Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have alternates; why would they not substitute until a unanimous decision could be made?

The most important thing is she still convicted of first degree premeditated murder. I'm mostly devastated that the Alexander family has to deal with this another few months at least. While I am very disappointed this jury is NOTHING like the Pinellas one. They let a woman who killed her child walk free and barely deliberated on that.

Did you all see the big smile on Wilmott's face? Disgusting! Here is hoping for the new jury to get the right verdict of DP.

Juan is now under immense pressure to end this by offering LWOP in exchange for CMja waiving any appeals.
Juan will only do what the Alexander's want him to do. He has a bond with them and I think he truly cares about them.

Where are they ever gonna find a new jury for this case.. she is going to be doing tons of interviews now.

Anyone notice the person who has read the jury's verdict every time has stumbled over many words while reading it? What's up with that?

They don't need to find jurors that haven't heard about this case, only people that haven't made up their minds if she should receive the DP or not.

Retrial on penalty phase?

I'm not sure they will minor. I don't know if the Alexander's can handle it. Looks like Jodi won this round.

But I also don't believe that Jodi will agree to LWOP. She wants a shot at parole one day so I think she will again force it and Travis is going to be dragged through the mud again along with his family.

Jodi will never agree to LWOP

I'm disappointed but not shocked or disgusted. It will be interesting to hear from the jurors now. Hopefully we will and of the details of the process.

Wow people. I'm disappointed too but give the jury a break. They have had their lives disrupted for this horrible trial. And now posters are disgusted, calling them cowards, spewing hate at them? They found her guilty AND eligible for the DP. This final phase will have a re-do. JA is not going anywhere.

I'm so very sorry that I'm replaying the unbelievable pain that the Alexander family went through every single day since Jan 2nd and now they will have to live through that again at least through July because certain jurors could not complete their job. All I can see is them going through this torture again. Yes, I have a problem with that. I read the mitigating factors over and over and watched the murderer's emotionless speech and I guess I didn't feel recycling behind bars was enough to make up for butchering a man and blaming him until the very end. Yes, the inability for them to reach a verdict is causing the family to suffer more, more than we will ever know.

Shepherd Smith on FOXnews is PIZZED. Much better channel to watch than HLN. How completely heartbreaking for the Alexander family. I pray that the next jury sentences her to Death.

JA DID NOT WIN...She remains a convicted murder awaiting determination of LWOP or death..JSS watched her tv interviews and saw her demeanor changes....Do NOT allow JA to suck you in to think SHE HAS WON..She has not..... Let's stay strong

Tears ever since non-verdict was read. Sigh. But here we go....prayers for strength for Travis' family.....

BRING IT ON JUAN. SHOW THE TAPES SHOW THE TAPES SHOW THE TAPES.GO HARD. He was, IMO, a little too soft on the mitigation phase. GO HARD AND SHOW THE TAPES SHOW THE TAPES SHOW THE TAPES.

I have nothing a/g this jury. However, I do want the hold-out or hold-outs to SEE HER INTERVIEWS....now they will have to live with their decision after seeing that.

Please could someone post a link to HLN livestreeam? TIA!

SMH, so devastated for the Alexander family.

Will wilmott and nurmi be her attorneys still

With how self inflated her ego has been recently, I'll bet she at least attempts to represent herself as counsel like she did in the beginning.

What a circus that would be.

It's a huge win for the defense. Huge! They just raised the odds on saving her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want Stevev and Samantha to have to give ANOTHER victimi statement.
:( I can't at this. :(

why we are upset but I think ALOT of people here are forgetting something very important, SHE'S STILL CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER.

In some states, without the DP as an option, this is a huge win. We should still be celebrating. She's not walking free, she's a convicted felon. This jury did everything they could, we should be thanking them, not cursing them. I'm a little shocked at some of these responses...

I am upset because I think she deserves DP and a mistrial for the sentencing phase means prolongation of the pain to the Alexander family and friends.

The tragedy is to the Alexander family and it is sick but lets not lose perspective. CMJA lost the ultimate battle at M1. She and her supporters can dance and give the finger but no matter what, the doors are being locked behind CMJA for good (I deeply doubt JSS would give her LWP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010