Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
Tanisha is here and has on a salmon shirt. Hillary had on a banana dress. They went into the side room as well. #JodiArias

I think if I were on a jury I would start putting pieces together at the first of the trail to the end that way I would have in my mindset what to do at this time.

I love Juan that he is sitting with Travis' family right now. He must have a mountain of other work he should be doing, and a month's worth of calls and texts to return, but he's there, supporting them.

Or maybe they're having a meeting just discussing possiblity of hung jury and what their next steps will be?

Oh, btw...

Yesterday KCL reported on her thread that when the jury was leaving the courtroom after the Judge provided the Allen charge, that ALL of the jurors looked at the Alexander family.

Oh, btw...

Yesterday KCL reported on her thread that when the jury was leaving the courtroom after the Judge provided the Allen charge, that ALL of the jurors looked at the Alexander family.

That is very revealing to me. Samantha was literally shaking and sobbing. Poor thing.

Watching HLN on mute, and saw the convict with lip gloss and juicy cold sore. Ha! Like this is not getting to her? Her body betrays her. I like it.

In her crazy loon mind, I believe she honestly considers herself to be a celebrity on a press junket for her most recent film release.

And based on her mannerisms in the interviews, during which she doesn't have to put on an act because the jury is watching, it's easy to see that smart arse attitude. I can't even imagine what it would be like dealing with her one on one on an everyday basis.

I also believe there's some truth to her story about her mother's discipline becoming worse as she got older. When baby sis came along, I bet Jodi, with all her diagnoses, pretty much lost it. Back then, it wasn't common to have children treated for stuff like that, and her mom probably just thought she was a discipline problem and that "whacking" (or whatever word JA used) her would help settle her down. Not realizing that it would just make crazy more rebellious and intent on doing just the opposite.

Dealing with her would be enough to make even the most experienced Mom want to run off and join the circus.

I love Juan that he is sitting with Travis' family right now. He must have a mountain of other work he should be doing, and a month's worth of calls and texts to return, but he's there, supporting them.

I bet he has a great staff to support him. There's just no way he does what he does without a team of dynamos just like him.

I haven't posted here since the CA trial but I wanted to chime in to say- the jurors probably took an initial vote and were deadlocked. They probably didn't know what to do and that's why they asked the judge. I don't think they realized they had to be unanimous so they thought they were done. The judge then told them they need to be unanimous and gave them the charge and they have been hard at work since. I think we will get a unanimous verdict I just don't know if some will cave or not. Jmo

Dr. Drew had a juror on from the Petit case (mom, two daughters raped and killed, dad beaten up, house set on fire).

This juror said there were a couple of jurors who didn't want to give the DP.

She said the other jurors very respectfully and slowly brought them around to feel comfortable giving DP.

She said it took a long time to convince them but in the end all 12 were unanimous for DP.

I bet that's what's going on. We may not even hear today, it may be next week...but I really hope it's today, for the Alexanders' sake especially!

LOL! Thanks for that...

Not sure who posted it or maybe it was a reporter, they were talking about how her whole appearance changed for the interviews and she didn't have bangs for it....and I remembered....

SHE STYLED HER HAIR THE SAME WAY WHEN DEMARTE WAS ON THE STAND.

REmember we were all saying she was copying Demarte? So...that makes it pretty obvious that she was even jealous of DeMarte who was a woman she doesn't even know!!!!!!!!!!!! SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. DeMarte is a very bright young woman, very articulate, and accomplished for her young years, everything the murderer is not. Scary yes, but are you surprised really?

I sure wish the TH's would shut up! One Def. Atty. said, as FACT - one juror holdout, will not change. This is what happened yesterday...

HUH? Was he the BUG on the wall in the jury room??????????????

From what I read on JAII, he friended some of those people on Facebook and is very well liked over there...lol....

I sure wish the TH's would shut up! One Def. Atty. said, as FACT - one juror holdout, will not change. This is what happened yesterday...

HUH? Was he the BUG on the wall in the jury room??????????????

That was Dwayne Cates and he also wrongly predicted Jodi would be convicted of 2nd degree murder, not 1 st. I take it as a good sign he thinks they will be hung. History shows he doesn't know anything more than we do.

LOL...JVM said all these highly educated people, and everyone comes to different conclusions about what the jury will do.....lol....SHE"S JUST FIGURING THAT OUT??? They're just TH's, JVM.

Or maybe they're having a meeting just discussing possiblity of hung jury and what their next steps will be?

(Putting my hands over my ears so I don't hear that possibility. I like my loving Juan version of what's going on mucho better).

(Besides, I'm pretty sure he discussed that with them yesterday. Chris Hughes said last night the family was split over what they would opt for if.....if... So they've discussed it already.)

Now, back to happy positive thoughts about today.

My brother (he's 61) is still an avid cyclist and rode his bike here yesterday (probably 24-mile roundtrip). I was watching HLN (and reading here), so he sat down to watch with me and chat about the case. This was sometime after the confusion about the possible hung jury, so I explained to him how a new jury would have to be seated if this jury could not reach a verdict. Brother doesn't have cable but cannot imagine how anyone can't know about the case and said, "You can't miss her. She's everywhere!" We agreed that there is no way that an impartial jury could be seated. Anyhoo, my brother wants Jodi to FRY! I told him that the AZ DP was lethal injection, but he insisted that Jodi should FRY!

She will fry, as soon as she gets to Hell. Whether that's in 10 years or 50.

Chris Williams@chriswnews

And #JodiArias atty Willmott arrives and enters courtroom 5C

Severe Thunderstorm warning issued for this area. Ugh. I hope the power stays on.

I don't think they were, this jury deliberated over 2 hours in the aggravation phase, and that was a slam dunk. There is no way they would decide they were deadlocked after only a couple hours in the penalty phase.

Kiefer may have an agenda and a bias, but he was asked if he saw the note, and he said he had. He's known other things before it hit the media. He's got a source.
Based on some other DP deliberations, it wouldn't be unusual if jury deliberations go much longer in this phase than they did in the guilt phase.

bbm -

That Kiefer states he saw it, I sure hope he gets called by JSS to answer to this, if there are leaks. I think JSS would be interested in knowing who in the world would be leaking such info. :banghead:

I'm still having a real problem believing JSS would have been so clear about receiving their note that states they are stuck, rather than just being confused about answering a jury question, "If".

But hey, it's all confusing and maybe we'll find out more after the fact.

I hope the jury is hunkered down trying to resolve this today...so that the Alexander family can see the AZ courthouse in their rear view mirror for the last time....

Would love for the Alexanders, and the jury! to be able to breathe a sigh of relief on this long weekend, knowing Jodi's being processed at her new home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29