as an embellishment.

She has proven to be a poor liar and a bad (sloppy) murderer.

But I still believe that she was preparing to kill again as she had loaded up another rental car with new higher calibre gun and several knives, but the cops picked her up for questioning before she could "go quietly into the night" to continue her new lifestyle as a (now experienced) murderer on the run. Her next victim(s) would be dispatched more efficiently, since she already had one murder under her belt.

She may not have come up with the intruder story as far as her being there but it is clear that she wanted the police to think that Travis was killed by two people to begin with. She thought that if the police thought there were two killers then it would take the attention away from her. Remember her "dream" she wrote about in her journal after she killed Travis where she said she had a dream that two people killed Travis?

[B said:
my_tee_mouse;9480095[/B]] <respectfully snipped>

"I see people are still under the impression that this jury can decide the death penalty or life. Nope. They decide the death penalty, or they are hung. That is their only decision to make".

Thank you for making this clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member