Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking we have a serious problem here since it has been 5+ hours they have been deliberating.

I mean, come on. I have to go to dinner with friends.

:banghead:I just woke up to the not-so-good news. (Japan: morning) My first reaction is that I HATE this jury!! I absolutely am sick of this ineffective and abusive form of "justice"!! HOW is this a hard decision?? HOW?? I am in disbelief and need someone to hose me down :stormingmad: Gotta calm down, got kids to teach soon. However, after school I will turn livid again if this jury turns out to be hung or gives this lying, evil, alien, '3HW' murderess LIFE and a "SECOND CHANCE" which Travis (and to a huge degree his family) will NEVER EVER HAVE!!!

Hugs, Yuzu. I feel ya.

BUT, the biggest hurdle has been reached, murder 1. That was just.

JA will not thrive or flourish with life. She will be introduced to a whole other dimension of prison inmates, also doing hard time, who will not care one bit about her celebrity, and may even hold it against her.

Either way, she will never get out of prison, never get parole even if she comes up for it. She is done.

In the words of the great DF, it is over, it is so over.

GUYS! Did you SEE the GMA guy? He actually asked Stabby a question about her fabrications. And then she called him a hater.

If more of the journos would approach her the same way, we'd see a whole less of her blapping (is that a word? no) her jaws.

I gotta find that guy's name and send him KUDOS!

Hope it's okay to speculate on which jurors might be undecided. My worry has been #1 because I thinks she was the one who answered very softly when the others sounded more firm in their individual decision at verdict time. My notes say church lady.

Nope. You don't have to pay taxes. It's a violation of the law, you'll get in trouble and if you resist long enough you'll go to jail, but you have the right to make that decision either way.

You could just write on the last line of your 1040 "I plead the 5th"

works for some people these days

Well, considering what we've been exposed to...chastity a-whole-lot-more-than-just-a-belt...may be the preferred equipment.

:giggle:

They'd have to encase her in carbonite. Like they did with Han Solo.

Folks the bolded part is the important part of the note from the jury-

“If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

@ this stage means at the time of the note they were locked. I don't believe that means they were going through the instructions.

RIGHT! The jury was probably still reading the instructions line by line to be certain that everyone is clear before they actually dliberate. This is a dedicated jury. They have invested a lot into this trial and clearly they take it seriously. They are not deadlocked, folks. They are deliberating.

Nope. You don't have to pay taxes. It's a violation of the law, you'll get in trouble and if you resist long enough you'll go to jail, but you have the right to make that decision either way.

Lol, ok Hobbes. (It was a joke). :)

Just thinking - could the question be from the Jury just reading through the instructions and were just asking for direction on what would happen if that were the case? They'd not been deliberating for long....

That would be good, but why bring in the attorneys, family and the media. That question could have been answered simply without all the fuss I would think. jmo

It's possible this was just a run of the mill question regarding jury instructions from #18 and the judge read it as they were hung and called them in. Usually, jury questions are handled in chambers and sent back. That she called them in to answer them may have confused them until they realized they thought the question meant they were hung. It's also possible #18 thinks he could possibly not give her DP and wants to know what they should do if he decides that.

Just spitballing here because it doesn't make sense to me that this jury would decide after such a short amount of time that they were deadlocked.

i'd like to think this, but they really have been out a long time deliberating. i really think they've got a split or a holdout or two.

Sorry if this has been addressed a million times but does this jury actually know the process that if they hang they are released? TIA

Well for some reason, my adenoid pics won't post. Anyway, could be your adenoids or tonsils more likely if you still have them.

I have the crud that everybody here at work has. We sound like a TB ward. Shots, meds, you name it. It just won't go away.

Jodi is in for a big surprise. She does not know it yet, but a prison official said jodi will go into maximum security if she gets life. He said no book clubs for jodi. She will be in a cell all by herself. No contact with other inmates. Think about it. Who usually gets max security? IMO they are watching her current behavior and they are planning to shut her down. The circus is leaving town.:seeya:

I pray that you are right!!!

I'm thinking we have a serious problem here since it has been 5+ hours they have been deliberating.

I mean, come on. I have to go to dinner with friends.

Would you rather they be hung?? I'm happy they're at least discussing! Ugh stress and prayers

Folks the bolded part is the important part of the note from the jury-

“If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

@ this stage means at the time of the note they were locked. I don't believe that means they were going through the instructions.
I think the key is what that if means. I still have faith in this jury. They've been thorough each step of the way. I don't see this as any different.

Jodi is in for a big surprise. She does not know it yet, but a prison official said jodi will go into maximum security if she gets life. He said no book clubs for jodi. She will be in a cell all by herself. No contact with other inmates. Think about it. Who usually gets max security? IMO they are watching her current behavior and they are planning to shut her down. The circus is leaving town.:seeya:

Oh please let this be SO.

Somehow I think she might get-off being on being the *advertiser censored* queen of whatever prison she gets sent to.

What prison would it be??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member