Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They question was asked by juror # 18- "what if"

She answered his question as though they had not agreed BUT his question was "WHAT IF"

But I don't see the big deal about the wording? I mean, why else would they submit the question regarding if they couldn't come to a unanimous verdict? That means that, at least for now, they are not unanimous. Yes, maybe they did want to know what would happen, would they get new jury, what would happen to Jodi? I'm sure they were wondering this and watned to know before they actually marked it on the verdict box, which after that, they could not change.

However....that still means that at that point they wree not unanimous, that's why they were asking. Am i missing something?

They question was asked by juror # 18- "what if"

She answered his question as though they had not agreed BUT his question was "WHAT IF"

It was which form/paper to send in if they could not agree. The judge seemed convinced they were about to inform her they were deadlocked and indicated that in the courtroom to them. Read them the dynamite charge and sent them back to work.

That is NOT CORRECT at all.
Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 3 - Part 2 (Final Jury Instructions) - YouTube

From the judge's mouth during jury instructions: Ladies and gentlemen you will decide between life imprisonment or death. At 02:00 - 02:10. After the jury chooses life, then the judge can choose between LWOP or LWP.

Yes. You are right. They are debating LIFE OF DEATH. They don't get to decide what kind of Life she gets. That is up to the Judge but there was a ruling years ago that only jurors could decide death for a defendant.

There were several DP overturned because of it.

OT; A dear friend of mine went in for surgery today and something happened with her lungs and she is now in ICU.....I am asking for everyone to please please pray for her right now....her name is Elizabeth.....thank you

Lots of prayers for your dear friend Elizabeth...

This is one of JA's interviews that I sure WISH the jury could see right now :

This is where JA says she feels "betrayed" by the jury :

It starts at appx 1:57 :

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/jodi-arias-feels-betrayed-jury-115902659.html

:furious:

It seem that Jodi feels betrayed by anyone who doesn't do her bidding. She was betrayed by her mother, by Travis, and now by the jury. This is typical Borderline behavior - Jodi is always right, and everyone else is wrong. Anyone who doesn't see the world the way Jodi wants them to see it is inferior to Jodi because she has superior cerebral functioning.

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!
This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that, but I'll get into that in my notes

BUMPING for those who are asking about JUROR 18 and probably missed Rose's post.

to come back that quickly indicates that someone is being adamant that they will not issue a DP.....earlier NanGrace said that if its one, then the chances are that they weren't 100% honest in the picking the jury phase when they were asked if they had it in them to issue a DP, if it came to it
I think it has to be someone saying they aren't budging for the Jury to come back so quickly saying they can't be unanimous ... well they got 3 alternates, pick one out of the box to replace hard-nose

I just went back to hear the final Jury Instructions. Any question for the Judge must be signed by the juror asking the questions OR the foreperson.

So Juror 18 - The Artist is not necessarily the foreman.

I'm female....hubbie refers to me as a spastic poodle

marilyn_poodle.jpg

The juror descriptions are on page 1 of each thread on the court Obs thread

I am somewhat confused or am not paying attention, can someone clarify?

If JA gets LWOP, does she still get 25 years and then is eligibe for parole under a new rule? I am reading conflicting reports regarding this issue, as JA would be eligible for parole after 20 years as she has already service 5 if she received LWOP. I made a statement earlier that I would have preferred a hung jury if this woman can be eligible for parole after 20 years because of this reasoning, she should never be allowed to be a free woman ever.

I prefer the DP, but I hope this all ends soon, if she can get LWOP and live the rest of her natural life in prison then so be it, the Alexander family can possibly have some measure of closure and never have to hear/see/look at this psychopath ever again.

I found this at the Death Penalty Information Center http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/:

Az. Rev. Stat. § 13-703.01
(A) If state is seeking death, then there is first the question as whether D. will be sentenced to death. If the jury says no to death then the jury must decide between LWOP or life (25 years if the murdered person was 15 years or older or 35 years if the murdered person was under the age of 15 - this includes the unborn).

True. But it makes it hard when it comes to pronouns. If, for example, I were to say that "Websurfer said in his post a couple of pages back . . ." would I be right or wrong? Maybe you don't care (I wouldn't), but I think it annoys some people.

Websurfer said in a post... LOL

My guess is, out of balanced Libra, into passionate Scorpio. Lol. At any rate, some passionate feelings about to begin, no waffling with words.

Right. Libra can be indecisive, weighing both sides of the issue, wanting to be fair. Scorpio is fixed and serious, down to the nitty gritty. Also sits on the house of death.

Does anyone know the court schedule??? I will be driving all day tomorrow (to Toronto) and heading home on Tuesday. Are deliberations scheduled for tomorrow if the jury proceeds until hopefully a verdict?? Are they planning on deliberating Friday if they are still discussing it among themselves?? Monday, for sure a day off. Just hoping I won't be driving when and if this jury returns with a verdict.

Shout out to any Canucks - I will be staying near O'Connor and Woodbine Roads. Anyone close to that area???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89