Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm choosing to look at the bright side of this. The Alexander family and friends can go home and get a good long rest. The next jury will have seen much more, and need to be able to put that aside to render an impartial verdict. CMJA's media blitz will be in the mix. The DP is still a likely outcome.

I'm concerned Jodi will get life and at some point down the road somehow become eligible for parole, State laws are known to change.

Possibly. But if that does happen, she will never be given parole. She will never admit what she did and someone from the Alexander family will be at every hearing. Because of this, no parole board will ever grant her freedom.

I actually for very, very sorry for this jury. The one or ones that held out will be inundated with the truth of inmate Arias and it will probably lead to so much distress and soul searching for her/him/them (unless they went into the trial anti-death penalty).JMO

I AM SO VERY PROUD OF THIS JURY FOR FINDING HER GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE PREMEDIATED MURDER THAT WAS ESPECIALLY CRUEL. THANK YOU JURORS

July 18 is the start date of the new trial. OMG - Prayers for Juan and the Alexanders. Their lives on hold for who knows how much longer. OMG

I don't understand vilifying this entire jury when it may be just one holdout who is against the death penalty. We have no way of knowing.

This is what I know...

I finish what I start, no matter how tough it gets...

The easy part was convicting her on murder one...so much evidence...

Now, they want to hand off the difficult part to another jury...

This jury is made up of MANY INDIVIDUALS. Why blast them for something beyond their control?

Please read my complete post.

As I stated I am upset about the decision of those who dug in their heels on not giving Jodi the DP. That is not blast, that is my opinion. I am not calling them names or being insulting. I feel those who made the wrong decision (which is not all of them, we don't know how many did, which is why I used the term mud on their heel) should have given her the DP and now the family will have to suffer for it.

MOO MOO and again MOO.

Ok, Ok , I'll give you that. I"m in no mood to argue right now. :)

I'm not trying to start an argument, just want to prevent people from getting in trouble. No time outs for people today. I'm very upset with this whole business.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. If they couldn't carry down a DP sentence they shouldn't have been on a DP case!

This is the only thing that bothers me. If you say yes I can do that, then it is your duty to hold to that! MOO

as much as she merits it, i doubt her death will bring anyone peace. her silence will. the problem has been that she can't be shut up until recently. so if she gets DP, she becomes a vocal faux martyr for the next 30 years on public money. LWOP means she fades into obscurity, if she doesn't get killed in jail. i think there is a desire to see justice in very simple terms, and this is a great case for that....BUT everytime she has gambled with the press, she has lost because she's disconnected from how her image actually reads.

peace after violence isn't something someone else can give you. it's really something you have to come into on your own. BUT they can stop sticking you with a thorn that's for sure. and that's the thing, it's hard for a wound to heal when it's being picked open all the time.

There are different kinds of battles, She won the battle that matters to her.

Thank you as this IMO is exactly how it is perceived to this first degree, premeditated, slandering murderer, her BFF sorority sister Jenny W, and the Kirk Nurmi..it is a victory, a win for them.

On the other side it is a tremendous blow to the precious Alexander siblings. IMO above all else that was conveyed crystal clearly in their VIS is they needed this to be over.. They desperately were in need to be able to move forward with their lives.. And so very tragically the end is not at all in sight for them..

My heart hurts for them as I continue to pray for them now MORE THAN EVER!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

No unanimous decision...WTF! Someone/someones in this jury have no common sense!

Just think what the next batch of jurors will be like...by the time they find another group of people who are not aware of this case they will obviously be so disconnected with life in regular society and exhibit even less common sense I'm sure.

You know what, I think this is okay--certainly not for the Alexanders and I will continue to donate and I hope they can seek guidance if they decide (although it sounded to me by Judge's statement that it has been) to continue on this journey.

Please bear with me...there were so many things that happened and was said in those interviews of Convicted Murderer Inmate Arias that is damning to her.

She did not win today, she only received a postponement of the inevitable.

And FWIW I do believe there was an anti-death penalty person that somehow got on the jury as evidenced by the now clear and true fact that this jury probably did say they were deadlocked after 2.5 hours of deliberation

Typically, I do not get angry over these things, can't remember ever being mad actually. But I am beyond mad with this result. I tend to believe you are correct, there was one juror with an agenda. I have to stop at this point...prayers for the Alexander family, as many as I can muster.

A lawyer on AZ central says CM will remain in the jail she is in until she is sentenced.

He also does not think the penalty phase will be until 2015.

If true this is terrible news.

MAYBE Jodi Ann is crying because she is suddenly aware that her Ready-For-My-Closeup interviews, including threats, will be available for the prosecutor to show a fresh jury. She maybe thinking

Son of a B. Now I've done it!

This causes a bubble of happiness to rise in my chest and I want to share it while remaining sorrowful for the additional pain a walk down the Hall of Horrors will be for the poor Alexander family.

So now JM gets to use JA's little media blitz against her. That's kind of exciting! A little ray of sunshine in a terrible day.

I'm so anxious to hear how many for Death and how many for LWOP
That will give us a great deal of information going forward!

I would have, as well. That said, the jury did not have the option of LWOP. They could select LIFE or DEATH. If they chose LIFE, the Judge has the call about whether Jodi would spend the remainder of her natural life in prison or be eligible for parole in 25 years (most likely only 20 years since JA has already been incarcerated for 5 years). This would not be acceptable to me, and I suspect it wasn't acceptable to a majority of the jurors. :moo:

True, and if I had wanted death I wouldn't risk that either ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper